Strategy Why we got Hopper and Taranto?-my opinion from outside the loop

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
The point of this thread is strategy, learn from it.

How can this scenario rhyme for Richmond in the future?

Now the reason, to me, we got Hopper and Taranto, apart from the leg work, identification etcc.. was simply a matter that Richmond did not have a lot of strength in bigger midfield types into the future. Simple as that.

Part of it would be to do with windows, part of it is to do with them being mates, but to me a lot of the carrot RFC could offer is inside bigger mids RFC lack significantly.

The only players that realistically could compete with Hopper and Taranto is Cotch and Dusty. Cotch is getting closer to father time and, lets face it, would prefer a chop out, and Dusty is happy like a pig rolling in the mud to be dancing in the forward line anyway.

So the bottom line, apart from being thereabouts in terms of premiership contention, Hopper and Taranto help address a weakness. Hopper and Taranto know, unless they stink like a skunk they are very highly likely to be almost guaranteed games and they is a strong likelihood their presence will make others around them better. If they are not welcomed we would be morons in this scenario. There is no BS, that simply is reality.

So what does this mean going forward??? i mean myself and others have been banging on about getting bigger mid chop outs for years. This no secret. Ely Smith and others mentioned at draft time, even Dunkley back in his draft, and Kennedy more recently. Finally, this has been addressed.

Now what does this mean going forward?? Well now some wish to bang on about the need to get KPF??? why given our record for not being able to develop them? How many misses can be included in this???

Currently with have JR, an all timer, and Lynch, a relatively good player who won our B&F and and on good coin. It is a good chance in five years time both will not be going strong. If Gibcus and Bauer do not work then, based on Hopper and Taranto, the chances of getting a gun forward via a trade could be high. If we are contending and that is the new weakness history might rhyme into the future based on our ability to attract Hopper and Taranto!!

5 other threads you could have posted that in , Did we really need another thread about the same thing ?

This thread is not about you and your agenda

This thread involves analysis, and is based on facts, and it is a attempt to separate from agendas that do not suit the interests of the club including the players prospects and welfare.

it is mainly about winning premierships and helping players win premierships and not pushing the barrow of other concerns. That way other players are attracted to the club because they know there are no separate agendas like at the Gold Coast and whatever infighting there is at the likes of St Kilda etc..

It is about maximising the players potential because we want to win premierships continually as often as possible but with a aim to get the most over time and we want the players to drive the journey with us where they achieve what they want to achieve as best they can with us as a team working together with the common goal of winning as many premierships as possible apart from other personal growth they are afforded

The fact of the matter is there is a very good chance Hopper and Taranto came to RFC to win premierships. Hopper and Taranto felt as a combination they could help us as a team win premierships in a meaningful to the point they could be integral to us actually winning premierships going forward. This means despite us being near contention our situation was such there is a dam good chance they get all the support in the world to help us play better as a team. That means they know, unless they are morons, which I doubt it, them coming to RFC will at minimum give them a great chance for job security as a footy player with their attributes and a strong chance they will be in a very win win situation where they can thrive and be part of a group that excels driving the team forward to the ultimate success. As a consequence, Hopper and Taranto would have preferred to come to RFC, not necessarily because RFC is RFC, but because RFC has a playing group that could benefit from their inclusion and contribution and because they could help the group get better, play better, and equally enjoy more success on the footy field striving for realistic premiership success opportunities helping them be part of a strong supportive embracing inclusive environment where they probably can forge strong lifelong relationships along the way enhancing everyone's prosperity.

So that means RFC's weakness became RFC's strength because it enabled Hopper and Taranto to come like a wet sail because the pros massively outweighed the cons ignoring other elements like salary/contract length etc...

Last edited:

This thread involves analysis, and is based on facts, and it is a attempt to separate from agendas that do not suit the interests of the club including the players prospects and welfare.

it is mainly about winning premierships and helping players win premierships and not pushing the barrow of other concerns. That way other players are attracted to the club because they know there are no separate agendas like at the Gold Coast and whatever infighting there is at the likes of St Kilda etc..

It is about maximising the players potential because we want to win premierships continually as often as possible but with a aim to get the most over time and we want the players to drive the journey with us where they achieve what they want to achieve as best they can with us as a team working together with the common goal of winning as many premierships as possible apart from other personal growth they are afforded

The fact of the matter is there is a very good chance Hopper and Taranto came to RFC to win premierships. Hopper and Taranto felt as a combination they could help us as a team win premierships in a meaningful to the point they could be integral to us actually winning premierships going forward. This means despite us being near contention our situation was such there is a dam good chance they get all the support in the world to help us play better as a team. That means they know, unless they are morons, which I doubt it, them coming to RFC will at minimum give them a great chance for job security as a footy player with their attributes and a strong chance they will be in a very win win situation where they can thrive and be part of a group that excels driving the team forward to the ultimate success. As a consequence, Hopper and Taranto would have preferred to come to RFC, not necessarily because RFC is RFC, but because RFC has a playing group that could benefit from their inclusion and contribution and because they could help the group get better, play better, and equally enjoy more success on the footy field striving for realistic premiership success opportunities
Yeah Nahh Think its a look at me type of thread that could easily have been discussed in the other threads.
hope you bring some drinks as its going to be a boring party

