Roast Misleading and Deceptive representations / conduct by Koch breaches his fiduciary duty and has implications for all other board members

Remove this Banner Ad

That is not a decision as such. It is simply a statement supporting an existing legal agreement. As I understand the situation, under the current contract Ken Hinkley is contracted to coach Port until the end of 2023.

Terminating Hinkley's contract before it's expiry date would be a decision and heaven forbid, extending the contract beyond 2023 would also be a decision.

I ask again, what is the decision that Koch and the Board are alleged to have made on August 11th?
In that case I don't know, I also must be missing something then.

I find it so hard to read what went on behind the scenes here and without knowing its hard to make a call on further actions. Its bizarre though and can't be swept under the carpet.

Some possibilities:

1. The review was always intended to be a sham, and the aim of it was always going to be to throw Monty (as well as Hayes) under the bus and hope that would quell the disappointment of Port supporters. When it became clear that would not be acceptable, he decided to can the fake review and just be open about things.

2. The review was intended to be legitimate, but after it happened something changed the opinion of those who were running it. Players fought for Ken or threatened to leave, sponsors threatened to go, or a target player (ie JHF or Dunkley) threatened to not come under an unproven coach.

3. The review was intended to be legitimate, but it was instigated by Koch without the support of the board. He wanted to get rid of Ken or at least have a thorough review of the program, but was overruled by AFL plants on the board.

4. The review was a marketing ploy to try to drive up Ken's value and encourage another club to take him. When it became clear this wouldn't happen the charade was dropped.

Either way we need to drop the spin and be honest about what has happened. Probably the hardest thing about being a Port supporter over the last 8 years or so is that words have become completely meaningless. There is zero transparency, zero honesty, zero accountability, just a bunch of people who think you are a malleable idiot saying whatever they think you want to hear in a particular moment. Its a culture that goes way beyond Ken or Koch at this point and it needs to change.

That is not a decision as such. It is simply a statement supporting an existing legal agreement. As I understand the situation, under the current contract Ken Hinkley is contracted to coach Port until the end of 2023.

Terminating Hinkley's contract before it's expiry date would be a decision and heaven forbid, extending the contract beyond 2023 would also be a decision.

I ask again, what is the decision that Koch and the Board are alleged to have made on August 11th?
The decision: making Hinkley safe from the review that should happen after the season.

As much as many on us on this site would like to see kok get the lemonade and sars for over stepping the mark, or at the very least receive a severe censure, or maybe even a split and some board members pull the pin, I suspect that all that will happen at tomorrow's meeting is the majority will ratify his statement re kern coaching the club in 2023 and that will be it.

Well Humphrey, I have made a decision.
Oh, and what decision is that Minister?
I have made a decision not to make a decision.
Yes Minister.

Not exactly. The decision was to make a full review of the football department. Then, Koch came in with an exception.

I find it so hard to read what went on behind the scenes here and without knowing its hard to make a call on further actions. Its bizarre though and can't be swept under the carpet.

Some possibilities:

1. The review was always intended to be a sham, and the aim of it was always going to be to throw Monty (as well as Hayes) under the bus and hope that would quell the disappointment of Port supporters. When it became clear that would not be acceptable, he decided to can the fake review and just be open about things.

2. The review was intended to be legitimate, but after it happened something changed the opinion of those who were running it. Players fought for Ken or threatened to leave, sponsors threatened to go, or a target player (ie JHF or Dunkley) threatened to not come under an unproven coach.

3. The review was intended to be legitimate, but it was instigated by Koch without the support of the board. He wanted to get rid of Ken or at least have a thorough review of the program, but was overruled by AFL plants on the board.

4. The review was a marketing ploy to try to drive up Ken's value and encourage another club to take him. When it became clear this wouldn't happen the charade was dropped.

Either way we need to drop the spin and be honest about what has happened. Probably the hardest thing about being a Port supporter over the last 8 years or so is that words have become completely meaningless. There is zero transparency, zero honesty, zero accountability, just a bunch of people who think you are a malleable idiot saying whatever they think you want to hear in a particular moment. Its a culture that goes way beyond Ken or Koch at this point and it needs to change.

You're missing 5) which is that the board had a plan to deal with Hinkley and the footy department at the end of the year, only for Koch to start running his mouth off script culminating in the 72 hour back flip.

Lol. So many ridiculous hypotheticals.
Facts:
We have an idiot for a President.
We have a Bum coach who has stupiudly been backed in and or out manouvered said Idiot President.
We have a weak and complicit board.
We pander to the AFL and don't have any balls or conviction.

The players threat of player leaving is a complete load of s**t.

Last edited:
You're missing 5) which is that the board had a plan to deal with Hinkley and the footy department at the end of the year, only for Koch to start running his mouth off script culminating in the 72 hour back flip.

The PAFC has always conducted an end of year review of it's Football Operations. So the Board had decided to sack Hinkley as part of it's annual review but Koch black flipped? Where has this come from?

The PAFC has always conducted an end of year review of it's Football Operations. So the Board had decided to sack Hinkley as part of it's annual review but Koch black flipped? Where has this come from?

I didn't say that at all.

The above post was mentioning possibilities as to what has happened, I have simply added another one. Don't try to infer anything or read between the lines from what I said. Take it on face value alone instead.

I didn't say that at all.

The above post was mentioning possibilities as to what has happened, I have simply added another one. Don't try to infer anything or read between the lines from what I said. Take it on face value alone instead.

Fair enough, I obviously misread your intent, of course the most likely scenario is there was never any plan other than to let Hinkley's contract run it's course. In which case there was no backflip on Koch's part as he was just confirming the status quo.

Yes it wasnt meant to be an exhaustive list, Im sure there is 6,7,8,9,10 as well... just the first 4 things to come to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think similar, but Footy Department had a crack at him.
Koch said something he wasn't meant to on his normal Monday Radio skit.
Football Department, said wait on a minute, why are you shooting your mouth off.
Thursday, he forced to backflip.

Facts:
We have an idiot for a President.
We have a Bum coach who has stupiudly been backed in and or out manouvered said Idiot President.
We have a weak and complicit board.
We pander to the AFL and don't have any balls or conviction.
yep agree with this 100% and its wholly and completely why this club is screwed and is more "Southern Power" than PAFC these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back