Argo Hinkley and Argo Koch - piss off from my club you frauds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most supporters can live with a lack of premierships (at least 20 years and counting now).

They can accept a few rough years at the bottom if there's enough promise with the young players coming through and 1-2 surprise wins (Hawthorn this year is a good example of this).

So 3 out of our last 4 years finishing top 4 at the end of the H&A might seem acceptable. It probably is in a sense, but the concerns for me are mainly elsewhere.

No supporter base including ours expects a premiership every few years like the SANFL. I can accept our one and only flag to some extent, wish we had 1-2 more in our time but so be it.

Port should be an easy club to run, you pay respect to our tradition and heritage (prison bar, the ex legends, the premierships) and I believe most will renew their memberships, stick around to reminisce and remind themselves of when they were young going to Alberton Oval/Footy Park. Only reason I bought a membership in 2020 was a way to celebrate what the club meant to me. I cancelled as soon as the season was done because my values don't align with those in charge.

I don't think any supporter base will tolerate dishonest public facing custodians of our club anymore that span a decade. Myself and many others on here don't honestly believe anyone at the club (Koch, Richo, Ken in particular) are associated with the PAFC for the right reasons.

It's not all to do with a lack of success that's the cause for this thread and the Sack Hinkley one, it's the complete lack of accountability, ruthlessness and self sacrifice to drive our club towards being great.

It repeats year after year.
Bundled co captaincy which derails 2019? We got it wrong, oh well maybe the fans were right to not break tradition.
The disgraceful Russell Ebert commemorative game showing? No apology or respect for the club's greatest ever player.
Missing out on finals after 11-4? The what and the why will come.
A 71 point PF thrashing? Now's not the time to talk about it / I wouldn't change a thing.
Can't wait until finals is over to merely consider the coaches contract? Nup, can't wait, 2 year extension.
Theme amongst the playing group is inappropriately the film Oppenheimer? You're taking it to a dark place there.

One or all three should resign or begin an exit strategy with the understanding that they've served the PAFC unsuccessfully. I have no respect for them, but I'd have a little bit more if they'd at least acknowledge how they're association is one of failure and mediocrity.

Its pretty simple. Premierships are ******* hard to win. You need to make the most of it when you get the chance because as we've seen and as we saw with Craigs Crows and Ross Lyons teams, there's no guarantee you'll get one.

So it's especially important that all the ducks are in a row. When you have a coach who has proven he is incapable of making a grand final then you need to make the call and move them on. Good clubs do that. Ruthless clubs do that.

We are not a good or ruthless club.

After we all sat at Alberton listening to the rhetoric from the club at the start of 2018 about how we are "ALL IN FOR A FLAG GUYZ" and we didn't even make the ******* finals, there should have been ZERO reason for Hinkley to keep his ******* job after that. None. Zero. How can you be all in for a flag, not make finals and then not make any ******* changes to the club? He's going to be at the club seven years after what should have been the absolute end of his coaching career.

We are a laughing stock with good reason.

Thats absolute crap, this is the only way supporters can now cause change to be made. Just remember, this joke of a club is under the financial control of the AFL, so the only way we can cause change os to hurt their bottom line. Stop your financial support happy clappers:thumbsdown:
So what, we can be supported by a tiny 3rd party ATM vendor and go through 'tarp-gate' again? Sorry, but Faaaark that. I understand the sentiment though, which is why I said supporters/members can't get a win. Completely hamstung

So what, we can be supported by a tiny 3rd party ATM vendor and go through 'tarp-gate' again? Sorry, but Faaaark that. I understand the sentiment though, which is why I said supporters/members can't get a win. Completely hamstung
That wont happen, the AFL now control Port, or aren't you aware of that? Do you really believe that change will happen if happy clapper supporters just keep bank rolling this sh*t show? As I said, the AFL control Port, and the only way to cause them to make changes is to hurt their bank account. They are a business, they look at Port as a business (not a club) and nothing will change until the AFL Chief Financial Officer sees more red on his balance sheet. But until then, just keep attending games, enjoy the minor round wins, enjoy the one goal every 7 games that favoured players like McEnteee kick, and enjoy the Winter. Just make sure you plan something else for September:thumbsu:

