News Koch blocks Tredders push for the board

Remove this Banner Ad

Macron has been rubbish, but the photos everyone is freaking out about are players wearing retail guernseys. The PI guernseys will not be that baggy.

It was actually a bigger utensil-up when Macron released a bunch of retail guernseys (the coral training guernsey from 2021, for instance) in PI proportions.
Uh well that makes sense, Thank God

Come on mate . It’s not that bad . I love the club like I love my family which results in me giving them some wriggle room without ostracising them if they make a few slip ups .
There are some good points .
We do have a competitive team , probably best if we had a new coach this year but will probably be next plus if things go our way we can still be a chance This year .
Yes Koch is a knob but at least the finances are on track . Like it or not that is important . How about Jeff Kennett or Eddie McGuire , they all get hounded out if they’re on the nose
We’re pretty much level with the Crows now whereas we were the poor relation when we first came in .
We’ve still done better than Gold Coast , Freo and GWS who were either side of us coming in .
Our list management has been good and we’re on track to have a good team for a while to come .
As much as community programs and political correctness seem banal they do help in attracting sponsorship and hipster types that mightn’t follow anyone normally .
It’s different now , I don’t know if we’d ever get back to a full meat and potatoes football club but not many of the others will either .
Another thing new is the amount of vitriol spewing toward the club from its own people via social media .
My first year as a Port barracker was 1966 , we then went on a prem drought until 1977 , we just kept working until we got back where we belonged .
Yeah, It’s usually just phases for me, once Port hits the field I start caring for them again. That seems like some tough times in the 60’s and 70’s but I bet that the club at least had people who were actually giving their all and striving to break the drought, People who really cared about the club and being successful on the field, Can’t really say the same about most of people running the club now

Funny thing is, in that segment of around 20 minutes that was Warren's entire comment on the board position. He was all about on-field failings. Some very good observations that most here would share.

Funny thing is, in that segment of around 20 minutes that was Warren's entire comment on the board position. He was all about on-field failings. Some very good observations that most here would share.
It was comment enough for this stage of proceedings.

More to come, doubtless.

Happy he's back on air. Thought he was turfed due to his vax stance. Nice to hear someone with lips not stuck to Hinkley's **se.

There could be a silver lining to his being blocked from the board. Hopefully it loosens those lips to tee off on the club more regularly.

The 1966-77 drought was bad for Port supporters, as we were used to either winning flags for multiple seasons or the miss one year and win the next scenario, BUT we still played in grand finals in 66, 67 ( in which we could have got the chocolates if Eric Freeman wasn't suspended ), 68, 71, 72 and 76, and from memory we only missed the finals once for something like 18 consecutive seasons, (1969) and then we went on another long run of finals appearances resulting in flags in 77, 79, 80 and 81.

Different comp and times of course, but bearing in mind any non premiership season was ultimately seen as a failure by the PAFC in those days and there is no comparison between the club of that era, and the limp wristed entity it has unfortunately become under the Koch administration.

Last edited:
The 1966-77 drought was bad for Port supporters, as we were used to either winning flags for multiple seasons or the miss one year and win the next scenario, BUT we still played in grand finals in 66, 67 ( in which we could have got the chocolates if Eric Freeman wasn't suspended ), 68, 71, 72 and 76, and from memory we only missed the finals once for something like 18 consecutive seasons, (1969) and then we went on another long run of finals appearances resulting in flags in 77, 79, 80 and 81.

Different comp and times of course, but bearing in mind any non premiership season was ultimately seen as a failure by the PAFC in those days there is no comparison between the club of that era, and the limp wristed entity it has unfortunately become under the Koch administration.

And when we lost the 1976 grand final we didn't pretend it didn't happen. We acknowledged and owned the loss and made significant personnel and positional changes to make sure it wouldn't happen again, then won the flag the next year (and quite a few times after).

Brings up Dixon... Tredders: "Dixon for me has got to be in ruck." Spot on. Gets it.

Forwards need to much the ball and get rid of the one arm crap. Lead up take marks kick goals. Spot on. Gets it.

So easily to see how out of step he is with the rest of the club every time he speaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when we lost the 1976 grand final we didn't pretend it didn't happen. We acknowledged and owned the loss and made significant personnel and positional changes to make sure it wouldn't happen again, then won the flag the next year (and quite a few times after).
Jack apologised to us Sunday morning and took full responsibility for the loss. Far cry from Stinkley whom has been a victim of circumstances conspiring against him for 10, now 11 years.

Brings up Dixon... Tredders: "Dixon for me has got to be in ruck." Spot on. Gets it.

Forwards need to much the ball and get rid of the one arm crap. Lead up take marks kick goals. Spot on. Gets it.

So easily to see how out of step he is with the rest of the club every time he speaks.

I did hear from someone who knows one of the coaches well the 'Dixon one arm crap' is a directive to bring the ball to ground - end of story.

Nothing changes until Ken is gone - that's a fact.

Just had a listen, I like the fact he is about and happy to share his views, along with Timmy I think there will be some more honest comments about this year from ex players which would matter most to the likes of the facebook crowd - who have already made noise.

I like how simplified he makes it.

I did hear from someone who knows one of the coaches well the 'Dixon one arm crap' is a directive to bring the ball to ground - end of story.

Nothing changes until Ken is gone - that's a fact.
I mean I don't think you need an inside line on this one - pretty sure I've heard players and coaches say this openly many times.

Why is bringing the ball to ground so popular? Because its easier. It doesn't challenge people. It gets goals sometimes from the smalls and its enough to beat the poor teams and finish mid-table.

Jack apologised to us Sunday morning and took full responsibility for the loss. Far cry from Stinkley whom has been a victim of circumstances conspiring against him for 10, now 11 years.
Hinkley is like the Christian god. Everything good that happens at the club is because of him, everything bad that happens is beyond his control.

UNBELIEVABLY CONNECTED™
We've successfully, and very convincingly failed to achieve every single target and measure of that report. I like how all of them are still employed and just keep keeping on without mentioning it ever again.

I mean I don't think you need an inside line on this one - pretty sure I've heard players and coaches say this openly many times.

Why is bringing the ball to ground so popular? Because its easier. It doesn't challenge people. It gets goals sometimes from the smalls and its enough to beat the poor teams and finish mid-table.

I think the idea is it's easy to drop mark and see the ball head straight back out of defense after it spills that it's better to bring it to ground. I mean we did it with kicking to Sam Gray in the pocket and spilling it over the boundary for a throw in didn't we?

They seem more obsessed with what 'could happen' and dealing with that, it's a negative way of looking at things isn't it?

From the coaches that brought you ‘Sam Mayes named at FF in a Showdown featuring an opposition defence containing Billy Frampton and other randoms’

From the coaches that brought you ‘Sam Mayes named at FF in a Showdown featuring an opposition defence containing Billy Frampton and other randoms’

Not to forget Sam Mayes named on Stephen May.

I dont really know why Sam Mayes was named at all at any stage, really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back