Preview Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to think here. They could pick any number of players to replace any number of players for whatever reason but if it's not a 4qtr effort we can't expect a different result.

The wet could see us play safe with Doedee. Zorko down back I fear his defensive lapses will outweigh his distribution advantages. So many players need big games and the coaches need to pull the right levers for a change.

Got a rotten feeling about this one, like the Pies will snap out of it, find their Mojo and be back full of run and attack while we're still stuck in the doldrums waiting for the wind of change. It could be a real touch up. I could get a bit more confident when I see the team, I hope so.

The most frustrating thing is that we should win, we've still got a team capable of winning, at home with a full crowd, Pies in a slump.

Dizzy available.

I don't know what to think here. They could pick any number of players to replace any number of players for whatever reason but if it's not a 4qtr effort we can't expect a different result.

The wet could see us play safe with Doedee. Zorko down back I fear his defensive lapses will outweigh his distribution advantages. So many players need big games and the coaches need to pull the right levers for a change.

Got a rotten feeling about this one, like the Pies will snap out of it, find their Mojo and be back full of run and attack while we're still stuck in the doldrums waiting for the wind of change. It could be a real touch up. I could get a bit more confident when I see the team, I hope so.

The most frustrating thing is that we should win, we've still got a team capable of winning, at home with a full crowd, Pies in a slump.
I think what we are forgetting from the last time that Zorko was trialled in the backline was that he was on one leg during that time. So defensively he was never going to cut it.
But this time around he is the fittest he has been in about 5-6 years so will naturally be able to get to more contests as a result.
I also think that if Answerth remains in the team we have enough defensive cover for Zorko to play a more natural offensive role.

Dizzy available.

Lot of knees in there with Gardiner likely a bit sore with a knee and also Lohmann sore with some Bone bruising after the VFL on the weekend.

I think what we are forgetting from the last time that Zorko was trialled in the backline was that he was on one leg during that time. So defensively he was never going to cut it.
But this time around he is the fittest he has been in about 5-6 years so will naturally be able to get to more contests as a result.
I also think that if Answerth remains in the team we have enough defensive cover for Zorko to play a more natural offensive role.
Prob I see with Zorks is defending he lost a yard of pace and not overly tall.
Kiddy and before him Rich get in the hole and take a mark or a good punch.
not something you see Zorko doing.
Do we play Answerth in Starc roll and release him?
We gone from three nice kicks of HB Coleman, McKenna and Wilmot to one

I have a perception that Tom is a good kick but can't picture him in my mind performing it, how good a kick is Tom Doedee, is he elite, does he take on daring kicks?

No disrespect to Cobra Kai 🐍(Lohman) but I really, really want him out of the senior side. Just don't think he is anywhere near up to it and with our season hanging on by a thread, we can't afford to have any passengers.

I love fagan but bloody hell he sucks at utilising the sub correctly. Remember when he named Fort as a sub? Crazy. Lohman ain't sub material at all, hes a small forward who is not strong enough nor confident enough to be an impact player.

Surely Harry Sharp is a better option? We know exactly what we will get. Maximum effort, spread, run and carry. Is a no brainer imo.

Tunstill also could be a sub option for similar reasons, but I personally have my doubts about him being up to it yet either...

We really cannot afford any more key injuries. Our depth is being tested!

With all this rain i wonder if the club will delay Doedee another week.
That would give him an easier game v North at Norwood Oval hopefully in dry conditions.

Same with Gardiner.
He went for scans so a week off playing won't do him any harm this early in the year.
Darcy has been pretty resilient up to and including 2020.
Games played the last 3 years: 9, 21 and 4 games.
We are only 2 games in this year, and he gets injured again.

With all this rain i wonder if the club will delay Doedee another week.
That would give him an easier game v North at Norwood Oval hopefully in dry conditions.

Same with Gardiner.
He went for scans so a week off playing won't do him any harm this early in the year.
Darcy has been pretty resilient up to and including 2020.
Games played the last 3 years: 9, 21 and 4 games.
We are only 2 games in this year, and he gets injured again.
I just had a look at the latest BOM forecast and it is saying a fine day on Thursday.

Tue
Light rain
22°
21°
Wed
Light rain
23°
19°
Thu
Clear with periodic clouds
26°
19°
Fri
Partly cloudy

Attachments

• 1711439737384.png
    1711439737384.png
    453 bytes · Views: 15
  • 1711439737399.png
    1711439737399.png
    453 bytes · Views: 18
  • 1711439737408.png
    1711439737408.png
    453 bytes · Views: 17
  • 1711439737417.png
    1711439737417.png
    361 bytes · Views: 17
No disrespect to Cobra Kai 🐍(Lohman) but I really, really want him out of the senior side. Just don't think he is anywhere near up to it and with our season hanging on by a thread, we can't afford to have any passengers.

I love fagan but bloody hell he sucks at utilising the sub correctly. Remember when he named Fort as a sub? Crazy. Lohman ain't sub material at all, hes a small forward who is not strong enough nor confident enough to be an impact player.

Surely Harry Sharp is a better option? We know exactly what we will get. Maximum effort, spread, run and carry. Is a no brainer imo.

Tunstill also could be a sub option for similar reasons, but I personally have my doubts about him being up to it yet either...

We really cannot afford any more key injuries. Our depth is being tested!
Jaxon Prior trumps all those guys as a sub in terms of what versatility he offers that many others don’t. I actually think he should be starting 22 tbh.

Prob I see with Zorks is defending he lost a yard of pace and not overly tall.
Kiddy and before him Rich get in the hole and take a mark or a good punch.
not something you see Zorko doing.
Do we play Answerth in Starc roll and release him?
We gone from three nice kicks of HB Coleman, McKenna and Wilmot to one
If Zorko plays half back the remainder of the year i think he will fit in well as an attacking half back.
Midfielders usually make the transition to half back quite well.
Zorko may have lost a bit of pace, but he is still one of the fastest players over the first 10/15 meters on our list.
He is quite a good kick but has some turnovers because he is not afraid to take some risks.
Zorko is one of the few players that use the "stand rule" to great advantage.
I can see Zorko averaging around the 25-disposal mark playing that half back attacking role.
As you mentioned he won't be taking those Kiddy intercept marks (Doedee should) but will still take his share in different situations.
Zorko is a pretty good tackler but is also known for his brain fade free kicks.

We have lost 2 attacking halfbacks and i don't see two attacking HB in the VFL.

Having said all that Fagan probably chooses someone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our players have copped plenty of flak in the small world that makes up the Brisbane Footy Club

I'd be absolutely shocked if however well we play we don't fight this match out to the bitter end. Players like Berry, Bailey and Rayner are good enough players to really respond to the criticism. Plus others.

We've had more than a week to work on it and back at the Gabba.

Looking forward to this match.

I remember Leigh saying he was the best young prospect he'd ever seen.

Maybe everyone should remember that when we criticise drafting choices.
There is no one really like him in the AFL these days.
A quick think and maybe the most like him is Blitzards from Geelong, only he is prepared to work for it unlike Brennan.
Such a wasted talent.

I remember Leigh saying he was the best young prospect he'd ever seen.

Maybe everyone should remember that when we criticise drafting choices.
First Game Highlights

As frustrating as Brennan was, god he was fun to watch when he was on. He really could’ve been so much more.
He really influenced my playing style when I played Junior football. I could hold the Sherrin with 1 hand and run, bounce and drop it on my foot with accuracy like he could. He was a very unique player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back