Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

Are the media aware we got 3 FF in 3 and a half quarters of footy?

• Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • The media aren't aware about anything

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

....or are they

birdbox.jpg

I was at the game and wasn't sure of the stats but said to the missus in the 3rd, 'have we had a free yet?' well I was close we had 3 which is ridiculous, although it didn't overly affect the game the umps did everything they could to keep the dockers in it.

The football media is unfortunately not independent and rarely criticise umpires or the AFL, don't s**t where you eat.

Watching the game, in all fairness they umpired Fremantle almost perfectly. Unfortunately for us they failed to call about half a dozen frees that I bet if we wore purple we would have got.

It was a low free kick game and there was no howlers, we just didnt get the ones we should have so no media outrage as they dont look at the non decisions. (Gerard Healy v GWS game talks about the HH free but nothing about the missed Grimes head high tackle)

Also one of the three we did get was upfield with no advantage paid so they could take a goal off us

You’ve gotta laugh…
lol I forgot that one we kick the goal after a play on and the ump takes the goal off us and brings it back, isn't it supposed to be the players that decide if they want to play on?

The football media is unfortunately not independent and rarely criticise umpires or the AFL, don't s**t where you eat.
Should ask yourself, would the reporting be different it this happened to the Flagpies, Carltank or Druggies?

I’ve heard it mentioned a couple of times already this week. I thought a couple of calls were missed but nothing too noticeable. There were some holding the balls I thought we should have got from memory.
Genuinely didn't noticed it was so lopsided until I heard the stat. Didn't feel like we got too many missed. Sometimes that just happens.

Should ask yourself, would the reporting be different it this happened to the Flagpies, Carltank or Druggies?

We dont have the right Football personalities in the media to call it out or bring it up.

We have Richo, who most of the time is complementing or talking up our opponents. Caro who is more focussed on being critical in the running of our club and when she does mention something in our favour she is heavily talked down on the socials because footy is a sexist environment.

Mark Robinson - if it was Essendon would have written a 2-page article on the game. Matthew Lloyd on Footy Classified
Collingwood - McGuire although a bit removed would have popped his head up and made headlines. Buckley would have mentioned it in a topic but snuck it in for debate.
Port Adelaide - Kane Cornes would have most definitely brought it up as VFL bias
even the likes of Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Saints, Melbourne & North have people in the media at present with loud voices. (Dunstall, Lewis, Johnson, Montagna, Dal Santo, Lyon, King)

The quicker Jack retires and gets a gig at fox the better, hopefully he doesn't take the Richo sit on the fence route.

We dont have the right Football personalities in the media to call it out or bring it up.

We have Richo, who most of the time is complementing or talking up our opponents. Caro who is more focussed on being critical in the running of our club and when she does mention something in our favour she is heavily talked down on the socials because footy is a sexist environment.

Mark Robinson - if it was Essendon would have written a 2-page article on the game. Matthew Lloyd on Footy Classified
Collingwood - McGuire although a bit removed would have popped his head up and made headlines. Buckley would have mentioned it in a topic but snuck it in for debate.
Port Adelaide - Kane Cornes would have most definitely brought it up as VFL bias
even the likes of Hawthorn, Bulldogs, Saints, Melbourne & North have people in the media at present with loud voices. (Dunstall, Lewis, Johnson, Montagna, Dal Santo, Lyon, King)

The quicker Jack retires and gets a gig at fox the better, hopefully he doesn't take the Richo sit on the fence route.
The reason why Richo talks other teams up is because he's such a lovely guy, and doesn't want to appear bias towards Richmond.

The reason why Richo talks other teams up is because he's such a lovely guy, and doesn't want to appear bias towards Richmond.
Thats my point we just dont have anyone representing us with a biased view. We all know he bleeds Yellow & Black but we dont have anyone willing to cause a bit of a stir. The only person we do is Caro and she gets heavily criticised by mentioning the word Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats my point we just dont have anyone representing us with a biased view. We all know he bleeds Yellow & Black but we dont have anyone willing to cause a bit of a stir. The only person we do is Caro and she gets heavily criticised by mentioning the word Richmond.
Reverse bias-ism.

Eddie on Footy Classified was almost blaming De Goey's opponent for the head high bump he delivered.

Watching the game, in all fairness they umpired Fremantle almost perfectly. Unfortunately for us they failed to call about half a dozen frees that I bet if we wore purple we would have got.

It was a low free kick game and there was no howlers, we just didnt get the ones we should have so no media outrage as they dont look at the non decisions. (Gerard Healy v GWS game talks about the HH free but nothing about the missed Grimes head high tackle)
Gerard Healy may have won a Brownlow and been a very good player but quite frankly he should just shut his mouth sometimes. Bloke secretly wishes he'd been a premiership player.

Back