Roast Where are you Richo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly not every boomer, but certainly the group of people who were angriest with my Sack Hinkley banner were 60+. One of them told me to "get my black and white s**t off" referring to the prison bars and then told me in the next breath she'd been a trainer for the Magpies.

I have family members, one of whom posts on this board, who is one of the most militantly anti-Hinkley people I know and she has been for years.
I must admit that all the Boomer ladies & wives I know are like, "Dont be so mean." "But he seems so nice, and the players love him." etc., etc.

But then, we have to admit that in general, the fairer sex are nicer people. They are often mothers, carers, and nurturers, and find it hard to be mean to anyone. Then you have some like PowerLil and Gbear over here, who I am sure are lovely caring ladies, but will do an "Aunty Jack" on you if you cross them! ;)

Richo if you're reading this I got chatgpt to write you one for next year:

"Dear Members and Supporters,

As we bid farewell to the 2024 AFL season, we find ourselves reflecting on our journey with a mix of emotions. The Port Adelaide Football Club has always had an unyielding aversion to losing, especially when it matters most, and our feelings remain as resolute as ever.

In 2024, we achieved several commendable milestones, culminating in a respectable 8th-place finish at the end of the regular season. However, when the pressure was at its zenith, we fell short, and we take full accountability for our performance without offering any excuses.

The AFL season is an arduous marathon, not a fleeting sprint. Nevertheless, the abrupt and unexpected conclusion of our season left us grappling with a raw and unanticipated sense of disappointment. It's a sentiment shared by all of us, and the pain runs deep.

In the wake of our recent setback, our players have echoed the same sentiments that have resonated with us since the fateful night. The finality of it all has been stark and unrelenting.

Since the early hours of Monday morning, our coaches and football management team have been conducting player exit meetings. In the days ahead, they will turn their focus to a comprehensive evaluation of every aspect of our football program. This introspection will provide us with valuable insights into our strengths and the areas where we must strive to improve.

Our dedicated list management group remains unwavering in their commitment to enhancing our playing roster. They are an exceptional team, and their progress in this regard has been noteworthy.

In the coming days and weeks, there may be much speculation. We urge you to keep a close eye on our website for official updates from the club.

We are heartened to see that we continue to attract strong interest from players who aspire to join the Port Adelaide family. This serves as a ringing endorsement of the exceptional people, programs, and culture we have diligently fostered."

Having seen a couple of private email responses from Richardson this week, it appears that he himself is actually responding to (some) people. That, or his EA/ghostwriter have really captured his arrogant, condescending, campaignery tone.

I must admit that all the Boomer ladies & wives I know are like, "Dont be so mean." "But he seems so nice, and the players love him." etc., etc.

But then, we have to admit that in general, the fairer sex are nicer people. They are often mothers, carers, and nurturers, and find it hard to be mean to anyone. Then you have some like PowerLil and Gbear over here, who I am sure are lovely caring ladies, but will do an "Aunty Jack" on you if you cross them! ;)
You have so got it in one Tibbs. I have probably become far less tolerant in the last 5 years, as I grew supporting port in the late 80’s and beyond. I don’t tolerate individuals white anting a club that has such a decorated and proud history.

The mother and nurse are a different personality entirely but my daughters understand and love the rich trading and heritage of the pafc. They even want donuts gone.

He will be sitting in the stand at the AFLW. I’m tempted to head along and spend the day heckling him until I get thrown out.
Lol maybe AFLW games at Alberton is the best bet to heckle these losers

We had crowds of 14k amd 29k members which included about 7,000 SANFL category 1 members who were crowies to go with yhe 4,000 category 1 members who were Port.

So 14k and 22k real Port members when they didnt have all these Mickey Mouse categories we have today.

In 2013 and 2014 yes the old members cane back but we had a lot of theatre goers sign up as we moved to AO, had a new and different game day experience, and were playing good footy.

It's these blow ins who are the happy clappers. I cant remember his name but the bloke who was defending the club to the Nth degree a couple of weeks ago - was his name Enoch - admitted he only became a member in 2014. What the * was the bludger doing when we joined the AFL and then when things were tough, especially if he lived in Adelaide or country SA??

You have so got it in one Tibbs. I have probably become far less tolerant in the last 5 years, as I grew supporting port in the late 80’s and beyond. I don’t tolerate individuals white anting a club that has such a decorated and proud history.

The mother and nurse are a different personality entirely but my daughters understand and love the rich trading and heritage of the pafc. They even want donuts gone.
Love it! :thumbsu::thumbsu: Keep it up.

We will eventually get our club back ... I know it. But it is going to be a frustrating next 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is pretty interesting that absolutely no one I know in Adelaide who is a Port fan wants Hinkley, and wanted him gone several seasons ago at minimum.

Who are these people that post YAY DADDY on the clubs socials other than bots? Crazy recluses and human refuse? Honestly.

They obviously exist. “Yes People” exist everywhere. However, Port has always deliberately ignored them when making decisions.

They were welcome to be along. They could even work for the club. Yet, they would never be taken as the quintessential Port supporter nor be put onto leadership positions.

This has changed.

