Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

My ignorant interp was Mason sought that contact. Starting to question whether it was actually GWS that did so. Love to see the complete footage. Either way I see it as good entertainment, no problems with GWS chasing a rivalry, good for the game. If GWS were the ones to initiate the issue their comments re Mason seem pretty ordinary, happy to let them live with that.

Another storm in a teacup from the AFL and the media.After seeing the full footage it’s clear that the Giants players invaded Cox’s space,not the other way around.Will they be given a please explain from the AFL?I doubt it.

Last edited:
Definitely a beat up, and as others have noted, GWS are doing all they can to milk some attention.

I love Mason, but I’m not sure I love him reporting on himself on his podcast. He’s smart and a savvy media user, but after his poor game surely his focus should be on footy. Let this thing die - the club also don’t need it right now.

Definitely a beat up, and as others have noted, GWS are doing all they can to milk some attention.

I love Mason, but I’m not sure I love him reporting on himself on his podcast. He’s smart and a savvy media user, but after his poor game surely his focus should be on footy. Let this thing die - the club also don’t need it right now.

He does a podcast every week, not sure why he'd stop after a poor game. Life goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does a podcast every week, not sure why he'd stop after a poor game. Life goes on.

I know he does and I’m not suggesting he stop his podcasts. I was suggesting that he not focus so much - in his podcast - on the pre-game interaction with GWS, especially after performing badly.

I love that players are creating their own content now. Be it the Mason Cox Show, Ball Magnets, the McKay brothers one etc.

The players are more relaxed and as a result you get more insight in these podcasts than you get out of anything on 7, Fox Footy, 3AW, SEN, Triple M etc.

Also, the honesty Mason projects (for lack of a better word) is refreshing. He acknowledges when he plays like shit and doesn't try to make excuses for it. People love to accuse him of having a big head and thinking he's the best player in the league, yet if you listen to him talk, he admits he's got limitations as a player.

I know he does and I’m not suggesting he stop his podcasts. I was suggesting that he not focus so much - in his podcast - on the pre-game interaction with GWS, especially after performing badly.
Have you listened to it VP? He gives a fairly succinct explanation of the situation, mainly to point out how there was nothing in it.

Have you listened to it VP? He gives a fairly succinct explanation of the situation, mainly to point out how there was nothing in it.

Haven’t listened in full, and I know Cox is honest and open about his footy. I was more critical of him keeping the ‘incident’ in the media by talking about it on his podcast - although other elements of the media are still running with it, and more in his favour.

I was also thinking of the coach, and Fly having the apparently difficult task of getting us up this week. We looked ‘off’ in so many areas on Saturday night, where we were strong last year. An unwanted distraction and all that…

Haven’t listened in full, and I know Cox is honest and open about his footy. I was more critical of him keeping the ‘incident’ in the media by talking about it on his podcast - although other elements of the media are still running with it, and more in his favour.

I was also thinking of the coach, and Fly having the apparently difficult task of getting us up this week. We looked ‘off’ in so many areas on Saturday night, where we were strong last year. An unwanted distraction and all that…

Him explaining the incident actually helped everyone move on.

It was a much bigger deal before he explained it was a harmless mistake.

What’s the point of the AFL given him a Reprimand?
It’s like a public flogging by wet lettuce.
Would’ve been better off declaring nothing in it and dismissing it or better yet not raising it in the first place.

Power games.

Are you lost? Happy to show you the way out ....
I think you took my post the wrong way - I meant that this Cox/Mumford thing has been blown out of all proportion by the media.

2 blokes bump into each other on a footy field - holy crap, stop the presses!

What’s the point of the AFL given him a Reprimand?
It’s like a public flogging by wet lettuce.
Would’ve been better off declaring nothing in it and dismissing it or better yet not raising it in the first place.

Power games.
face saving, they didn’t want to admit they launched an investigation without having a quick glance at the footage first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back