Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

• Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • The media aren't aware about anything

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m wondering if at some stage ( 6 years ago ) the umpires were told to watch Richmond. So now when we are the tackler or spoiler they watch us with expectation but when the opposition are the tackler or the spoiler they don’t watch with any expectation.
Because something is going on.
I suspect that they have been told not to reward the tackle. That SHockings line and I think that is still the afl position

I suspect that they have been told not to reward the tackle. That SHockings line and I think that is still the afl position
What other sport has unpublished directives to officials to 'focus' on certain rules? If HTB is there, the ump has to call it. If any American sport did something like this there'd be a massive riot, cars burning, looting, the lot.

Literally shifting the goal posts week to week is about as farcical and corrupt as you can get

I must say, we do lay a lot of tackles where the opponent manages to get rid of the ball (questionable of how legitimate sometimes).
We do also lay a lot of sloppy tackles that slip high and result in a free against us.

I dont buy into the AFL vs Richmond mentality of other supporters here. But the weekend's umpiring was god awful. I put it down to hometown bias, it doesn't have to be this big AFL corruption conspiracy.

Note - Richmond's gameplan of the last 6 years has relied on ferocious pressure on the ball carrier. So the relaxing of the HTB rule may come as a detriment to us but I wouldn't say its an AFL campaign to hurt richmond.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say, we do lay a lot of tackles where the opponent manages to get rid of the ball (questionable of how legitimate sometimes).
We do also lay a lot of sloppy tackles that slip high and result in a free against us.
One thing the umpires did do well was not to pay a free when the ball was knocked free because of the tackle. That did drop the free kick count to be fair

Listening to that dweeb rayzor this AM on sen and wankley bought up the goal that was reversed due to infringement on the line that interfered with player contesting it ,,,, rayzor said one critical point they look for ,,,,if not going thru at post height ,,,,,,, you campaigners
RFc v freo 2017 ,,,caddy kicks an absolute peach would have gone 10 rows back ,,,,reversed
RFc v GC marvel 2021,,,, jack kicks a gem from the boundary post high ,,,, reversed lynchy infringed
we get umpired differently , Ive seen Hawkins bear hug an opponent on the line , never a query

Last edited:
Listening to that dweeb rayzor this AM on sen and wankley bought up the goal that was reversed due to infringement on the line that interfered with player contesting it ,,,, rayzor said one critical point they look for ,,,,if not going thru at post height ,,,,,,, you campaigners
RFc v freo 2017 ,,,caddy kicks an absolute peach would have gone 10 rows back ,,,,reversed
RFc v GC marvel 2021,,,, jack kicks a gem from the boundary post high ,,,, reversed lynchy infringed
we get umpired differently , Ive seen Hawkins bear hug an opponent on the line , never a query
Yes Razor would make a good poli.

WOW,THank You SEN!
61 tackles,not 1 free ,just unbelievable.

Are those umpires getting penalised?

It’s quite clear that a decision was made not to pay any holding the ball frees against Freo. On the other hand, they decided to pay everything they possibly could to Freo. The classic was the free to Walters in front of goal for who knows what in the third quarter. Even the commentators had no idea what it was for.

Also one of the three we did get was upfield with no advantage paid so they could take a goal off us

You’ve gotta laugh…

First one was for an in the back free kick on Vlastuin in the first half in our back pocket, and the other was for an out of bounds on the full.

I think the passage of play that highlights the kind of mindset umpires come into the game is seen in the 2nd quarter, at the contest with 16.41 on the clock.

You can hear O'Gormon say "Jayden, just watch your contact please", referencing to something that Short did off camera, before seconds later, at the next contest, demanding Short to "stand up" in what is quite an aggressive manner...

Despite the fact that it was clear that Henry was holding Short down, who also then grabbed Short by the collar, flipping on top of Short, and then looks to have slightly punched Short around the upper chest, neck area (vision isn't the greatest).

This was all done in direct sight from O'Gormon, yet he barely reprimands Henry for his actions, and just solely focuses on Short.

Back