That wont happen, the AFL now control Port, or aren't you aware of that? Do you really believe that change will happen if happy clapper supporters just keep bank rolling this sh*t show? As I said, the AFL control Port, and the only way to cause them to make changes is to hurt their bank account. They are a business, they look at Port as a business (not a club) and nothing will change until the AFL Chief Financial Officer sees more red on his balance sheet. But until then, just keep attending games, enjoy the minor round wins, enjoy the one goal every 7 games that favoured players like McEnteee kick, and enjoy the Winter. Just make sure you plan something else for September:thumbsu:
Respectfully I disagree. I know the licence is with the AFL, but they didn't step in when GWS and Gold Coast went through all their troubles with coaches and football programs, and those two clubs are the babies of the AFL boardroom. They haven't stepped in for North. Historically the only club they stepped in for at the level you want, was Melbourne in 2013, appointing Peter Jackson as interim CEO and bankrolling Roos as the coach. Pulling memebership money only weakens the football club departments further, unless we want Skype coaches again.

Respectfully I disagree. I know the licence is with the AFL, but they didn't step in when GWS and Gold Coast went through all their troubles with coaches and football programs, and those two clubs are the babies of the AFL boardroom. They haven't stepped in for North. Historically the only club they stepped in for at the level you want, was Melbourne in 2013, appointing Peter Jackson as interim CEO and bankrolling Roos as the coach. Pulling memebership money only weakens the football club departments further, unless we want Skype coaches again.
"but they didn't step in when GWS and Gold Coast went through all their troubles with coaches and football programs" - are you serious? They bank rolled these franchises with some of the biggest benefits that an incoming club has ever been given. You talk about how the "AFL didn't step in with respect to these two clubs and the administration of their football department, so answer this question - why doesn't Port have the same ability to control their decisions? I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make here. And please stop with the crap about pulling membership only weakens the football club departments further, we've heard enough of this dribble, I think you forgot the point that was initially made - THE AFL CONTROLS PORT - so regardless of membership numbers, if they leave Port in a position where they cant even afford to spend the full football cap, this will make an absolute mockery of their administration, and make the whole AFL industry a joke.

"but they didn't step in when GWS and Gold Coast went through all their troubles with coaches and football programs" - are you serious? They bank rolled these franchises with some of the biggest benefits that an incoming club has ever been given. You talk about how the "AFL didn't step in with respect to these two clubs and the administration of their football department, so answer this question - why doesn't Port have the same ability to control their decisions? I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make here. And please stop with the crap about pulling membership only weakens the football club departments further, we've heard enough of this dribble, I think you forgot the point that was initially made - THE AFL CONTROLS PORT - so regardless of membership numbers, if they leave Port in a position where they cant even afford to spend the full football cap, this will make an absolute mockery of their administration, and make the whole AFL industry a j

I don't agree, and that's ok. You do you, and I'll continue to pay my membership. Life goes on.

Good to see George Fiacchi teeing of against Koch and Ken in this morning's press. George has ramped it up a bit by saying publicly that Koch and Hinkley should both go.

In hindsight it was a mistake for Members not to re elect George to the Board a couple of years back. By all reports George was no 'yes man' and was prepared to question Board decisions. Unfortunately his successor turned out to be the opposite.

Tredders as President with George Fiacchi back on the Board would be a good combination.

Historically the only club they stepped in for at the level you want, was Melbourne in 2013, appointing Peter Jackson as interim CEO and bankrolling Roos as the coach.

they literally did it to us the year before

they literally put Koch, Hinkley etc. in charge. it wasn't Andrew Mackie or whatever recommending him. it was all the league watering us down. they got their darling franchise Melbourne a flag in that time - we don't matter. they put Roos there to give them what they want - they put Hinkley here to give us what they want.

they literally did it to us the year before

they literally put Koch, Hinkley etc. in charge. it wasn't Andrew Mackie or whatever recommending him. it was all the league watering us down. they got their darling franchise Melbourne a flag in that time - we don't matter. they put Roos there to give them what they want - they put Hinkley here to give us what they want.
Ok, fair point. I remembered that differently. I stand corrected on 2012. Is this the level we want Port to get to again though? That's my point. A once proud club so helpless on its knees begging for a handout. I'm sick to death of my club being the biggest foocking laughing stock of the AFL, and that solution doesn't feel like the answer. Just how I see it. Respect for other views as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, Koch isn’t the type of individual who concedes anything. Narcissistic characters like him almost always believe they’re never wrong. Ken’s latest extension is evidence that we’ve moved on from simple ignorance & naivety, to a full blown scorched earth policy that will cripple the club for years to come.

Good on ya Nick, great call and we’ll said
I needed 7 minutes not 3. Needed to get my Jed McEntee is the Eric Moussambani of the AFL line in, but that was for the last 30 seconds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back