News Koch blocks Tredders push for the board

Remove this Banner Ad

How refreshing is it to have a true Port person telling it how it is.

His comment about "you have to play Georgiades for the betterment of the Club going forward" warmed my heart because if it's up to Hinkley between playing Dixon and MG, you know who he's playing and it ain't the young fella!

Ken's looking to his last roll of the dice..... that's this year and not beyond.

I wonder what Davies will be doing this year in regards to a 'list' of potential new coaches whilst his mate steers the ship.

Ken's looking to his last roll of the dice..... that's this year and not beyond.

I wonder what Davies will be doing this year in regards to a 'list' of potential new coaches whilst his mate steers the ship.
I imagine the list of candidates would be difficult to read through all the tears.

Last edited:

His comment about "you have to play Georgiades for the betterment of the Club going forward" warmed my heart because if it's up to Hinkley between playing Dixon and MG, you know who he's playing and it ain't the young fella!
At least being back in the media Tredders will be able to far much greater pressure on the club.

At least being back in the media Tredders will be able to far much greater pressure on the club.
You had a few to drink?

"Will be able to put far greater pressure on the club...

and yeah you're right. We miss that. Kornes is soft on this as Ken gifted him his 300th.

Tredders putting his hand up for the board feels incredibly strategically timed. If he gets on, great, he can try and influence things from within. If he gets blocked, which he has, it serves to really shine a spotlight on how insular, scared and resistant to any actual change we have become.
There are going to be people to want to label him as stupid for his views but he's entitled to his views and he has the courage of his conviction on an issue that is less black and white than some people would like to paint it. Writing people off for their personal views on a single, complex issue, who have a decent track record of being perfectly reasonable is counterproductive and naive.

Tredders putting his hand up for the board feels incredibly strategically timed. If he gets on, great, he can try and influence things from within. If he gets blocked, which he has, it serves to really shine a spotlight on how insular, scared and resistant to any actual change we have become.
There are going to be people to want to label him as stupid for his views but he's entitled to his views and he has the courage of his conviction on an issue that is less black and white than some people would like to paint it. Writing people off for their personal views on a single, complex issue, who have a decent track record of being perfectly reasonable is counterproductive and naive.
It is inevitable and logical that Tredders will be on the board by year’s end.

What will be entertaining will be Chairman Moi’s panicky ploys to keep him out.

In that interview he talked about our inability to deal with expectation. The club, coach and players should ignore that at their own peril. Warren knows EXACTLY what happens when a team struggled to deal with expectation. He knows the price paid and the reward for confronting and working through it. He lead us through an era when we failed to live up to expectation and were ultimately able to deliver. The price was ultimately that we probably didn't win as many as we should have and by the time 2004 came to a close it was difficult to get the band back together to go again. One could argue we're actually at quarter past midnight on our second trip around the premiership clock under Hinkley given the retirement of Robbie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps Koch should of kept him closer rather than push him away.

It’s all coming to an end for the current arrangement, they haven’t been able to deliver on-field and won’t this year.

I bet they have it all scripted out on the nicest way for Ken to depart.

There are a number of people who I want out of the club, but the list does NOT include Warren Tredrea. Once the club is finally rid of this toxic administration, people will realise how much of a blight on the club it's been.

I preferred what Tim G said about Georgiardis “he looks confused”. He’s right, he does.

Timmy G has spoken out since the last trial match
Seems like that was the straw that broke for him too

Yeah he wasn't great last year. Clearly had been sent for 're-education' at the club several times. Better late than never I guess.

Yeah he wasn't great last year. Clearly had been sent for 're-education' at the club several times. Better late than never I guess.

How often do the former players need to complete the re-education at the club? I hope once you complete all the modules for the course "Remember 2012" that is a one off or perhaps additions are made to that curriculum each season.

Module 1 - Remember 2012

Module 2 - It's a tough competition and someone has to lose

Module 3 - We have a long way to go to be as good as the Richmond Football Club

Module 4 - Football is the most important thing out of the things that don't matter

Module 5 - How to become Unbelievably Connected

Module 1 - Remember 2012

Module 2 - It's a tough competition and someone has to lose

Module 3 - We have a long way to go to be as good as the Richmond Football Club

Module 4 - Football is the most important thing out of the things that don't matter

Module 5 - How to become Unbelievably Connected
Module 6 - Dishlicker syndicates & mateship with Kenny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back