Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
season 14 episode 3 GIF

Geelong by 6 goals

Rohan to kick 5

We've gone from 2.40 to 2.70 in the last day, which is probably about right. To win we need to make the most of every F50 entry, which just isn't our thing. Rioli back helps, but for mine we just leak too many easy opportunities.

Cats by 30 in a higher scoring game than we are used to.

Geelong’s midfield is terrible, the only way we win this game is if we beat them so badly there that it makes up for our lack of defence and forward line.

In saying that though, having a third game ruckman panning it down to our mids doesn’t help our causes at all.

We'll probably make that Atkins guy look like a superstar of the game this week

Geelong are a very well coached team.

Our backline looks like it did a few years ago. Jonas and McKenzie are slow on the lead. Byrne-Jones might go back there and play unaccountable football. We might be a leaky boat of goals unless the midfield kills it.

If the Cats get a decent to good run on, I think the usual players will drop their head and fall over.

A very tough ask but you gotta be in it to win it.

We have to win this one because I think the Giants next week are going to hard to beat even at home.

It feels so bizarre right now to think that this season is still going, and somehow we are still 2nd on the ladder.

We are likely to end up 4th/5th if we get one or two more wins.

Going to be hard road to finals either way we look at it.

We need to snag 3 out of the last 4 to hold second.

I can see us finishing 4th then playing Collingwood week one.

Then if we keep winning a prelim at the Gabba…..

Even if we finish 5th I can still see us at the Gabba.

Giving up 2nd will be the end of us.

Falling short again under Ken…..

Port usually pulls one win out of its arse when it's unexpected. I don't think we have done it this season.

It's the only thing I have on our favor.

Otherwise, Geelong by plenty.

Rozee/Butters/JHF

We have the 3 best players on the ground.

Lord has shown plenty everytime he's come in for Dixon.

Dante matches up pretty well against Stanley expect him to actually win this fight.

Port by 30 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Cats lose this, they'll more than likely be 2 games outside the 8, with 3 to play. So they're going to hit us with everything - including the kitchen sink. If we can absorb that pressure and come away with the 4 points at our bogey ground, it'll be one of our all time great wins.

Our backline has been iffy since the season started but has held up pretty good.
Unfortunately the injuries and form drop have hit at the worst time.
Up forward we really need Marshall to get back to his early season form, when he plays good we play good.
I just can’t see it happening tonight but they have been struggling also so you never know.

If the Cats lose this, they'll more than likely be 2 games outside the 8, with 3 to play. So they're going to hit us with everything - including the kitchen sink. If we can absorb that pressure and come away with the 4 points at our bogey ground, it'll be one of our all time great wins.

Absolutely.

Need to hold 3 from 4 to keep second

It’s curtains if we end up 4th or 5th.

Have a stack of ps4 games stockpiled that I bought on the cheap recently and haven't started playing.
I think tonight I'll play Days Gone.
Think I’ll be firing up the PS5 as well. Seen a few people strangely optimistic about this match, which I don’t quite understand. I think we’ll get done by 6-8 goals.

Personnel wise it’s only Dixon missing up forward so kicking a score shouldn’t be the issue in theory.

Defending on the other hand we look as weak as we have all year with Aliir and Jones out, McKenzie playing on one ankle and Jonas back in. Fortunately Hawkins isn’t there but still the matchups look bad.

Bergman likely to go to Cameron after that worked earlier in the year. I don’t see a natural matchup for McKenzie or Jonas.

We’d have to win contested and clearances by a fair bit to get good clean entries and score efficiently to stop their rebound exposing our backs.

I can’t see it happening - Cats by 42pts.

It could get ugly as they insert a pineapple up our proverbial on Live TV. No doubt, we will allow another B Grade schmuck to have a career best performance, followed by Ken’s routine “It’s a tough competition” speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back