Rumour Ken Hinkley Cooking up a Master Plan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don't be fooled by our laconic hitouts in the internal trial and the practice match last week. I've got a rumour from an inside source at the club that Ken Hinkley has developed an unbeatable game plan over the off season behind closed doors which would potentially revolutionize the competition that he is keeping locked away until round one as an ambush attack.

My sources close to the club have indicated that Hinkley has been working tirelessly to create a strategy that is unbeatable, with a focus on "working harder."

I've sent an email personally to Ken to confirm, but he understandably refused to give too much away. He did suggest however that hard work was indeed a key component of his new game plan.

Ken Hinkley said:
"We're always looking for ways to improve and evolve as a team,"
"And yeah, I think working harder is definitely going to be a big factor for us this year."

While he was tight-lipped about the specifics of his new game plan, my sources have suggested that it could involve a greater emphasis on fitness and conditioning, as well as a renewed focus on the fundamentals of the game.

One of my sources, who spoke to me on the condition of anonymity, suggested that Hinkley had been studying the strategies of some of the most successful teams in the league, and was determined to take Port Adelaide to the next level.
source said:
"Ken's been watching a lot of footage and analysing the way other teams play,"
"He's got a really innovative approach to the game, and I think it's going to surprise a lot of people."
Another source close to the Port Adelaide coaching staff suggested that Hinkley's new game plan was so revolutionary that it had the potential to change the way the game is played altogether.
My other source said:
"Ken's always been a bit of a maverick when it comes to coaching,"
"And I think this new approach is really going to shake things up. It's going to be exciting to see how it plays out on the field."
While Hinkley's new game plan remains shrouded in mystery, there is no doubt that expectations are high for Port Adelaide this season. After a disappointing end to the last 10 seasons in the helm, the pressure is well and truly on the veteran coach to produce a premiership this season. And with this revolutionary new game plan, hopes are high around Alberton that this just might be the year the drought is broken.

What do we think Ken has cooked up? Personally, I'd like to see a greater emphasis on our forward momentum thrust drives, utilising the outside speed of Burgoyne and the penetration of Farell from the half back line to hit up Duursma and Mountainman on the wings.

I'd then be instructing them to scan up ahead and look for any potential block-hole leakages in the opposition defensive set-up and pump the ball in to those dangerous areas for scoring opportunities. Don't be afraid to bomb it on to the head of Charlie up forward, he's a big boy and he'll ideally bring the ball to ground at the very least and allow us to reset for an offensive play.

Make use of the wide spaces, get it long down the boundaries and in to the pockets where our chances are maximised for a play reset and allow us to regroup in to an offensive strategic formation, in which Jonas and Aliir will get in to position to intercept the defensive rebounds and allow them to pump it long down the wing to the forward pocket.

This will give us the opportunity to zone off in the forward line and set us up for a potential shot on goal from the boundary. That's when we can utilise the dead-eye kicking of Georgiades to nail us a point and let us set-up defensively for the kickout, effectively containing the ball in our forward line and allow us another opportunity to lock it in there deep and push it out to the boundary for a reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back