Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only another 10 pages left until 'Sack Hinkley 10 - Untenable'.

I'll be sad to see this edition go.

Arguably one of the best thread titles.

Features all the reaction from the latest contract extension.

Also features the fallout from our latest and most pantomime like home final meltdown yet.

I know I am going over old ground with the Bulldogs 2021 debacle, but it still baffles me that after losing that home prelim by 12 goals the Senior Coach came out and declared " I wouldn't have changed a single thing" In relation to the game plan, preparation, tactics or anything that transpired in game. Has any other AFL Coach said such a thing after a loss like that?

I know I am going over old ground with the Bulldogs 2021 debacle, but it still baffles me that after losing that home prelim by 12 goals the Senior Coach came out and declared " I wouldn't have changed a single thing" In relation to the game plan, preparation, tactics or anything that transpired in game. Has any other AFL Coach said such a thing after a loss like that?
In the history of baffling statements from a baffling club, its definitely up there.

And the lack of scrutiny or questioning (with really anything regarding club actions behind the scenes e.g. Schofield leaving, Hayes non-selection, 2017 coaching extension etc.) has really cut my connection from both the club and the sport in general.

Almost 90,000 posts wanting to sack Dear Father. For context, the GWS board has 150k posts all time. How has it come to this?
well over 100,000 when you add the "Lost faith in.." predecessors to the current series. And then there's the infiltration by some (not me, ever, I swear :p) of any other thread where the message is even slightly relevant.

Not if he wanted to keep his job, no. Hinkley knows that Koch is joined at the hip and that if one goes, they both go. They're both now defending the indefensible.

Also features the fallout from our latest and most pantomime like home final meltdown yet.

Part 9 was only started on 2nd August -will this be the quickest to get to 10k posts? Whatever part 10 is called, in the vein of "two more years" there should be a picture at the top of the thread of days being chalked off a prison cell wall.

Also fell out spectacularly with Tredrea amidst a frosty in-studio 5AA interview, and rang Kane Cornes to take umbrage at his criticisms as well.

Like, seriously?

You just got absolutely f#%king smoked despite having everything in your favour.

Why is this accountability-averse klutz the hill people want to die on?

Also fell out spectacularly with Tredrea amidst a frosty in-studio 5AA interview, and rang Kane Cornes to take umbrage at his criticisms as well.

Like, seriously?

You just got absolutely f#%king smoked despite having everything in your favour.

It is amazing isn't it. Ken is then hidden away all pre-season, then declares we are in the Premiership mix in 2022 at the AGM that members were not allowed to attend. We don't even make finals. End of the season the media tell us how well Ken did to "Bounce back from a 0-5 start to finish the year strongly" Despite also losing another four straight games rounds 18 to 21.

I really feel like I am living in some kind of twilight zone.

Maybe we can sell each edition on USB at club functions, or even better we can turn them into audio files and create an app where you can download the editions, like audio book. I like to thrive lol.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like, seriously?

Even if for some god forsaken reason people believe he's a good coach on the cusp of delivering a premiership, the way he has handled criticism of his results and attempted to deal with the media in private, is as unprecedented as his record. Someone would have to be a real nuffie (which they are) to be unaware of that.

Seeing half of Kenophiles seem to be the old 'school of hard knocks' types (the others being theatre going millennials and under), I wonder how they would defend his incredible sensitivity that seems at odds with the values taught at the university of life?

This club has played the modern attitudes of branding any form of accountability and reflection as 'hating' as good as anyone/anything.

Shake It Off Taylor Swift GIF

Would the "wouldn't change a thing" include the pre game arrogance? I'm convinced that many people in the club thought we were already in the grand final, and simply had to go through the motions against the Dogs.

Would the "wouldn't change a thing" include the pre game arrogance? I'm convinced that many people in the club thought we were already in the grand final, and simply had to go through the motions against the Dogs.

The players certainly seemed to enjoy themselves after the Qualifying Final win against Geelong.

The players certainly seemed to enjoy themselves after the Qualifying Final win against Geelong.
By the time they switched on mentally, the game was already over as a contest. Surely that's squarely on the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back