Strategy Why we got Hopper and Taranto?-my opinion from outside the loop

Remove this Banner Ad

Speed has been the weapon of choice on the MCG for a while now. Just have to watch the 2019 Final series, offensive and defensive speed tore teams to shreds.

But now clearances are killing teams by a thousand cuts and controlling the game and getting advantages from stoppage situations is giving teams one on ones up forward thanks to the 6-6-6 rule. This is why we’re seeing key forwards making such big impact on games.

Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto were in the midfield making centre clearances and i saw one of the clearances and the clearance looked at me
And what did it say?
mother GIF

Not much love for Prestia magic.

He was the only guy keeping us in it for most of the year.

Dusty and Cochin will be rotating through the midfield but not carrying the whole load. Its kind of obvious why we drafted the new guys. Weakness immediately becomes strength and we should finish top 4 next year.

The question should be what our plan is for key forwards, though its kind of answering itself.

I am fully convinced Magic is a genius pisstake account. Whoever it is they've engaged in the longest running troll in BF history and sucked us all in.
The fact that the posts are so artless and lack the pointed attacks that most trolls have makes me doubt if it is a troll account or not. I guess this makes it the ultimate troll because in my eyes Magic is either;
1. A deranged lunatic who can't be allowed near sharp objects; or
2. The most intelligent troll ever

I must be missing something.

A thread stating, we needed Tarranto & Hopper to fill a big weakness we had in our list for many years but at the expense of picking up a young KPF?

Is that what you mean?

Cheers Magic.

Last edited:
So the club identified a weakness and hence did the leg work to bring both Taranto and Hopper across, and by getting them both they indicate to us they believe our premiership window is still open.

But apart from the leg work, identification etc. the recruitment of these two quality players could have a future benefit, when some good key forward becomes available he may consider coming across to the Tigers because we got Taranto and Hopper now.

The only thing that could screw this up is if besides JR and Lynch both not going so strong in 5 years, and Bauer or Gibcus not working up forward, that Taranto and Hopper are not going strong in 5 years time either, and we are not contending?

Mr Magic please don’t ever discover the other much better more exclusive forum most of us are on where intelligent football discussions take place amongst sane people. 🤣
Mr. Magic is thinker, not a stinker, and the "better more exclusive forum" you speak of is unfortunately where you will find the stinkers. The thinkers are here!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr. Magic is thinker, not a stinker, and the "better more exclusive forum" you speak of is unfortunately where you will find the stinkers. The thinkers are here!This must be the alte
Mr. Magic is thinker, not a stinker, and the "better more exclusive forum" you speak of is unfortunately where you will find the stinkers. The thinkers are here!
Is this your other logon Magic?

wait when did we got hopper and taranto?

Hopper has been actually playing for us since 2017. He was solely responsible for giving away a free kick to Cotchin in the 2017 prelim that resulted in Lambert kicking our first goal within 20 seconds.

So Hopper is the reason for our glory years.

The fact that the posts are so artless and lack the pointed attacks that most trolls have makes me doubt if it is a troll account or not. I guess this makes it the ultimate troll because in my eyes Magic is either;
1. A deranged lunatic who can't be allowed near sharp objects; or
2. The most intelligent troll ever
There is genius at play here. Maybe it's in the confounding misuse of words and phrases. As though he runs his posts through a thesaurus and replaces words at random with synonymous but not quite contextually accurate words that make reading his work like deciphering a really lazy code. Or, his posts that seem to go on forever and lead nowhere at the same time. Or, the suggestion and then stone-faced defense of the most ridiculously wild ideas that no one with a shred of self-awareness would put forth into a public realm. Bundle this with fleeting moments of lucidity where you're convinced there is a rational mind behind the madness. It all points to the work of a troll of rare and prodigious talent.

Personally, I always thought that Liam McBean had a wonderful pair of calf muscles. Slender but strong.

There is genius at play here. Maybe it's in the confounding misuse of words and phrases. As though he runs his posts through a thesaurus and replaces words at random with synonymous but not quite contextually accurate words that make reading his work like deciphering a really lazy code. Or, his posts that seem to go on forever and lead nowhere at the same time. Or, the suggestion and then stone-faced defense of the most ridiculously wild ideas that no one with a shred of self-awareness would put forth into a public realm. Bundle this with fleeting moments of lucidity where you're convinced there is a rational mind behind the madness. It all points to the work of a troll of rare and prodigious talent.

He got you to write a thesis on it. Genius at work. We should acknowledge it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back