Roast The Drag on my Intelligence, the Bane of my Existence, my unchallenged Icon of Mediocrity … that is David Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll change your tune when the extra 3 schnitties and jug of Hahn light sold at the Precinct means we don't need to cover the bowling club in tarps during pre-season practice matches.
Crows supporters won't come, and the few that do will refuse to buy any food and drink to spite us. The last time we played them in a practise match at Alberton the only crow supporters I saw there were trying to steal cans out of one of those big cages we have to collect cans to donate the proceeds to charity

Crows supporters won't come, and the few that do will refuse to buy any food and drink to spite us. The last time we played them in a practise match at Alberton the only crow supporters I saw there were trying to steal cans out of one of those big cages we have to collect cans to donate the proceeds to charity

Cut out the middle man :D

This is how I see it. I think that we have to acknowledge that Koch has done an outstanding job off field as he has turned us around from AAMI tarps to record memberships, consistent profit and a massive Alberton Development underway, but he appears to be too involved on field with his support of Hinkley. Blind Freddie can see that Stinkley should have been gone after the WB Prelim final, if not 2 years before but Koch has almost thumbed his nose at the member base by reappointing him again and again. To reappoint him before the finals last season was proven to be lunacy and I fear it was the Koch ego of I am the boss and don't question me that wouldn't allow him to sensibly wait until the end of the season.
Time is up
I will be logged in at 9am on Thursday to vote for Tredders

This is how I see it. I think that we have to acknowledge that Koch has done an outstanding job off field as he has turned us around from AAMI tarps to record memberships, consistent profit and a massive Alberton Development underway, but he appears to be too involved on field with his support of Hinkley. Blind Freddie can see that Stinkley should have been gone after the WB Prelim final, if not 2 years before but Koch has almost thumbed his nose at the member base by reappointing him again and again. To reappoint him before the finals last season was proven to be lunacy and I fear it was the Koch ego of I am the boss and don't question me that wouldn't allow him to sensibly wait until the end of the season.
Time is up
I will be logged in at 9am on Thursday to vote for Tredders
You are being much too nice.

I see you’ve been on BigFooty since 2004 so you’ve been there and done that.

But we don’t have to ‘acknowledge’ anything with regard to Koch, especially any mythical ‘outstanding job’ which in fact others have actually pulled off and for which Koch has so rudely and so crudely taken credit unto himself alone.

Koch is an ex breakfast TV talking head with business acumen that extends to the limits of a very small family company which he’s accustomed to dominating as senior family member … but no further than that.

Off-field, Koch’s positive contribution has been solely to create a platform for something to happen - e.g. China, which he seized upon because his daughter was living in Hong Kong. He then made sure that the board of directors allowed the event to continue to happen, allowing zero dissent. That’s his style. That’s his form. His personal business contribution to anything substantial has been questionable at best. He is, after all, not a businessman of any substance. He is a talking head, one who owes his break in life to his late father.

PAFC has needed one, preferably more, directors working with Koch in the boardroom who’ve possessed the gumption and the self-confidence and the know-how to challenge him … with the best unselfish interests of the club in mind. Up to now there has been no such board member.

We now may have a chance to install such a director.

Well done for posting your support for Warren. I shall be supporting him, too.

But we need at least three of him on the board … in place of Koch clones / sucker-upperers like Cos Cardone and Jamie Restas who have been there since October 2012, who have displayed zero essential skills as they help to retain our club in a financial debt that should’ve been cleared long ago, and who have seen fit to cater to Koch’s comfort zone by preserving Hinkley and the Hinkley family despite Hinkley’s extensive lack of real success on-field.

But we don’t have to ‘acknowledge’ anything with regard to Koch, especially any mythical ‘outstanding job’ which in fact others have actually pulled off and for which Koch has so rudely and so crudely taken credit unto himself alone.

Koch is an ex breakfast TV talking head with business acumen that extends to the limits of a very small family company which he’s accustomed to dominating as senior family member … but no further than that.

Off-field, Koch’s positive contribution has been solely to create a platform for something to happen - e.g. China, which he seized upon because his daughter was living in Hong Kong. He then made sure that the board of directors allowed the event to continue to happen, allowing zero dissent. That’s his style. That’s his form. His personal business contribution to anything substantial has been questionable at best. He is, after all, not a businessman of any substance. He is a talking head, one who owes his break in life to his late father.

PAFC has needed one, preferably more, directors working with Koch in the boardroom who’ve possessed the gumption and the self-confidence and the know-how to challenge him … with the best unselfish interests of the club in mind. Up to now there has been no such board member.

But we need at least three of him on the board … in place of Koch clones / sucker-upperers like Cos Cardone and Jamie Restas who have been there since October 2012, who have displayed zero essential skills as they help to retain our club in a financial debt that should’ve been cleared long ago, and who have seen fit to cater to Koch’s comfort zone by preserving Hinkley and the Hinkley family despite Hinkley’s extensive lack of real success on-field.
Agreed LR, WGT on his Pat Malone may not be able to bring enough pressure to bear on kokhead and his puppet regime, but hopefully he will win a place on the board and can flush a few others out of their cocoon to at least keep the bastards honest and prevent what remains of the club from becoming just another Clayton's franchise, ie the franchise you have when you are not having a franchise!

My apology in advance for the use of 70's and 80's advertising campaign slogans, but I believe they fit the narrative!

Most franchises at least churn over coaches and remove staff who show a loser mentality.

The incumbents at the club have just turned us into a poor imitation of the traditional Port Adelaide. It's like Koch studied everything that made Port Adelaide great historically, and then decided to do the complete opposite.

Pity D Cahill didn’t hang about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back