Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think he's checked out, I think he believes he's doing enough to keep the job as long as he wants. It isn't that he has stopped trying, it's that he's stopped trying to be better. And any criticism to his performance isn't met with modest reflection, but outrage and indignation.

Also, he's assembled a coterie of junior staffers who think he's the ducks guts for reasons unknown.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
With Stewart joining coaching staff, he's assembled a coterie of people whose careers he's prolonged. Kenny is definitely the Godfather.

Universal reminder that the past eight premiers came here during that year and won, and often cite the experience as providing the inner-belief and confidence that they could go all the way:

View attachment 1827161

Serious question — is the club and its key figures even aware of metrics and factoids like this?

It’s frightening how often they say things that are instantly refutable.
"I look at the data" - David Koch, September 2023.

Koch may look at the data but he has no idea what to infer from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I look at the data" - David Koch, September 2023.

Koch may look at the data but he has no idea what to infer from it.

What about the data that says coaches that have been there 11 years and haven't even made a grand final can't win premierships?

I like how we're not even pretending the flag is a goal now.

there was a bit where he fawns over over the table of "the playing group", like he's Cinderella's mother staring at her daughter in her wedding gown, he's like "i just caught the eye of one.......... jeremy.......... :) ".

he said at one point "there's no more important moment as a Port Adelaide player than that minute of Never Tear Us Apart" and went on about NTUA for a couple of minutes. it is weird to hone in on that and obviously weird to call it the most important moment playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back