News Koch blocks Tredders push for the board

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought it's less about Timmy protecting his job at 5AA on radio and more about the awkwardness of being too critical when he's expected to make comments on the big screen on gameday.

Dipping his toe in the water before a more substantial gig next year? Hope so

Don't count on it. This role is an extremely part time capacity (one training session per week at the most), can't see him getting into coaching full time.

Don't count on it. This role is an extremely part time capacity (one training session per week at the most), can't see him getting into coaching full time.
I would take him 1 day a week at Alberton to help our forwards.

Hinkley is like the Christian god.
Season 3 Episode 24 GIF by Martin

I mean I don't think you need an inside line on this one - pretty sure I've heard players and coaches say this openly many times.

Why is bringing the ball to ground so popular? Because its easier. It doesn't challenge people. It gets goals sometimes from the smalls and its enough to beat the poor teams and finish mid-table.
Missed marks also put the ball on the ground.

I don’t get it.

I don’t get it.
Yes but you prevent an intercept mark.

By creating movement and separation, if things don't go right you will get intercepted and rebounded. Its high risk if you make a mistake.

If you stand in one spot and wrestle with the guy who would be intercepting, you are much more likely to get the ball to ground.

Its a strategy that's easier and more consistent to achieve, without having to risk as much, but it will never be enough to beat top sides. Its pretty much a perfect representation of Port's overall strategy on every level for the last decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Warren's found a way to kill time before the next board election. Quite the Port connection at North Adelaide.

This is infuriating that we didn't get him into the club at some capacity, but also isn't the worst thing that he's getting some experience. Hope he comes in once Ken *s off.

Yes but you prevent an intercept mark.

By creating movement and separation, if things don't go right you will get intercepted and rebounded. Its high risk if you make a mistake.

If you stand in one spot and wrestle with the guy who would be intercepting, you are much more likely to get the ball to ground.

Its a strategy that's easier and more consistent to achieve, without having to risk as much, but it will never be enough to beat top sides. Its pretty much a perfect representation of Port's overall strategy on every level for the last decade.
Ideally during a game you can move between Higher Risk, Higher Reward tactics and Lower Risk, Lower Reward tactics depending on the flow of the game and matchups etc. That, however, would require an apparently unachievable level of communication and preparation with the players throughout the course of a game, let alone throughout the course of a year. Remember, this is the same system that had us kicking to Charlie Dixon's ghost for the first 4 or 5 rounds of footy.

I don’t get it.

We got absolutely slaughtered in 2015 and 2016 trying to play our slingshot style from 2013/14 against teams that would keep 2 loose defenders back at all times, and we gave up an eye watering amount of intercept marks.

Ken Hinkley's mindset has never recovered. Our entire gameplan is based around not conceding intercept marks because we're worried it'll kill us. We also base our defensive gameplan around intercept marks, but our #1 gameplan priority is not conceding intercept marks.

So we've got a situation where for most of the last 5 years, every forward entry has been made with that philosophy at the forefront. Kick high, and kick to Dixon. He'll have time to get into a position where he can ensure the ball doesn't get intercept marked. What happens apart from that isn't our concern and we have no plan for it, if we can't manufacture a goal through individual brilliance, we'll just try again next time we get the ball.

Tredders is good mates with Surj. He went to the B&F in December, because Surj got his life membership.

Surj and Carr are very, very close. If Carr gets the gig after Hinkley, expect Surj back at the club in a line role not a development role like he had at both the Power and Magpies for a few years. If that happens, then expect them both to get Tredders involved - probably a part time role just like he is going to do at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back