Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep thinking of the comments from him and the players.

I have the players back and they have mine.

Don't mind the player driven if they had achieved anything....ever.

Port put on the big boy pants make the change they need. Even if it costs some big names and short term pain it will give long term gain.

From wiki

Geelong playing 89-95
Geelong coaching 2004-2009

Port 2013.....

Hmmmm

When in the passing of time it does finally end who do we think he will see himself as.

A Port man that looks at Geelong fondly?.

Don't worry I know the answer.

I make the statement thinking of the number of players that have started at other clubs and now see themselves as "Port" people.

But Kenny will say they didn't accept me they don't like outsiders.

Yes we do. Fos, Bob.l, even KT. What we don't accept is mediocrity and lack of respect.

Twelve years used to be the longest between flags. He is going to do that himself in a canter.

Can't believe that the club is going to piss on true long term supporters and people who care and generate money like this.

Is there anyway chief or the admins can change the Port Board name to the Ken Hinkley Football Club when the announcement is made as that is what I will be referring to it as.

I am honestly not sure after he is reappointed and it turns out as expected and as it will that I can even visit the club, go to an AGM or similar or a Maggie's game. Am not sure that I could hold my tongue.

Saddest thing is for this club to be successful the actions to realign the club suggested by the white noise will need to happen.

Their choice if it is in two five or ten years or never (but then change the name and stop stealing the history you neither care about or deserve).

I’m sorry but if we get stuck with Ken for another 2+ years and lose carr I’m done with this footy club

I keep hearing "if this and that happens ... I'm DONE with the club'. What does that mean? You'll stop following Port forever, divorce yourself from the club, etc?

I just don't understand that. Maybe it's an age gap thing, I dunno. But no matter how s**t the club gets, and no matter what happens, I'm wedded to it until death. It's deep in my blood.

The sad part is, a large number of our 'supporters' have only ever known a Port Adelaide with Ken Hinkley. These are the 'supporters' the club is catering to, whilst blocking out the die hard fans (white noise).

This club is so far up its own ass, and has been for a while. No surprises when the president is another bald buffoon who lives in his own fantasy land.

Sorry to intrude again, but do you folks getting sick and tired of 'insincere' opposition supporters saying PAFC must/should re-sign Ken cause he is a great guy, for stability in your finals campaign and you should be more grateful for several failed finals appearances (not even making it to a GF, despite having a top 2 list on paper on at least 4 or 5 occasions by my counting, could be more in fact)

David Koch is not a true football fan, by extension, a Port Adelaide fan. If he was, he would have sacked Kochie several years ago.

You (The Alberton Faithful) shouldn't have to put up with year after year of bitter disappointment of not seriously challenging for a flag (despite clearly having the cattle) nor being accused by opposition flogs of being ungrateful for wanting a coach who can ultimately deliver what you fans and club deserve (a flag)

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks, talented young guns like Butters and JH-F have been suffering burn out cause Ken is a stubborn old road who is pushing them toi hard and not even giving them a spell in the forward pocket for any lengthy period of time.

It doesn't take an Einstein to see that is negligent man/player management.

You guys are absolutely 💯 right in wanting the chrome dome coke zero guzzling galoot out as senior coach.

He has been there more than 10 years. You shouldn't be forced to settle for mediocrity/constant under-achiving (unlike most neutral supporters on Big Footy seem to believe)

Anyhow best of luck for the rest of the season and in finals (except if you play Carlton) :)

The sad part is, a large number of our 'supporters' have only ever known a Port Adelaide with Ken Hinkley. These are the 'supporters' the club is catering to, whilst blocking out the die hard fans (white noise).

This club is so far up its own ass, and has been for a while. No surprises when the president is another bald buffoon who lives in his own fantasy land.
Many 'die hards' have been succesfully brainwashed.

I don't really care if Crows fans are employed at the club so long as they are the best or most appropriate people assigned to their jobs

If you're a member, email the club and ask to be taken off of autorenew. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

If you're no longer a member, email the club and tell then how long you've been a member of the club for, but that you've ended your membership because of the continued employment of Hinkley. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

Do this as soon as you can. Do it today, ideally. Make the club aware of how much money they're going to lose by making this decision. If you wait until after they announce the decision, it'll be too late.
Done.

