News Koch blocks Tredders push for the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps Koch should of kept him closer rather than push him away.

It’s all coming to an end for the current arrangement, they haven’t been able to deliver on-field and won’t this year.

I bet they have it all scripted out on the nicest way for Ken to depart.
I was thinking about this and wondering whether they all see 2023 as their last hurrah.

They double down on their sunk costs in (vain) hope of that elusive flag and are leaving at the end of the year anyway (and hence OK with Tredders coming on board as part of the new regime).

Either that or they are just genuinely delusional (probably more likely).

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah he wasn't great last year. Clearly had been sent for 're-education' at the club several times. Better late than never I guess.
He got the same re-education on Friday.

Whether that was from the club or AA I am not sure, but it it pathetic either way.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tredders putting his hand up for the board feels incredibly strategically timed. If he gets on, great, he can try and influence things from within. If he gets blocked, which he has, it serves to really shine a spotlight on how insular, scared and resistant to any actual change we have become.
There are going to be people to want to label him as stupid for his views but he's entitled to his views and he has the courage of his conviction on an issue that is less black and white than some people would like to paint it. Writing people off for their personal views on a single, complex issue, who have a decent track record of being perfectly reasonable is counterproductive and naive.
Some credit needs to be directed Darren Cahill's way. He nominated Tredders as his first choice replacement.

The fact there was no response from Koch for 4 and a half months says it all. Lol he's our one and only premiership afl captain ffs. At the very least deserved a little more respect.

Some credit needs to be directed Darren Cahill's way. He nominated Tredders as his first choice replacement.

The fact there was no response from Koch for 4 and a half months says it all. Lol he's our one and only premiership afl captain ffs. At the very least deserved a little more respect.
Actually, a couple of posters on here deserve the credit for getting the ball rolling on this.

It is inevitable and logical that Tredders will be on the board by year’s end.

What will be entertaining will be Chairman Moi’s panicky ploys to keep him out.
Get the Board to nominate someone like Robbie (or another well loved ex-star, who thinks the sun shines out of Ken's butt crack) to run against Wazza.

"Strategic Disarming" of hostile interlopers trying to break up a cosy boy's club enclave 101.

Get the Board to nominate someone like Robbie (or another well loved ex-star, who thinks the sun shines out of Ken's butt crack) to run against Wazza.

"Strategic Disarming" of hostile interlopers trying to break up a cosy boy's club enclave 101.
It's either going to be Robbie or Boak (if he retires this year), put up against him. This time we can be thankful Wanganeen is on the Essendon 'side' of his dual club loyalties at present or he could have been wheeled out again. Unless they get rid of Ken and Koch is on the way out, then they might not care.

Timmy G has spoken out since the last trial match
Seems like that was the straw that broke for him too

I finally got around to listening to that segment featured in the tweet: the caller criticising him for being too negative/flat during the call of the Freo trial!

That is Port Adelaide football, dear.

A baseline of pure ‘here we go again’ apathy, with a best-case scenario of ‘where the hell has this level of play been?!’ while Hinkley/Kornes/Rucci and you-know-who smugly spike the football in premature vindication before everything inevitably ends in tears.

Rinse-repeat.

Poor Tim. Poor us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't hear his comments first hand, but if a genuine club man like Timmy G has sold out to the crap merchants who are calling the shots at Alberton now, there is literally nothing left of the club I grew up idolising. :'(

I'm surprised you missed it. He was kowtowing to the club all of last year.

Timmy G is Timmy G. He’s your knockabout joker who’s got himself a gig on the radio. I’m sure he loves the club and feels the current predicament we’re in. It’s not in his personality to go for the jugular on Ken. He was inching his way there yesterday and Ken just batted away in his usual non-descript way. When Rowe went a bit harder he pulled out the “I get that but look, we’ve been working really hard” and then some bullshit about “we’ve been training for fast effective footy at training and it’s been working. There’s 17 other clubs that want to play that way too”
Just quite nonsensical really.

if Ginever said how he felt he wouldn't have that job anymore, he obviously knew the role he'd have to play on that station to have that job. it's 5AA. it's for dumb *s.

if Ginever said how he felt he wouldn't have that job anymore, he obviously knew the role he'd have to play on that station to have that job. it's 5AA. it's for dumb *s.
I don't buy it. Rowe is way harder on the Crows than Ginever is on Port. On a station that is designed for Crows fans. Surely Ginever calling out Port would be good for ratings as Crows supporters would love the fact that he's digging the boots in. Nup, its more he's keeping his other masters, the PAFC board who still give him gigs happy.

Exactly. Expecting Timmy G to go against the 5AA agenda is like expecting Koch to go against the AFL's agenda.

I don't buy it. Rowe is way harder on the Crows than Ginever is on Port. On a station that is designed for Crows fans. Surely Ginever calling out Port would be good for ratings as Crows supporters would love the fact that he's digging the boots in. Nup, its more he's keeping his other masters, the PAFC board who still give him gigs happy.

a man's gotta eat

Tim is a pussycat & it's obvious now why he was a crap coach, takes nothing away from him as a player.

Looks like Warren's found a way to kill time before the next board election. Quite the Port connection at North Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back