Yeah Nahh Think its a look at me type of thread that could easily have been discussed in the other threads.
hope you bring some drinks as its going to be a boring party

I know you cannot distance yourself from your agenda. You make it personal because your content has little backing driven by an agenda against the full interests of the players and overall club

You will not admit it but if we already drafted Dunkley we would not have got Hopper and Taranto. That is a fact. Would we even have been able to trade for one??? Maybe, maybe not.

The trouble with your agenda is nothing happens in a vacuum. That is why with a trade pros and cons and each side wants compensation.

The truth is drafting for a KPF more than 196cm plus does not work for us historically. JR was a first rounder and shorter and more mobile, Richo a father son wingman at his best and Gale a ruck who went forward in his prime.

It made sense to get Lynch how we did given our track record. How long is a piece a string?? We could go on and on about Griffiths, Vickery, and a host of others and somehow one could be a diamond with a pick at the end?? Yeah, nah, has list clogger all over it and simply might present a inhibitor to get better players down the track like Hopper and Taranto in a similar trade or via FA. Even Peter Wright at Essendon was drafted as a high first rounder for the Gold Coast. Those are the facts

Last edited:

The fact of the matter is there is a very good chance Hopper and Taranto came to RFC to win premierships. Hopper and Taranto felt as a combination they could help us as a team win premierships in a meaningful to the point they could be integral to us actually winning premierships going forward. This means despite us being near contention our situation was such there is a dam good chance they get all the support in the world to help us play better as a team. That means they know, unless they are morons, which I doubt it, them coming to RFC will at minimum give them a great chance for job security as a footy player with their attributes and a strong chance they will be in a very win win situation where they can thrive and be part of a group that excels driving the team forward to the ultimate success. As a consequence, Hopper and Taranto would have preferred to come to RFC, not necessarily because RFC is RFC, but because RFC has a playing group that could benefit from their inclusion and contribution and because they could help the group get better, play better, and equally enjoy more success on the footy field striving for realistic premiership success opportunities helping them be part of a strong supportive embracing inclusive environment where they probably can forge strong lifelong relationships along the way enhancing everyone's prosperity.

So that means RFC's weakness became RFC's strength because it enabled Hopper and Taranto to come like a wet sail because the pros massively outweighed the cons ignoring other elements like salary/contract length etc...
On the Mushrooms again Mr Magic? I love it, what a great laugh. I mean, have you plagarised the Magna Carta or just been reading Noam Chomsky while high. No matter, keep up the good work Chief

groundbreaking stuff OP, staggering insights!

So you admit, nothing I have posted in this thread is incorrect?

No one has addressed the content yet.

A lot seem to prefer to side step it.

I mean we could try Gibcus up forward, if it works fantastic, if it does not, no matter we can trade or acquire later with more ammunition in the kitty especially if we are stronger in other areas. Is this to easy to admit its too simple to be done and we prefer to be doormats to the likes of Geelong giving them additional advantages at the trade table, apart from Gold Coast handouts?

Do you know Taranto is taller than Royce Hart?? 188 cm is taller than 187cm. Maybe we have our next key forward already.

Dusty same height as Royce Hart goes alright in the forward line to

Hmm, Jeff Hogg 191cm, Michael Roach 193 cm, Brain Taylor 191cm, Richo as a wingman 197cm supposedly, Gale playing ruck forward a whole 198cm would be the tallest of the most effective.

Miller, JR, Lynch, hard for a draftee KPF to have any chance at all as a tall late draftee especially considering our ruck stocks as well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wonderful and ground breaking Hubble Telescope was once the most powerful piece of scientific equipment we humans had to photograph. In fact, back in the mid 90s the director in charge of the project, a man by the name of Robert Williams used the telescope to view the "cosmic zoo".

Williams, however, always wanted to go further and explore a part of our universe that always appeared dark, he wanted to see what wasn't part of the "cosmic zoo". So he found a piece of dark sky and trained the Hubble Telescope on to it to take long exposure pictures. What did he find? In a small black piece of sky there were 342 seperate light exposures. From this one piece of the sky that appeared dark to us he found 343 seperate light emitting objects.

Now Mr Magic, if this entire Richmond board used the Hubble telescope as well as the much more technologically advanced James Webb telescope, we could search until the heat death of the universe and still never find any coherent point/argument in your frequent deranged ramblings.

