Certified Legendary Thread Welcome Tim Taranto & Jacob Hopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopper can still come good but he needs to be at his best come the opening round …. We’ve been told he has had a much better pre season so there are no excuses for him now

Hopper can still come good but he needs to be at his best come the opening round …. We’ve been told he has had a much better pre season so there are no excuses for him now
He's killed match sim and played very well against the Dees. He's fine.

i was answering the poster's question in regards to draft picks. lol
He was better as a young player when he was lighter and has gone off the boil since. He's going to struggle unless he sheds a few kilos. Dow has leapfrogged him bc he has better and faster reflexes which makes his disposal efficiency higher. For Hopper to have a good AFL career he needs to be cleaner with his hands, but the game is so fast now his reflexes are poor and he's constantly under pressure which leads then to poor DE.
I still think he could be coached to play better to his strengths , toooften he chooses a dinky hot potatoe handball than work thru traffic , TT has clearly been encouraged to kick just to gain meters as he’s not a great handball
Hopper should kick much more and he’d have way more impact

I still think he could be coached to play better to his strengths , toooften he chooses a dinky hot potatoe handball than work thru traffic , TT has clearly been encouraged to kick just to gain meters as he’s not a great handball
Hopper should kick much more and he’d have way more impact
I hope you’re right Bo as I’m worried about his reaction time and reflexes to be able to deliver cleanly under pressure.

I hope you’re right Bo as I’m worried about his reaction time and reflexes to be able to deliver cleanly under pressure.
Neither of them are very good handballers in that regard ,,,hopper can sidestep and be evasive when he wants , he needs to be encouraged to pull his finger out and that be his trademark , he defaults to lazy football , get on ya bike son and kick it

Real Freaky Friday situation with these two. Hopper once we came good was super important, Taranto barely sighted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of them do some good things from time to time
Hopper honestly played a decent game & was our best mid v Suns

Taranto played his worst for the club & is usually more consistent than Hopper so it's hard to really wrap your mind around it.

As much as I hate Kane Cornes he honestly might be right on this one we have made a bad mistake by getting them both we only needed 1, we could have had more money to get a different midfielder with speed or a good outside elite winger type or went to the draft.

It just shows that making the right decision as club & as a player is very important.
An example of it is Dion Prestia coming to Richmond was such a good decision but Taranto & Hopper probably a made bad decisions coming here or being convinced by Dimma.

As much as I hate Kane Cornes he honestly might be right on this one we have made a bad mistake by getting them both we only needed 1, we could have had more money to get a different midfielder with speed or a good outside elite winger type or went to the draft.
What's even more galling is that looking at this GWS side, the talent they have and how they play, it's inconceivable that both would be getting a game there now. One of them maybe, probably on the back of some injuries, but both of them no way.

Let that sink in we sold the farm for their depth players, the aftermath being they'll probably be contending for a flag this year and we are most likely bottom six. And they still have the kids that they recruited with our picks to come.

Just one of them would have been more than enough.

Does Mathew Clarke have anything to do with them coming over or was it a Dimma infatuation? Fxxking pissed off either way as we should’ve been doing a genuine rebuild now looking to get high quality players and we have two slow poorly skilled footballers. I could’ve handled TT, but Hopper was a massive fxxk up.

It’s going to be bumpy ride with these 2

Taranto hasn’t played a good game since the bye last year

Hopper is up and down

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
6 more years

Both of them do some good things from time to time
Hopper honestly played a decent game & was our best mid v Suns

Taranto played his worst for the club & is usually more consistent than Hopper so it's hard to really wrap your mind around it.

It just shows that making the right decision as club & as a player is very important.
An example of it is Dion Prestia coming to Richmond was such a good decision but Taranto & Hopper probably a made bad decisions coming here or being convinced by Dimma.

We didn't need either of them, Taranto was fine last season and we finished 13th. They could both both be decent the next 3 years, we would still have absolutely no chance of winning anything. I can see why they went for one more crack at a flag, but that crack was really last year and we were nowhere near it. It's done now, atleast we didn't trade anymore picks at the end of last year, it's time to rebuild now. This year will be the hardest to watch as we are still quite old. Hopefully Dusty and Bolton can win us the odd big game. I'm not expecting much from Nank or Lynch tbh.

We didn't need either of them, Taranto was fine last season and we finished 13th. They could both both be decent the next 3 years, we would still have absolutely no chance of winning anything. I can see why they went for one more crack at a flag, but that crack was really last year and we were nowhere near it. It's done now, atleast we didn't trade anymore picks at the end of last year, it's time to rebuild now. This year will be the hardest to watch as we are still quite old. Hopefully Dusty and Bolton can win us the odd big game. I'm not expecting much from Nank or Lynch tbh.
We didn’t have anymore picks to trade 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back