Unsolved Girls that went missing from Adelaide Oval 1973

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this interview you are referring too?

Who abducted two little girls from a football game in broad daylight? | Under Investigation

If you stay on the video until it finishes then click the go button to refresh...
there is another smaller video with Suzi made on the 25th just gone..
I'd go with Hart on this one!!

Last edited:
The crazy walk was from BC. She said he walked a bit like an ape.

The one from AO was described as a 'stoop'. A stoop is where your lower body tends to be ahead of your upper body causing your shoulders to hunch a little.

Different times different witnesses and likely different police taking record. It's not inconceivable the two could be the same
What is a stoop walk?

If you stoop, you stand or walk with your shoulders bent forwards. She was taller than he was and stooped slightly. [ VERB] Synonyms: hunch, walk with a stoop, be bowed or round-shouldered

From the podcast linked in above, is information Stanley Hart was interviewed the day after the girls went missing. It doesn't say where he was interviewed but it probably wasn't Yatina, where Mark Marshall claims they drove to.

Adelaide Oval to Yatina is a three hour drive, a six hour round trip.
With petrol being rationed that year there is no way anyone would have that much petrol

Okay, that's real interesting Charles. How tough was petrol rationing back then?
Flashback Friday photos | Petrol strikes

Not sure about SA but the Odds and Evens seems familiar. You could get petrol but it might have been slow.

Confident country servos would be more lax in enforcing numberplates. Most farms would have drums of it also

Remember there was odd and even days. Very hard days
Very hard days? Can you explain how it impacted on you? My memory is that once knowing the new rules, we just adapted.

If a person was planning to abduct children, surely they would have planned to have a ‘full tank’ and possibly jerrycans to top up if necessary. Just my thoughts.

Very hard days? Can you explain how it impacted on you? My memory is that once knowing the new rules, we just adapted.

If a person was planning to abduct children, surely they would have planned to have a ‘full tank’ and possibly jerrycans to top up if necessary. Just my thoughts.

A number of things point to the fact it wasn't planned before the day itself.

• this was first time Kirstie was with GM (I suspect she was target)
  • FB left his seat earlier possibly to meet the perp
  • if it was planned the escape car would have been placed strategically and it wasn't based upon sightings

As regards fuel I give Brown as example. He abducted Mackay sisters and pulled into a service station to fill up with them in car. If the abduction wasn't planned then neither was fuel.

Last edited:

• if it was planned the escape car would have been placed strategically and it wasn't based upon sightings

As regards fuel I give Brown as example. He abducted Mackay sisters and pulled into a service station to fill up with them in car. If the abduction wasn't planned then neither was fuel.
Could have planned to just abduct anyone and planned to be full of fuel.

Frank B is an assumption. We dont know if he was involved or not.

Fuel would of been a huge deal if rations were on. If the abductor used the train to take the kids then there would of been more witnesses as the girls didnt go quietly

Frank B is an assumption. We dont know if he was involved or not.

Fuel would of been a huge deal if rations were on. If the abductor used the train to take the kids then there would of been more witnesses as the girls didnt go quietly

Anyone that was sitting in the group but doesn't help to search AND then refuses to obey three summons to appear to coroners hearings likely has something to hide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Wikipedia Page was updated with the Radan Line of enquiry.
There is some new information that I haven't heard before.
Wiki-
"After Radan left his Broadview home, it was alleged that both a scrapbook containing clippings of Ratcliffe and Gordon and the clothes of young girls were found in the underground drainage system"

The Wikipedia Page was updated with the Radan Line of enquiry.
There is some new information that I haven't heard before.
Wiki-
"After Radan left his Broadview home, it was alleged that both a scrapbook containing clippings of Ratcliffe and Gordon and the clothes of young girls were found in the underground drainage system"
The Advertiser reported that while Radan was in jail in 1978, his family entered his home against his instructions and 'In the house the family found more than 100 pairs of children's underclothes and, in the suspect's writing desk, indecent photographs of children, some of which he had apparently taken. There also were Adelaide newspaper cuttings of children and two diaries containing the names, addresses and telephone numbers of many of the children whose photographs appeared in the cuttings.' Doesn't sound like any of it was hidden.

The Advertiser reported that while Radan was in jail in 1978, his family entered his home against his instructions and 'In the house the family found more than 100 pairs of children's underclothes and, in the suspect's writing desk, indecent photographs of children, some of which he had apparently taken. There also were Adelaide newspaper cuttings of children and two diaries containing the names, addresses and telephone numbers of many of the children whose photographs appeared in the cuttings.' Doesn't sound like any of it was hidden.
both Brothers sound like career criminals

Fascinating the tale.
How two girls were looking for the Beaumont's in caves. Instead found a Victim of Lyle Radan and Robert Young near the Noarlunga River mouth.

I believe Kilmartin has no reason to state anything than what he saw.
He would definitely know what way they turned,so if he's saying left ,it was left.

Great information in the thread,spent the last few hrs reading it,saw something about a movie being made in yatina which led me here.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He would definitely know what way they turned,so if he's saying left ,it was left.

