Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumoured 2 year contract extension for Dixon is why I think Hinkleys next contract is 2 years. Hinkley, Davies, Dixon are in it together for one last cash grab before GTFO.

We usually give older players 1 year deals. Nothing about his form or injury history warrants 2 years, and by the end of it he'll be our second oldest player ever after Boak.
One year contracts were good enough for an out and out champion in Robbie Gray. The 'idea' of Charlie Dixon is great. Unfortunately he's not a reliable set shot, has concrete hands, not great on the lead, can't see at night and is hardly ever on the park or fully fit. He brings the ball to ground well though.

If you're a member, email the club and ask to be taken off of autorenew. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

If you're no longer a member, email the club and tell then how long you've been a member of the club for, but that you've ended your membership because of the continued employment of Hinkley. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

Do this as soon as you can. Do it today, ideally. Make the club aware of how much money they're going to lose by making this decision. If you wait until after they announce the decision, it'll be too late.
Already done.

So we start of with a Hinkley game plan, we look on track for another failed season, find out they were expecting to lose 2 of the first three.

Tredrea calls Hinkley “untenable”, they kick Hinkley out of the coaches box, give Josh Carr control and we look like red hot premiership contenders.

They then decide, to go back to Hinkley having more control. After doing so, look flakey as alway under Hinkley and lose 3 games in a row.

How does that lead to giving Hinkley an extension? To any reasonable person that screams it’s time to move Hinkley on and appoint Carr permanently.

With a few exceptions, any player that doesn’t like that can be told to go elsewhere.
Depends if you see the goal as.

1. Wins

Or

2m living your best life

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One year contracts were good enough for an out and out champion in Robbie Gray. The 'idea' of Charlie Dixon is great. Unfortunately he's not a reliable set shot, has concrete hands, not great on the lead, can't see at night and is hardly ever on the park or fully fit. He brings the ball to ground well though.
I don't think they are confident of him getting through 2024 (you could argue he didn't get through the last 2 years, either), which is why they are giving him the 2 years up front.

i didn't realise davies was just a SANFL/cricket stooge. is there even one port adelaide person involved at the club?

If you're a member, email the club and ask to be taken off of autorenew. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

If you're no longer a member, email the club and tell then how long you've been a member of the club for, but that you've ended your membership because of the continued employment of Hinkley. Tell them that if Hinkley is re-signed next year, nothing less than a 2023 premiership will have you renewing in 2024.

Do this as soon as you can. Do it today, ideally. Make the club aware of how much money they're going to lose by making this decision. If you wait until after they announce the decision, it'll be too late.

incredibly, none of these 3 links work for me, lol, same for anyone else? (using outlook - i unsub'd from my separate gmail where I also got them)

zeZAumB.png

The club doesn’t care and don’t listen
(hell one of the membership/marketing guys is a massive crows fan who has always hated Port Adelaide)

We’d be better of hitting up the board members and pressuring them directly.

Last edited:
Yeah my brother (a poster on the Crows board - poor bugger) knows him a bit. He says he's thoroughly impressed with everything about Mr Davies.
PowerLil disagreeing that I have a brother? Or that he knows Davies? Or that he's thorougly impressed?

But hey, if you know Davies personally, fair dues.

Morse?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Welton. The owner of Richmond AFC in the series. She initially appointed Ted to ensure the team (then owned by her ex-husband) crashed and burned, but kept him on when it didn't and she became the owner. Both she and Ted were smart enough to also employ real coaches who did the actual work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PowerLil disagreeing that I have a brother? Or that he knows Davies? Or that he's thorougly impressed?

But hey, if you know Davies personally, fair dues.
Apologies ClintEastwood . I'm very angry at the moment. I don't know Chris Davies. As the head of football and Hinkley's direct boss, he's culpable as Koch and Richardson for Hinkley's continued employment. I don't see him as a good operator at all.

The club doesn’t care and don’t listen
(he’ll one of the membership/marketing guys is a massive crows fan who has always hated Port Adelaide)

We’d be better of hitting up the board members and pressuring them directly.
Seriously??

I think there is a bit of jumping at shadows here because:

1. If Hinkley was reappointed at the bye Koch has lied to the club, the media, the supporters and the sponsors. If he has come forward to any of those groups and said that this has happened then we'd know about it.

2. If he has done that as far as I'm concerned Koch's position is completely untenable and the needs to be moved on because he has lied to everyone and taken it upon himself to re-sign Hinkley without waiting for the time that he himself put on record multiple times.

I don't believe he's got the guts to do it. He's got the arrogance to think he'll get away with but at the end of the day if this has happened its time for us to metaphorically burn the place down and resist.

Its the old, Do it once stupid them, do it twice stupid us, what is do it thrice?

This has got to be Stickerman x 1000
I wouldn't doubt that Koch has not been fully truthful, he wouldn't see it as lying. It's not about guts, it's about ego. Lying to the supporters would come easy for Koch as any that are unhappy with it are just white noise.

That is not the first time I have heard of Crows fans being employed by the club. A partner of a work colleague is currently employed by us and is a huge Crows fan.

Put the broom through the whole place.

We have a Norwood loving captain, Crows people involved in the club on all levels and a bald loser from Geelong and we wonder why we are in the shits.

Bring back Port people.

Apologies ClintEastwood . I'm very angry at the moment. I don't know Chris Davies. As the head of football and Hinkley's direct boss, he's culpable as Koch and Richardson for Hinkley's continued employment. I don't see him as a good operator at all.

I get it, no dramas. I dunno ... that sounds perhaps a bit simplistic. Guess everything will become a bit clearer with hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back