Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Pies v Bombers Tues April 25th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see it that way i thought the umpiring was decent for both teams the one that sticks out to me is Draper in the first qrt i though that one was soft.

Your players are allowed to punch opposition players in the guts and it is play on.
Sickening watching how bad the umpiring was today.
The last quarter it was neutral and as soon as the frees stopped flowing the Bombers s**t the bed.

Your players are allowed to punch opposition players in the guts and it is play on.
The last quarter it was neutral and as soon as the frees stopped flowing the Bombers s**t the bed.
We shat the bed because of Colingwoods onslaught not because the frees stopped lols like to see how Eagles would fair against the Pies you blokes wouldn't even trouble them

No idea how the Bombers didn't win that game.
For three quarters they were absolutely looked after by the umps, worse than anything I've seen (and I watch my team get frees galore at home).

Yet despite this huge advantage they were still too mentally weak to get the job done.
4 free kicks at quarter time for the Pies halfway through the third still only 4 frees.

Yeh but essendon not getting frees didn't affect the game. It was Collingwood turning the pressure dial to 11 and essendon falling apart.

No idea how the Bombers didn't win that game.
For three quarters they were absolutely looked after by the umps, worse than anything I've seen (and I watch my team get frees galore at home).

Yet despite this huge advantage they were still too mentally weak to get the job done.

They didn't win because
It was all going well for them until Pendlebury got injured. Then Daicos entered the midfield, dominated it and won the whole game.

I don’t think it will be a huge problem when he retires. Just need to keep Daicos in the midfield and find another defender.
Ed Allan is the one. Might take him a year or two, but he's gonna be that guy in the guts for the Pies.
Would have 40 touches a week as well.
Jack Sinclair play ons from kicks in 2023 - 23
Nick Daicos play ons from kick in 2023 - 22

essendon played to defensively in the last and our structure was blown when laverde went down, throw fatigue in there and it was a perfect storm. the last three anzac day games we have found a way to lose when we should have won. its getting tiring

(Log in to remove this ad.)

essendon played to defensively in the last and our structure was blown when laverde went down, throw fatigue in there and it was a perfect storm. the last three anzac day games we have found a way to lose when we should have won. its getting tiring
This loss is going to sting for ages worse then the Elliot goal after the siren game.

Our season ended today i hope give a fair dinkum crack against the Cats but i suspect they wont to mentally fragile to back up after a heart breaking loss

i do wonder why coaches dont make nick daicos accountable by playing a dangerous forward on him. he doesnt have many weaknesses but a glaring one is his poor defensive work. Averaging 1 tackle a game and 0 spoils this year is diabolical for a defender

i do wonder why coaches dont make nick daicos accountable by playing a dangerous forward on him. he doesnt have many weaknesses but a glaring one is his poor defensive work. Averaging 1 tackle a game and 0 spoils this year is diabolical for a defender
Guelfi would have been a good match up we are missing him big time.

This loss is going to sting for ages worse then the Elliot goal after the siren game.

Our season ended today i hope give a fair dinkum crack against the Cats but i suspect they wont to mentally fragile to back up after a heart breaking loss
we have a very tough next 5 weeks. we have been so poor for so long i feel we are in good hands with brad scott. I dont watch anzac day games these days, feels like the outcome is the same year after year, i do however feel that brad will turn this around.

Our hope is to pinch one of Port or Brissy
yep, geelong with the short break and injured defenders could get ugly

I think Geelong is your best hope. Still haven't beaten anyone decent yet. Hard to tell if they have improved over the last 3 rounds but Essendon will be the first challenge they have faced in a while.

Back