Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

There is alot of sliding door moments that have played a factor in this surely. The trading out of this year's second to move up two spots being the most obvious one. Yes not getting properly compensated for Amon is a factor but we also could've traded him out as a pre agent a year ago and gotten far better capital and that's on us for poor management of contracts especially when we had an enormous amount of cap space the last few years.

Realistically we could've had 26 and most likely a first round selection this year if we had have traded Amon given what Sydney got for Dawson. If both of those management decisions were made we still would have had Sinn and the capital to make all the trades we're looking at.

I still think it'll all go through but it's just worth looking at why we're in this position and those are two key factors

Sent from my CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If west coast and crows weren’t such weak ass bitches happy being big fish in their small pond throwing stones at their neighbour while bending over for the vic private school cabal that runs the league the interstate teams could have banded together and forced the afl to address all the issues and make it truly a national league.

I’ve said it before, but west coast and Adelaide’s small mindedness is to blame for the shitshow the afl is. Band together and all the other interstate clubs bar gws / gcs feel the pressure from their fans to do the same. All of a sudden there’s real pressure on the afl to make meaningful changes. It’s simply not remotely viable without Wa / Sa and especially if Sydney / brisbane threw in their lot with us. Wouldn’t even have to break away and make another league, the sheer threat to do so, or even just sit out , even empty threats while another tv deal is being negotiated would do the trick. Even empty theats is enough to give tv guys ammo in negotiations or concern about spending big money that the afl wouldnt want.

Instead we will continue to be a Mickey Mouse league indefinitely.

* you west coast and Adelaide you ******* useless twats.
The best chance of something like that happening is if all of the sudden a lot of people in USA started watching and Paramount or someone like that wanted TV rights but couldn't get them and decides its easier to own the league.

Not very likely to happen

Eh. I don't think 1 more future second rounder ultimately makes or breaks this deal. If that's what North want desperately, Port could trade a combo of its current 2022 second and third rounds for a future second and trade that with 8 + F1. It might mean Rioli is PSD or bust, but West Coast would wear a lot of the blame there.

Or possibly just gives more incentive to trade out Bonner for a future pick that can be used somewhere instead. It'd surprise me if he didn't get an offer elsewhere.
It will stop us getting Ratugolea and is what this is all about - probably got a call from Steven Hocking to AFL Headquarters putting in his order.

Haven't North said they want a top 5 pick? Have we or Should we try talking to Essendon and eventually gold coast for their picks?

Haven't North said they want a top 5 pick? Have we or Should we try talking to Essendon and eventually gold coast for their picks?
Pick 8 and a player like Bonner,DBJ to GC for pick 5 would he good

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Someone else pointed out that there’s been nothing from north asking for a top 5 pick, it’s just come from north fanbois.

That doesn’t mean north aren’t behind the scenes asking for that, but unless anyone has come out and said it from north it’s just jerk off material by a fan base desperate for any win they can get, even if it’s a hollow victory.

Port the most reasonable traders in the last decade

Offers up a totally reasonable compensation

AFL media: OMG THIS IS RIDICULOUS WHY AREN'T THEY GETTING ROBBED BLIND
just say to JHF .. stuff it (and North) sit out for a year and we will pick you up as a delisted free agent ... and if he does that we will add more onto your contract

Someone else pointed out that there’s been nothing from north asking for a top 5 pick, it’s just come from north fanbois.

That doesn’t mean north aren’t behind the scenes asking for that, but unless anyone has come out and said it from north it’s just jerk off material by a fan base desperate for any win they can get, even if it’s a hollow victory.
There is actually a Sam Edmund tweet to that effect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is actually a Sam Edmund tweet to that effect.

No there isn't. Edmund tweeted that he wondered if Bergman would be considered in a trade for JHF involving pick 8 and a future 1, but there is no alluding to a top 5 pick and a future 1st anywhere on his timeline.

I don't know where this top 5 and a future 1 has come from but the North fans have run with it because it suits them.

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?
I think GWS as a 3rd party are a potential avenue.
I think a more likely scenario is to offer our F1 + 33 for 12 and 18

8,12,18 to Kangaroos for JHF

Enables Roos to speak about the 3 first round picks!

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

Yeah, I wish we were more pragmatic about moving DBJ on. He has a résumé that can be sold to the receiving club’s fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back