Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

• Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • The media aren't aware about anything

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Also one of the three we did get was upfield with no advantage paid so they could take a goal off us

You’ve gotta laugh…

Another free was paid to Dusty when he’d taken the mark anyway. And another to Ross when he’d also taken the mark anyway. Add a couple of OOF and of the 7 frees we received, only two gave us any benefit. Two …. u gotta laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Listening to that dweeb rayzor this AM on sen and wankley bought up the goal that was reversed due to infringement on the line that interfered with player contesting it ,,,, rayzor said one critical point they look for ,,,,if not going thru at post height ,,,,,,, you campaigners
RFc v freo 2017 ,,,caddy kicks an absolute peach would have gone 10 rows back ,,,,reversed
RFc v GC marvel 2021,,,, jack kicks a gem from the boundary post high ,,,, reversed lynchy infringed
we get umpired differently , Ive seen Hawkins bear hug an opponent on the line , never a query
The 2017 QF against Geelong too. First quarter, Houli snapped one through from about 30m out and Riewoldt got his body in the way to stop the Geelong defender from touching it. It honestly may have been non-sharp Razor Ray who called a freekick against Jack for a block/shepherd/something. Riewoldt and the commentary team were baffled at the time.

I dont buy into the AFL vs Richmond mentality of other supporters here. But the weekend's umpiring was god awful. I put it down to hometown bias, it doesn't have to be this big AFL corruption conspiracy.

Note - Richmond's gameplan of the last 6 years has relied on ferocious pressure on the ball carrier. So the relaxing of the HTB rule may come as a detriment to us but I wouldn't say its an AFL campaign to hurt richmond.
unlike the stand rule which was introduced specifically by shocking to blunten our defensive abilities of manning the mark....

It’s quite clear that a decision was made not to pay any holding the ball frees against Freo. On the other hand, they decided to pay everything they possibly could to Freo. The classic was the free to Walters in front of goal for who knows what in the third quarter. Even the commentators had no idea what it was for.
Yes,the let’s pretend we are keeping the game flowing tactic because Richmond are the best at winning frees from htb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game and wasn't sure of the stats but said to the missus in the 3rd, 'have we had a free yet?' well I was close we had 3 which is ridiculous, although it didn't overly affect the game the umps did everything they could to keep the dockers in it.

The football media is unfortunately not independent and rarely criticise umpires or the AFL, don't s**t where you eat.
I remember growing up, used to watch a lot of cricket on TV also, used to laugh and the crap the comenataors went on with to fill in the gaps between balls and the company line they all followed re the dubious decisions. Well here we are more than 5 decades on and all I see now is a case of rinse and repeat, the commentators carry on with a load of crap a lot of the time, are scared to state a true opinion on decisions or show an allegience at the risk of being accused of bias.
I can`t, will never leave the game but
God give me strength!

I was at the game and wasn't sure of the stats but said to the missus in the 3rd, 'have we had a free yet?' well I was close we had 3 which is ridiculous, although it didn't overly affect the game the umps did everything they could to keep the dockers in it.

The football media is unfortunately not independent and rarely criticise umpires or the AFL, don't s**t where you eat.

....or are they

birdbox.jpg
Needs a 4th voting option

Yes….the media is complicit in peddling AFL corruption​

The reason why Richo talks other teams up is because he's such a lovely guy, and doesn't want to appear bias towards Richmond.
as much as i love the big man its because he is not very eloquent and if he added bias against a team and started arguing with the media stalwarts he'd be out on his arse

I must say, we do lay a lot of tackles where the opponent manages to get rid of the ball (questionable of how legitimate sometimes).
We do also lay a lot of sloppy tackles that slip high and result in a free against us.
They don’t count statistically if the ball gets released. So that’s still 70 odd unrewarded tackles

Back