Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surly Ross is playing in the center if KMac, Pickett & Banks are all playing? I love the look of Lefau, hes such a nimble player, can play tall or small.

Rekon Lefau might get the nod.
Port have names Sweet and Soldo. Chance they might try to run Nank ragged after last week. Balta as a backup leaves us high and dry with Lynch as our only key forward. Last thing I want to see is Ryan be a witches hat again.
Would love to see Brown, Miller, Lefau, Clarke as the ins.
With Pickett to be the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So we lose a pure midfielder and name a bunch of half backs and forwards as replacement.

Rough times at Richmond for midfield talent.

Think the replace will be more midfield rotations for Dusty, Shai and Baker; which after Q1 against Carlton looked a lot more dynamic.

How are kmac ,Mansell and Pickett still in the team they have been horrible surely we should be playing the kids

Context is important.

Mansell was the sub last week after four weeks out. Expect match committee would have hoped for an half at best. Pickett was one of our best five against Gold Coast. KMac being moved back to a defensive post was also good considering.

Hardly horrible.

Think it will be Miller and Clarke, then depending on where Mcintosh plays either Brown or Banks.

Mansell likely sub again i'd guess

Whether its starting 18 (where he is named) or if they decide to make him the sub again, Mansell should be playing reserves after last week's average performance plus lets not forget the momentum-killing easy miss.

No McAuliffe get ****ed.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him for a while. Would be out 6/7 midfielder (Taranto, hopper, Dow, Dusty, Bolton, Baker) and can’t really rotate forward yet.

Hasn’t put a foot wrong but think we look more balanced without the third pure mid (Prestia). He’ll get a shot in due course but don’t think it’ll be as early as we think.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him for a while. Would be out 6/7 midfielder (Taranto, hopper, Dow, Dusty, Bolton, Baker) and can’t really rotate forward yet.

Hasn’t put a foot wrong but think we look more balanced without the third pure mid (Prestia). He’ll get a shot in due course but don’t think it’ll be as early as we think.
Drop Dow, he's a spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drop Dow, he's a spud.
Yze has spoken about how he likes to back players in and give them a chance. I get the feeling this will be our pain point with him as a coach. Hopefully he sticks to it and drops the "favourites" unlike hardwick who kept playing them until they made mistake that made the player "dead to him" (the Caddy 150m penalty, Jake Aarts against Norf)

Feeling confident we'll get our first win on the board because:
a. Team is still strong and working together,
b. None of the umpires are on my shit list,
C. Matt White can tell the boys before the game how much Port is a pack of pencil dicks, and
D. We just love to crap on Port players milestone games.
Go Tiges.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unavailable

Tylar Young, concussion protocols (1 week)

Jack Graham, quad (2-3 weeks)

Dion Prestia, hamstring (8-10 weeks)

Liam Fawcett, back (TBC - Long Term)

Mate Colina, back (TBC - Long Term)

Josh Gibcus, knee (season)

Grimes , Pickett and friends still in? Ryan’s name just being mentioned is a laugh and tells me we are in serious pain.
The only thing is that teams usually don’t make 6-7 changes in one week. Only when things are going extremely badly. He already has 3 forced changes, so overall 4 changes are enough for this week.

About the names, I see it differently. This squad tells me that Yze actually watches or considers the VFL. Clarke, Lefau, and Brown in particular were fantastic against Carlton VFL. Miller and Banks were serviceable, while Ryan won the ruck battle against Pittonet. Don’t want Ryan in yet, but the naming of each one of these players makes sense.

If there's no hokey Lefau calls his family again video on clubs website by midday tomorrow he ain't playing. Miller, Brown, Banks cover Young, Gibcus, Pretia. Would love Clake in MRJ out also. Ryan probably named in case Lynch/ Nank can't back up from overuse last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back