Roast The Drag on my Intelligence, the Bane of my Existence, my unchallenged Icon of Mediocrity … that is David Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never met the bloke however I have always thought him an egoistical a-hole. We need to get rid of the cretin asap.
I have unfortunately met the arrogant campaigner, it was at the Alberton oval the day after the team had squandered a 3rd qtr 40 plus point lead against brisvegas and fallen over the line burning at least 2 valuable percentage points in the process.

I held the door open for him as we were both leaving the member's stand loo, when he said `great win last night,' and my very polite response was that I believed we should have won by more.
He looked down his nose at me with a how dare a pleb supporter like you make a comment like that, and I remember thinking at the time this bloke just doesn't get it!

Last edited:

I've seen plenty about why Koch should not be President. What I would be interested to see posted is who people think a good, realistic replacement would be?

Until recently I would've said someone like Brian Cunningham, but it seems someone slipped him a swig of the Koshie/Kenny Kool Aid too. I'm at a loss - what's Jay Weatherill up to these days, still with Twiggy Forrest?

Until recently I would've said someone like Brian Cunningham, but it seems someone slipped him a swig of the Koshie/Kenny Kool Aid too. I'm at a loss - what's Jay Weatherill up to these days, still with Twiggy Forrest?

Bucky would’ve been perfect for the elder statesman role if he wanted it, but yeah, him popping out of the woodwork to carry the regime’s water was lowkey devastating — and speaks more to a real disconnect with the contemporary machinations of the club.

There’s no way a fully-engaged and emotionally-invested Brian Cunningham casually concurs with any ‘ah yeah, we lost some finals 20 years ago too, so what’s happening now is fine’ angle.

I was listening to a podcast earlier this week in which the host and the guest were discussing NFL teams and owners. My ears pricked up when they mentioned how some owners don't really care about winning, so long as the revenue stream is there. Our Chairman (and those under him) acts like one of those owners.

If Koch stuck to what he knows a little about - schmoozing potential sponsors - that would be tolerable. Icky, but tolerable. Yes I was an innocent bystander to two minutes of it once, he's somewhere between used car salesman and Harvey Norman salesman level ;)

Sadly at several key points he has taken an active if unwitting interest in reducing our chances of winning, and that is intolerable.

These are the updated qualifications of David Koch to remain as chairman per the PAFC website:

DAVID KOCH - CHAIRMAN

Profession:
Executive Chairman, Pinstripe Media
Chairman, Port Adelaide Football Club (2012 – current)
Director, Port Adelaide Football Club (2012 - current)
Patron, Koch Centre for Youth and Learning
Chairman, Ausbiz
Former Sunrise co-host (October 2002 - June 2023)

The update comprises the insertion of the word: ‘Former’.

To this, to give it some real clout, could be added:

Former No. 1 Ticket Holder
Former schoolboy

Before long, hopefully, ‘Former’ will be added to lines 2 and 3.

These are the updated qualifications of David Koch to remain as chairman per the PAFC website:

DAVID KOCH - CHAIRMAN

Profession:
Chairman, Ausbiz

Former schoolboy

There is a lot of 'not much' there, isn't there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen plenty about why Koch should not be President. What I would be interested to see posted is who people think a good, realistic replacement would be?

lg0rTdcXnc4LGZYh7agUdOM8xjE=.gif

Great thread LR, really good read and I admit I only pass through here now as anything Port Adelaide just angers me while Hinkley and Koch are there and I have better things to invest my time in.

None of LR's revelations should come as a shock, it's all been obvious about Koch from day one. He's in it for him, and has slowly turned the club into his own personal reflection. He's a vile dictator and has enabled Hinkley for years. Hinkley could go tomorrow but while Koch is there the club won't change.

Also whoever is running the Port website which highlights the bullshit from the club I'd love to talk to. I'm a paid writer on top of my regular job and would love to talk to whoever is running that website/blog if they want to flick me a private message if they are on here.

There are many people who don't have a massive public profile but would be great for the role. Zeitz is one of them but I have no doubt there are more.

What I don't think we should entertain is an equivalent of "well, who are you gonna get" when criticism is raised of the North Shore dilettante.
I am among those that think that Koch is well past his use by date for a variety of reasons. Its not an unreasonable question to ask. It is, like it or not, a hole that would need to be filled. I asked mainly out of my own curiosity.

While it doesn't have to be someone with a postive public profile that can't hurt. It almost certainly has to be someone who is connected. I just wanted to see who some of the posters here thought would be best suited to take over.

Christine Zeitz
Christine would be ideal.

As the ‘thread starter’ it would be remiss of me not to point out that the objective of this thread is to collect together in one place as much as possible of the evidence we have which verifies Koch’s inarguable non-qualification for the job he’s been in for far too long.

The immediate aim is to get him out of the club.

As far as his replacement is concerned - unless Cardone is foisted upon us, or Restas for that matter - that’s a separate matter. The replacement has to be a candidate who is the opposite, in oh so many ways, of Koch or any of his tainted coat-carriers.

For all we know there may be something going on behind the scenes that renders it unwise, as well as pointless, to discuss life after Koch right here and just now.

And, believe me, there will be life after Koch … as sure as the sun rises in the east, over a faraway place called Bungan Beach.

DAVID KOCH - CHAIRMAN

Profession:
Chairman, Ausbiz

Former schoolboy

the fact he called his company pinstripe media sums it up for you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back