P.S.: manureid had already said it.

What the * was the bludger doing when we joined the AFL and then when things were tough, especially if he lived in Adelaide or country SA??

It can be age. Perhaps, he was too young to become a member before that.

Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.

Auntie Jack has nothing on me Tibbs . Started going to the footy when I was six. Loved Randall Gerlach, Kim Kinnear and Bruce Abernethy as a kid / teen. Have always felt immense pride in my club, wore it like a suit of armour. I've been emailing KT, Richo since 2016 calling for Hinkley's head, attending every AGM bar covid, sent emails in rebuttal of Koch's comments, went to the BigFooty hookup with Richo and KT, cancelled 3 platinum memberships and will be placing mine and Mr PL's on hold for 2024 and cancelling my maggies'. Short of violence, I'm running out of options.

Last edited:
Auntie Jack has nothing on me Tibbs . Started going to the footy when I was six. Loved Randall Gerlach, Kim Kinnear and Bruce Abernethy as a kid / teen. Have always felt immense pride in my club, wore it like a suit of armour. I've been emailing KT, Richo since 2016 calling for Hinkley's head, attending every AGM bar covid, sent emails in rebuttal of Koch's comments, went to the BigFooty hookup with Richo and KT, cancelled 3 platinum memberships and will be placing mine and Mr PL's on hold for 2024 and cancelling my maggies'. Short of violence, I'm running out of options.
I had the pleasure of knowing Randall.

Started off as work colleagues in the late 80's and became friends. I was nearly 20 years younger than him. We would go away on golf trips during the year and he would tell me stories about his time at Port and I would sit there mesmerised not wanting him to stop.

To think what Randall went through to achieve that one crowning glory to play in a premiership where he put himself through so much pain to what the mantra of the club has become now wants to make me throw up.

RIP great man.

I had the pleasure of knowing Randall.

Started off as work colleagues in the late 80's and became friends. I was nearly 20 years younger than him. We would go away on golf trips during the year and he would tell me stories about his time at Port and I would sit there mesmerised not wanting him to stop.

To think what Randall went through to achieve that one crowning glory to play in a premiership where he put himself through so much pain to what the mantra of the club has become now wants to make me throw up.

RIP great man.
An unbelievable player. Retired at age 24. Loved him.

My name is Vanessa Hudson (Matthew Richardson) and I'm the new CEO of the Qantas Group (Port Adelaide FC)

We know that we’ve let our customers (supporters) down and we’ve got some things wrong, and I want to say that we’re sorry. I want you to know that we’ve heard you, and that we are working hard to rebuild your trust in us.

In the short video message below, I share more information about the actions we’re taking to once again be the national carrier (football club) Australians (Port supporters) are proud of.

We will get back to the Qantas (Port Adelaide) you know and love, and my promise to you is that we’ll work hard with the help of our amazing people to be even better.

We’ll keep listening to your feedback and I hope you continue to share your thoughts on what you’d like to see from us in the future as we commit to taking action in big and small ways.

Vanessa Hudson
CEO
Qantas Group

Matthew Richardson
CEO
Port Adelaide Football Club

See you at the footy!

It is pretty interesting that absolutely no one I know in Adelaide who is a Port fan wants Hinkley, and wanted him gone several seasons ago at minimum.

Who are these people that post YAY DADDY on the clubs socials other than bots? Crazy recluses and human refuse? Honestly.
I know 2 supporters that are very pro-Hinkley, they think I'm not a supporter.

The rest of the pro-Hinkley people I know or hear are those that support other unsuccessful clubs. Crows, Bombers, Saints fans.

Nothing pisses me off more than some old school Glenelg, Sturt, South supporter, brought up amongst a culture of failure, telling me how to support my team and to stop demanding excellence. * them and their defeatist attitude. Go and enjoy your happy clapping your s**t clubs whilst we try to take back ours.

We had crowds of 14k amd 29k members which included about 7,000 SANFL category 1 members who were crowies to go with yhe 4,000 category 1 members who were Port.

So 14k and 22k real Port members when they didnt have all these Mickey Mouse categories we have today.

In 2013 and 2014 yes the old members cane back but we had a lot of theatre goers sign up as we moved to AO, had a new and different game day experience, and were playing good footy.

It's these blow ins who are the happy clappers. I cant remember his name but the bloke who was defending the club to the Nth degree a couple of weeks ago - was his name Enoch - admitted he only became a member in 2014. What the * was the bludger doing when we joined the AFL and then when things were tough, especially if he lived in Adelaide or country SA??
You mean Chris Davies? He’s disappeared like our finals campaign

So where the flaming hell are you Richo?

One measly letter that was about as generic as you could get.

Tell us how the next two years will be different. Tell us how we are truly chasing greatness. We know the 3 flags in 5 years target is blown, so what are you doing about it?

What are you doing to make this football club truly Port Adelaide?

You talk about how everyone at Alberton is all about winning premierships tucked away planning in your little cloisters. Is it all just talk? What are you doing to make it happen?

We know the 3 flags in 5 years target is blown, so what are you doing about it?

He's gone down to the Winchester Precinct for a nice cold pint, until it all blows over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back