Great information in the thread,spent the last few hrs reading it,saw something about a movie being made in yatina which led me here.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is a Yatina Facebook page and the owner is doing up the place, he was around when the movie was made, which has already been released in a few cinemas..
But mention Percy to him and he goes off, I made the mistake of doing it once and he wasn't happy, but we made up after I apologised lol

No, that was a few months ago, the one i'm talking about was last week sometime.
Michelle spoke to channel 7 and Suzi to channel 9..
Who is Michelle? And where can I find the 8nterview please?

Yes, that's the one where Suzi said there were more children approached on that day!
I wonder why this was never reported by police at the time the girls were abducted. Interesting

Not if you had a company vehicle, or you lived close.

Hart is involved if you really look into it. Still yet to see a photo of radan has anyone seen a photo of him?

Here is the interview with Michelle Lyn!

Michelle's interview:
Victim of Errol George Radan, key person of interest in 1973 Adelaide Oval abduction of Joanne Ratcliffe and Kirste Gordon, speaks out.
A victim of the prime suspect in the 1973 Adelaide Oval abduction has told her story about the “animal” who ruined her life, saying she needed the state to know what he was like.
A victim believes her perpetrator, Errol George Radan, is responsible for the abduction of two girls from Adelaide Oval 50 years ago.
For five decades, Michelle has been keeping her secret – about the man she described as a “ghost” – out of fear she would be publicly shamed and vilified.
Now, after revelations that Radan was being investigated by SAPOL’s Major Crime Investigation Branch for the 1973 abduction of Joanne Ratcliffe, 11, and Kirste Gordon, 4 -became public this week, Michelle said she was ready to share her story.
“After the Major Crime detectives visited Radan in prison in Queensland I asked if they thought he did it,” she said.
“They nodded back at me. But they were never able to get a confession before he died.”
Michelle said she was a victim of Errol Radan in the years after the Adelaide Oval abduction from 1973 to 1978 at a home in Broadview.
“He ruined my life,” she said. “I need Adelaide to know what an animal he was.”
Michelle said Radan lived across the road from her in Broadview and “conned” her parents.
“He said his wife left him and can’t see his kids, so he spoilt me with gifts. Mum and Dad loved him.” she said.
“He kept going missing … it wasn’t until years later they (my parents) found out the truth and he was in jail (in Melbourne).”
Years later, when a new family moved into the Broadview address, a plumber was called to fix the blocked drains.
“The plumber found kids’ clothes, books on child psychology and a scrap book of the missing girls, newspaper clippings,” she said.
Michelle’s involvement in the Adelaide Oval case began when she was contacted by police in 2015.
“They wanted to extradite Radan back to SA, I have no idea how that could have happened,” she said.
“I said I wanted no involvement and to let him die in the Queensland jail.”
Michelle said she eventually signed a form for police not to contact her again “unless required”.
“December 4, 2018, knock knock at the door, I looked and I just knew these two cold-case detectives and I said ‘Radan’, they said ‘sorry Michelle we have to speak to you,’” she said
Michelle told The Advertiser the property that was dug up at Alberton was sold by Radan in the months after Joanne and Kirste were abducted.
“Radan’s adopted brother Geoffrey Radan was the man who reported him to police so many times, as he saw Errol with a shovel, shaking, straight after the girls went missing,” she said.
Old newspaper clippings from The Advertiser in 1949, show Geoffrey Radan ran away from home at age 14.
Michelle said he became estranged from his parents George and Ethel Radan and siblings but reconnected many years later.
She said she eventually became connected with Geoffrey’s family and was told more about the Radan family history.
“When Errol was born she (Ethel) became horrible to Geoffrey,” she said.
“Geoffrey fled across the Nullarbor and never went back home for 14 years. He did go back and see his parents later on when (he) had a family.”
Michelle said Errol married twice and had children, who had all since changed their names.
“When Major Crime flew up in 2019, they got one of his sons to Skype him. This son has not heard from his dad in probably decades,” she said.
“Radan closed his eyes all the way through it.
“I know so much in what (Major Crime Detective Superintendent) Des Bray’s team tried to do.”
Radan ended up in a Queensland prison in 1984 after he was extradited from South Australia.
He pleaded guilty to eight sex offences committed against two children between February 1982 and October 1983.
He was sentenced to an indefinite term of imprisonment. A High Court bid for release in the past decade would fail and he would ultimately die in prison last year.
SA Police confirmed Major Crime detectives travelled to a Queensland prison – where Radan was incarcerated for other matters – in 2019 to conduct inquiries.
Radan declined to be interviewed but police said he could not be eliminated from the investigation, nor could he be incriminated.
Joanne and Kirste disappeared from a SANFL match between North Adelaide and Norwood at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, August 25, 1973.
They were last seen leaving the John Cresswell Stand to go to the toilet at the rear of the stand during the late stages of the third quarter of the game.
Major Crime’s Detective Inspector Mark McEachern said the investigation into the abductions and suspected murders of the girls were ongoing.
Dead Qld pedo not ruled out as Adelaide Oval abduction suspect
The suspicion remains that the male seen leaving with the two girls is the offender in this matter.
“In the 50 years that has passed, police have conducted thousands of lines of inquiry into the disappearance of the girls,” Det Insp McEachern said.
SAPOL has been contacted for further comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back