I don't really care if Crows fans are employed at the club so long as they are the best or most appropriate people assigned to their jobs
I get that, but would you be showing up to work with the same passion / goals in mind for the club? I guess most Crows people don't care as much as we do...

If you're a member, email the club and ask to be taken off of autorenew. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

If you're no longer a member, email the club and tell then how long you've been a member of the club for, but that you've ended your membership because of the continued employment of Hinkley. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

Do this as soon as you can. Do it today, ideally. Make the club aware of how much money they're going to lose by making this decision. If you wait until after they announce the decision, it'll be too late.

Good call

Just emailed the following to membership and customer support

Hi,

Last year I cancelled 2 x long standing memberships with PAFC due to a deep dissatisfaction with the club and the direction and decisions being made
You can read emails relating to this below

As we have entered August, the so-called month where the decision on Ken Hinkley’s future will be decided, I felt it would be a good time to comment again

I stand ready to re-instate my membership in full and resume my support for the club I love when, and only when, the following happens

• Ken Hinkley is sacked / retired / not extended in any shape or form, or
  • A succession plan with Josh Carr (or another suitable coach) named as Head Coach in a plan of no longer than one year, or
  • PAFC win the 2023 Premiership
Re-appointing Ken in any other circumstance would see me continue my disengagement

Please feel free to distribute this email to relevant staff or managers as you see fit

Regards

i didn't realise davies was just a SANFL/cricket stooge. is there even one port adelaide person involved at the club?
They don't WANT Port Adelaide people at the club - if they did, they'd welcome our sole AFL premiership captain back with open arms. It's obvious he'll only get a position on the board if he falls into line, and stops saying nasty words like "untenable".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude again, but do you folks getting sick and tired of 'insincere' opposition supporters saying PAFC must/should re-sign Ken cause he is a great guy, for stability in your finals campaign and you should be more grateful for several failed finals appearances (not even making it to a GF, despite having a top 2 list on paper on at least 4 or 5 occasions by my counting, could be more in fact)

David Koch is not a true football fan, by extension, a Port Adelaide fan. If he was, he would have sacked Kochie several years ago.

You (The Alberton Faithful) shouldn't have to put up with year after year of bitter disappointment of not seriously challenging for a flag (despite clearly having the cattle) nor being accused by opposition flogs of being ungrateful for wanting a coach who can ultimately deliver what you fans and club deserve (a flag)

I have noticed in the last couple of weeks, talented young guns like Butters and JH-F have been suffering burn out cause Ken is a stubborn old road who is pushing them toi hard and not even giving them a spell in the forward pocket for any lengthy period of time.

You guys are absolutely 💯 right in wanting the chrome dome coke zero guzzling galoot out as senior coach.

He has been there more than 10 years. You shouldn't be forced to settle for mediocrity/constant under-achiving (unlike most neutral supporters on Big Footy seem to believe)

Anyhow best of luck for the rest of the season and in finals (except if you play Carlton) :)
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Good call

Just emailed the following to membership and customer support

Hi,

Last year I cancelled 2 x long standing memberships with PAFC due to a deep dissatisfaction with the club and the direction and decisions being made
You can read emails relating to this below

As we have entered August, the so-called month where the decision on Ken Hinkley’s future will be decided, I felt it would be a good time to comment again

I stand ready to re-instate my membership in full and resume my support for the club I love when, and only when, the following happens

• Ken Hinkley is sacked / retired / not extended in any shape or form, or
  • A succession plan with Josh Carr (or another suitable coach) named as Head Coach in a plan of no longer than one year, or
Re-appointing Ken in any other circumstance would see me continue my disengagement

Please feel free to distribute this email to relevant staff or managers as you see fit

Regards
You probably should have stopped at point 1 and not included:

Koch set to be on Channel 7 tonight during the news to discuss Hinkley. Just like he did in 2022.

Completely tone deaf.
Oh boy I cannot wait not to watch this.

If you keep intruding like that, please feel free to intrude again!!!

Koch set to be on Channel 7 tonight during the news to discuss Hinkley. Just like he did in 2022.

Completely tone deaf.
Well it definitely won't be to say he won't be there next year

I ******* hate this campaigner and how he has made me feel towards my club.

Get ****ed you stubborn arrogant clueless half witted brainless utensil head.

Too many early mornings has obviously ****ed his brain

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back