Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am both furious that we as our cosy AFL appointed board sit on our hands while a member elected board and their coach re held accountable and go after the best.

And at the same time excited that might be just the trigger we needed to get rid of Hinkley...

A Hinkley coached team looked pretty good right Bombers?

Wouldn't you love the sugar hit of finals 40% of the time?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez if essindon got Clarko because of the loss we gave to them, I’ll be mad.
Can’t they hold on for one year and get Hinkley next year?!

Do you reckon anyone involved in the club has actually thought through what Essendon's move today says about how they feel about losing to a Hinkley coached Port?
They are all too busy slapping each on the back today after reaching the giddying heights of 11th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If as reported on 3AW this was all in motion before our game it could be that Clarko had said no tonus in favour of Esswndon BEFORE Koch backed down and backed Hinkley in.

THIS!

Anyone thinking that moves for major changes at Essendon were not already in play before last week have no idea how politics in big organisations work.

All that was needed was a lick on the back of the stamp to send it. And yesterday's huge loss was it.

Also as has been said many times. The membership and board structure at a member owned club like Essendon makes this decisive and ruthless action in response to poor performances not just possible but likely.

PAFC is owned by the AFL. A slow moving mega-bureaucracy headquartered in Melbourne who doesn't give a toss about us.

jimmy fallon camp winnipesaukee sketch GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I find the whole thing funny as * because of the amount of 'supporters' on this board who wanted us to be flogged by Essendon on the chance that we would be forced to sack Hinkley because of it.

Haha yeah! It’s awesome going into yet another season with zero chance of winning a premiership.

You’re so smart, Janus. Good boy! Good boy!

I doubt any other club will contact kern, the only way he won't coach Port in 2023 is if his manager lines up something behind the scenes ( highly unlikely), and she who must be obeyed decides the Adelaide fish bowl is all too hard for her and hubby and it's time to move on.
If North or GWS end up with an untried coach I can see Ken getting a his as senior assistant on a 5 year deal and deciding its worth it for the security and lack of pressure.

I can also see Koch saying no.

I doubt any other club will contact kern, the only way he won't coach Port in 2023 is if his manager lines up something behind the scenes ( highly unlikely), and she who must be obeyed decides the Adelaide fish bowl is all too hard for her and hubby and it's time to move on.
Would they take a 3 year deal from North against one year here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back