Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch afl ceo , sums up this league to a tee
AFL chair is very different to AFL CEO.

The CEO and executive has the real power, thanks to Demetriou convincing Ron Evans to give him and his team more power back in the early '00's.

The AFL's AGM usually happens a few days before the first game. I wonder if it was held in Sydney today, given all the Prezs and CEOs are there???

If so, Goyder could announce his retirement soon.

So what the job actually involve?
An oversight role, governance and making sure the AFL executives deliver on the strategy the board ticks off, which probably is heavily influenced by executives anyway.

Ask yourself, since 2007 when Ron Evand died, how much did you hear about Mike Fitzpatrick ( approx 10 years) and Richard Goyer ( approx 7 years)?

An oversight role, governance and making sure the AFL executives deliver on the strategy the board ticks off, which probably is heavily influenced by executives anyway.

Ask yourself, since 2007 when Ron Evand died, how much did you hear about Mike Fitzpatrick ( approx 10 years) and Richard Goyer ( approx 7 years)?

Money for doing little, kochies best qualification 😆

If you're saying this could lead to 17 years of not hearing about David Koch....them I'm in.

thumbs-thumbs-up-kid.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just be careful what you wish for given Cos Cardone no doubt has his eyes on the chairman seat.

Which makes Tredrea’s election even more important.

When does Cardone’s term end? Koch will want to reappoint him. We need to be ready.

As much as I would like to see kokhead leave Alberton never to return I suspect that regardless of whether the chairman's role at the AFL is a figurehead position only his chances of getting the gig would be absolutely zero.

Last edited:
just realised Cos Cardone (or whoever the AFL put here next) will do even worse s**t. probably get rid of black and white in our colors and definitely kill the Magpies branding off.

Has trouble running a small business...

'Worst year that we've ever had': David Koch on family business struggles​

TV legend and self-confessed "finance nerd" David Koch has described how he had to step in personally to save his family business from going to the wall.

Koch said he and his wife Libby had to access their superannuation fund late last year or there was every possibility their business would close.

Speaking on the podcast Neil Mitchell Asks Why, Koch said he would have been financially better off over his life to concentrate on his media work and not run the small business.

"I'm like every small business owner," he said.

"2023 for me and my family business was the worst year that we've ever had.

"At the end of October, I had to put a lot of money into the business to keep it going.

"The end of 2023, I was thinking, 'God, we can't go for another year like this.'

"I was really concerned how we would get through the summer.

"Thankfully we had the best December and January we've had in the 20 years of the business, and it saved the business.

"It is really sobering. I often think to myself, 'Why do I invest in these small businesses? I should have just invested in property.'

"But I love small business. I love being involved in it. It's one of the great joys of my life."

When asked if he came close to going to the wall, Koch replied: "Yeah, absolutely."

"I had to put money into it. You can withdraw within a limit at my age out of the superfund, which I put in it.

"It kept the team together and kept us going."

FROM

TV legend and self-confessed "finance nerd" David Koch has described how he had to step in personally to save his family business from going to the wall.

Koch said he and his wife Libby had to access their superannuation fund late last year or there was every possibility their business would close.

Speaking on the podcast Neil Mitchell Asks Why, Koch said he would have been financially better off over his life to concentrate on his media work and not run the small business.

"At the end of October, I had to put a lot of money into the business to keep it going.

"The end of 2023, I was thinking, 'God, we can't go for another year like this.'
Has he tried changing nothing for the next thirteen years and hoping for the best?

"I was really concerned how we would get through the summer.

"Thankfully we had the best December and January we've had in the 20 years of the business, and it saved the business.

"It is really sobering. I often think to myself, 'Why do I invest in these small businesses? I should have just invested in property.'

"But I love small business. I love being involved in it. It's one of the great joys of my life."

When asked if he came close to going to the wall, Koch replied: "Yeah, absolutely."

"I had to put money into it. You can withdraw within a limit at my age out of the superfund, which I put in it.

"It kept the team together and kept us going."

FROM
He should ask Hinkley for some tips on how to generate a long-term lucrative income stream that's not subject to performance risk.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back