Preview 2023 Round 5 Carlton vs Adelaide Thursday April 13 7:40PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Welcome back Walshy
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

IN: Blake Acres, Matthew Kennedy, Sam Walsh
OUT: Sam Docherty (knee), Jack Carroll, Josh Honey, Lochie O'Brien

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Last edited:
All we have to do is play 4 quarters of footy for the first time this season. Each game so far we've probably played 1-1.5 decent quarter's worth of footy throughout the game, we get that up to 3-4 and we win!

I know there is alot of Hype around Adelaide, But who have they beaten really.
The only real concern, is playing on their home ground.
We will be up for this game for many reasons and we have the weapons..
Walsh is back, and will want to impress. Fishers's 100 game, Mitch has a point to prove, Young playing his best footy, Harry will continue his great marking, Curnow just getting better and more confident, Our defence holding up really well and we have Cripps !!!,
I think we have them covered. 25 point win to the Blues.

Looking forward to this one. If we can get out of the gates quickly and cause a few turnovers, the Crows confidence will disappear pretty quickly. It'll be great to see Walsh strutting his stuff again. H with a lazy 6 after his tribunal reprieve.

Yep , it feels like we are one player away from our best.

Not sure how we’d fit doc & Williams in the team.

Maybe Cowan out for docs & Williams off the bench. Both at HB with some time spent in midfield.

We would need another player out though … Ed?
People
Please stop trying to make Ed and Newie go away.
They are
F.A.B!

Last edited:
All good in the City of Churches!! The Dirty's have their tickets and are orf to the footy!!!!

Many thanks to Stig for his calming words this morning, even if he's an Old Monivarian !?! Would've played against him in the '81 SPC V Monirve smashing that we still talk about....

And massive :thumbsu::thumbsu: to the Kman for his offering his spare tickets, thanks brother's great to see the Blue Blood connections thriving. And a big watch out for a middle aged loud bloke being bundled into the back of a divi van later on, it'll be Stig after the over generous supply of JB's he's indulged in....

The Dirty's in the Lade

Gee a lot of crows talk in the media you’d think they won the flag.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perception, they're playing exciting fast fun to watch footy whereas we're generally not, all on the back of beating a struggling Freo and a cross town rival with a not so great defence.

Opportunity to see if they're hype or real.

Look up the word bandwagon in the dictionary and it will say see media.

Many years ago, I drove to Adelaide to watch a game against Port Power, and parked outside Football Park. On my return, the car's duco and headlights were not in the same condition as I had left it. Careful where you leave your car in the City of Churches if you have Victorian number plates and/or Carlton stickers on the windows.

What about the 'Kochie does goats' sticker - would that have any effect ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a gut feeling it will be a mid - with Plowman to come in to give us 7 defenders. Either one of the named “ins” who maybe hasn’t quite come up, or possibly there is an injury from last week/training that we haven’t heard about yet.
last time we played them in Adelaide we omitted jsos was sub. i doubt it will happen this time but i do wonder if they'll be tempted to repeat it and somehow jsos comes out. I need to know because I picked jsos to kick a goal in our goal kicking comp...(really important stuff).

Last edited:
In the same boat.

Can see my tickets on line, can’t download them.

About to march over the Torrens & get things sorted.
Apologies if someone has already suggested, but if they're an image file, you could just right-click and "save image as" ...

Sorry, disregard, I see you got them now ... Enjoy!

Last edited:
Charlie Curnow shopping at Rundle Mall, trying to hide himself from the hundreds of Carlton supporters also shopping at Rundle Mall

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Perception, they're playing exciting fast fun to watch footy whereas we're generally not, all on the back of beating a struggling Freo and a cross town rival with a not so great defence.

Opportunity to see if they're hype or real.

Look up the word bandwagon in the dictionary and it will say see media.
Maybe along lines of north game...maybe dont want to play them on their terms...north game was thought out by Voss
they were hot early,CFC worked thru their fuel [norths]tickets once they had cooled,however CFC also cooled themselves only north get a second wind...

will also be a game of tactics.....they got better forwards than north,maybe thats all

Ed can tag as he did with north....Crows might want to come out and attack....got to defend,absorb,figure them out quick,shut them down,let them squander energy.,.....evenually efficiently outworking them.....

looking forward to the game.....and dont know really how it might play out.....i dont think they can wipe CFC off the park tho at any stage

last time we played them in Adelaide we omitted jsos. i doubt it will happen this time but i do wonder if they'll be tempted to repeat it and somehow jsos comes out. I need to know because I picked jsos to kick a goal in our goal kicking comp...(really important stuff).
Some people need to get their facts straight especially with something so integral on the line. 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back