I know you cannot distance yourself from your agenda. You make it personal because your content has little backing driven by an agenda against the full interests of the players and overall club

You will not admit it but if we already drafted Dunkley we would not have got Hopper and Taranto. That is a fact. Would we even have been able to trade for one??? Maybe, maybe not.

The trouble with your agenda is nothing happens in a vacuum. That is why with a trade pros and cons and each side wants compensation.

The truth is drafting for a KPF more than 196cm plus does not work for us historically. JR was a first rounder and shorter and more mobile, Richo a father son wingman at his best and Gale a ruck who went forward in his prime.

It made sense to get Lynch how we did given our track record. How long is a piece a string?? We could go on and on about Griffiths, Vickery, and a host of others and somehow one could be a diamond with a pick at the end?? Yeah, nah, has list clogger all over it and simply might present a inhibitor to get better players down the track like Hopper and Taranto in a similar trade or via FA. Even Peter Wright at Essendon was drafted as a high first rounder for the Gold Coast. Those are the facts

Yep don’t draft one. We are in win now mode and just need a few finishing touches to make a flag team for the next few years. I don’t think a pick 50+ KPF will be of any use to us anyway, don’t see him beating first round defenders in his draft class doesn’t matter how good we are at developing him.

I’m regards to Dunkley, how much was he in terms of picks and money? Don’t think we could’ve afforded him and another one of those mids right? I would prefer having 2 mids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mean we could try Gibcus up forward, if it works fantastic, if it does not, no matter we can trade or acquire later with more ammunition in the kitty especially if we are stronger in other areas. Is this to easy to admit its too simple to be done and we prefer to be doormats to the likes of Geelong giving them additional advantages at the trade table, apart from Gold Coast handouts?

Do you know Taranto is taller than Royce Hart?? 188 cm is taller than 187cm. Maybe we have our next key forward already.

Dusty same height as Royce Hart goes alright in the forward line to

Hmm, Jeff Hogg 191cm, Michael Roach 193 cm, Brain Taylor 191cm, Richo as a wingman 197cm supposedly, Gale playing ruck forward a whole 198cm would be the tallest of the most effective.

Miller, JR, Lynch, hard for a draftee KPF to have any chance at all as a tall late draftee especially considering our ruck stocks as well
i have to admit that us grabbing torino and hipster had something to do with our midfield issues...

just not sure who you were arguing with as literally everyone knows this?

its like , fsrk lemme see...

this postis about hydrology so see if you can learn something you gormless twats.
there is avery good chance that rain is wet. i mean if the ground was dry before the rain but, think about it cmon guys, after and even during the rain coming down, the ground and other things the cars for example and some of them are 1.6's some are 308's, but if they are now wet then there is every possibility rain makes things wetter. but thr b3st part is, maybe this rain is only designed to make a drought later so we need it to rain again!

I kept reading just hoping it wasn't like one of those pointless tik tok clips

* me, I've been stooged again

Seriously gotta read the comments first
I am fully convinced Magic is a genius pisstake account. Whoever it is they've engaged in the longest running troll in BF history and sucked us all in.

tl:dr

The point of this thread is strategy, learn from it.

How can this scenario rhyme for Richmond in the future?

Now the reason, to me, we got Hopper and Taranto, apart from the leg work, identification etcc.. was simply a matter that Richmond did not have a lot of strength in bigger midfield types into the future. Simple as that.

Part of it would be to do with windows, part of it is to do with them being mates, but to me a lot of the carrot RFC could offer is inside bigger mids RFC lack significantly.

The only players that realistically could compete with Hopper and Taranto is Cotch and Dusty. Cotch is getting closer to father time and, lets face it, would prefer a chop out, and Dusty is happy like a pig rolling in the mud to be dancing in the forward line anyway.

So the bottom line, apart from being thereabouts in terms of premiership contention, Hopper and Taranto help address a weakness. Hopper and Taranto know, unless they stink like a skunk they are very highly likely to be almost guaranteed games and they is a strong likelihood their presence will make others around them better. If they are not welcomed we would be morons in this scenario. There is no BS, that simply is reality.

So what does this mean going forward??? i mean myself and others have been banging on about getting bigger mid chop outs for years. This no secret. Ely Smith and others mentioned at draft time, even Dunkley back in his draft, and Kennedy more recently. Finally, this has been addressed.

Now what does this mean going forward?? Well now some wish to bang on about the need to get KPF??? why given our record for not being able to develop them? How many misses can be included in this???

Currently with have JR, an all timer, and Lynch, a relatively good player who won our B&F and and on good coin. It is a good chance in five years time both will not be going strong. If Gibcus and Bauer do not work then, based on Hopper and Taranto, the chances of getting a gun forward via a trade could be high. If we are contending and that is the new weakness history might rhyme into the future based on our ability to attract Hopper and Taranto!!
so now you rate Hopper? I'm so confused

Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto were in the midfield making centre clearances and i saw one of the clearances and the clearance looked at me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back