Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a beat up. Koch wasn't debating whether slurs are acceptable, he was talking about sanctions.

Wilson was comparing to the Tex Walker situation, Koch was saying the Clarkson one is more comparable.

Talking about 'baselines' is not saying things are acceptable, it's about judging appropriate levels of penalty. For once I can't disagree with Koch.

This is a beat up. Koch wasn't debating whether slurs are acceptable, he was talking about sanctions.

Wilson was comparing to the Tex Walker situation, Koch was saying the Clarkson one is more comparable.

Talking about 'baselines' is not saying things are acceptable, it's about judging appropriate levels of penalty. For once I can't disagree with Koch.

Didn’t Clarkson say “c-sucker”? That’s worlds away from “f——t”.

Didn’t Clarkson say “c-sucker”? That’s worlds away from “f——t”.

This is the first I'm hearing it. I didn't know yet that we were privy to the exact word(s) that Finlayson used. And while 'worlds away' is exaggerating, yeah I'd say it's worse. Still, comparing homophobic comments seems more appropriate than comparing a homophobic comment to a racist one, for mine.

Neither are in any way acceptable. But how do you judge level of penalty?

Kochie was spot on here.

Finlayson was worse than Clarko, but they are certainly comparable and so using Clarko's as a baseline is a good approach. Comparing it to a direct personal attack like Tex's is ludicrous.

I've got it as Clarko = fine and 2 weeks suspended, Finlayson should = 2 weeks and a fine (and possibly sack his coach too), Tex should have been at least a season but only got 6 weeks.

Worth noting that nobody worth mentioning is actually calling him out though - I have no idea who James McKern is but he seems like a complete moron from his post quoting twitter bots and idiots. Any time one of these legacy media fake news outlets starts referring to "social media" reaction you know they have nothing actually worth saying themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is calling someone a f****t worse than calling someone a c**k sucker?

Calling someone a f****t is insinuating a man is gay
Calling someone a c**k sucker is insinuating a man is gay due to them sucking penile
They are equally as bad

Finlayson should cop the same penalty as Clarkson

Im not saying he doesnt deserve a penalty at all, but it would be completely unfair for him to cop a worse one than what Clarkson did
In fact Clarksons should be worse due to him being the coach of a football club and not just a player

But hey this is the AFL we are talking about so im expecting Finlayson to be made an example of
Yeah I’ve read that a few times now and must confess I don’t understand the connotations of why one homophonic slur is better or worse than another.

Are the AFL going to attach a different suspension to every word in the offensive thesaurus?

Imagine looking at this club over the last 10 years and going yeah this place is elite we're just gonna promote from within because we've had unprecedented success. Yeah we don't need any outside input. We've won 2 finals in 8 years. Lost our last 3 finals by an average of 8 goals. Consistently can't win big games, for a decade.

YEAH WE'LL HAVE MORE OF THE SAME THANKS!

Imagine looking at this club over the last 10 years and going yeah this place is elite we're just gonna promote from within because we've had unprecedented success. Yeah we don't need any outside input. We've won 2 finals in 8 years. Lost our last 3 finals by an average of 8 goals. Consistently can't win big games, for a decade.

YEAH WE'LL HAVE MORE OF THE SAME THANKS!
For me it's that Richmond EF (2014?) - incidentally the same sort of start we had today - if you'd have said after that game one of these teams is going to create a dynasty and the other is just going to hang around being same old same old for 10 years, how would you have guessed which was us?

Remember when we used to joke about "ninthmond"? :'(

For me it's that Richmond EF (2014?) - incidentally the same sort of start we had today - if you'd have said after that game one of these teams is going to create a dynasty and the other is just going to hang around being same old same old for 10 years, how would you have guessed which was us?

Remember when we used to joke about "ninthmond"? :'(
"But if you have a deep look at the numbers, sure they might have won a few flags, but that success was sort lived.

They have missed finals 2 of the last 3 seasons, most likely will miss again this year, attendances are falling on the back of that and trends say it will take them several years to reverse that trend.

Similar short lived patterns can be seen when we do the deep dive on Hawthorn.

As a club, that's not our definition of success." - David Koch, probably

Remove this Banner Ad

Back