How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dean Bailey lost his job after the 186 point thumping against the cats in 2011, then Adam Simpson should step down after tonight's performance. Melbourne were actually semi-competitive throughout most of 2011. I can't say the same about West Coast this year.
we beat GWS

thumpsup-jim-carrey.gif

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not like the list doesn’t have talent or leadership. Complete lack of effort and disregard for their follow team mates.

Is that the coach’s responsibility? I’ll let you decide.
I think it’s the group they’ve got. The guy won a flag in 2018. Simpson would be great odds to coach again after this mess.

Clearly the guy can coach.

9th in 2014
GF in 2015
EF in 2016
SF in 2017
Flag in 2018
SF in 2019
EF in 2020

9th in 2021

The fall from there in two years has been cataclysmic

In 2013 they were 13th, in 2015 they were in a GF and had beaten the premier in a QF.

It’s in the space of two seasons that this has gone truly pear shaped. 4 losses by over 100, but by quite a lot over. I think he can coach, but something is seriously wrong there.

I keep hearing about the injuries, but what is it exactly? Is it that? I wouldn’t really consider Sydney that good this year. They may just sneak into the 8, MAY sneak in. WC are at crisis levels.

Apparently two sides prior to WC of this year have had a percentage below 50 since 1956; Fitzroy in 96, GWS in their first year.
Simpson built the culture of you play based on your name and performances in seasons past, not by your current form. Why has Gaff been playing since 2021? Why has Sheed never been dropped for not putting in defensive efforts? etc.

Port Adelaide 2011 territory now, 122 and 171 points in succession, Port had 138 and 165 in succession. And at that point for Port there was serious talk of them folding.

This is worst loss since the tanking Melbourne lost to Geelong in 2011. No team has lost by 170 points or more since then. At least Geelong were a great team, Sydney today is a team or of the 8.

In fact this is the 4th worst loss in VFL/AFL history.

what has happened to andrew gaff

to say he is a shadow of who he was would be too kind

has turned into a suburban seconds grade footballer

Nothing is happening as in their doing nothing because they're not trying to do anything because they're not going out there to win a game of football.

Can't believe there's talk of priority picks. Never a more undeserving team for a priority pick.

Fook that.

Minnow clubs are a drain on the competition and should be made to stand on their own two feet.

Relocate them to Tassie for the good of the competition.

Or something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer the question rather than deflecting.
In what other industry would a manager get sacked because the employees are ‘tired of him’?
In what industry would it be known employees are "tired of their manager"? Either way it's easier to get rid of 1 coach than 20+ players

Looking at their injury list and whilst it may be long, who on it is honestly best 22?

Naitanui?
Hurn?
Ryan?
Cripps?

who else?

Waterman, maybe?

They have a lot of injuries but it's certainly been overstated and way too big of a copout.

I'd love the see the best team in VFL play Sydney and tell me they wouldn't be putting a better effort.

If Dean Bailey lost his job after the 186 point thumping against the cats in 2011, then Adam Simpson should step down after tonight's performance. Melbourne were actually semi-competitive throughout most of 2011. I can't say the same about West Coast this year.
Simpsons won a flag; Bailey hadn’t. Big difference.

Clearly the guy can coach.

9th in 2014
GF in 2015
EF in 2016
SF in 2017
Flag in 2018
SF in 2019
EF in 2020

9th in 2021

The fall from there in two years has been cataclysmic

In 2013 they were 13th, in 2015 they were in a GF and had beaten the premier in a QF.

It’s in the space of two seasons that this has gone truly pear shaped. 4 losses by over 100, but by quite a lot over. I think he can coach, but something is seriously wrong there.

I keep hearing about the injuries, but what is it exactly? Is it that? I wouldn’t really consider Sydney that good this year. They may just sneak into the 8, MAY sneak in. WC are at crisis levels.

Apparently two sides prior to WC of this year have had a percentage below 50 since 1956; Fitzroy in 96, GWS in their first year.

A good coach can become a bad coach for a variety of reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back