Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Crows v Demons Thurs April 4th 7:40pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide-vs-Melbourne.png

15th v 3rd

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4

ADELAIDE V MELBOURNE
THURSDAY APRIL 4TH 7:40PM AEDT (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams
CROWS

B: J.Worrell, J.Butts, B.Smith
HB: P.Parnell, M.Keane, M.Michalanney
C: M.Hinge, J.Dawson - C, C.Jones
HF: J.Soligo, I.Rankine, J.Rachele
F: B.Cook, D.Fogarty, T.Walker
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: C.Burgess, S.Berry, M.Crouch, L.Nankervis, N.McHenry
EMG: L.Pedlar, J.Borlase, L.Gollant

IN: J.Butts, P.Parnell, B.Cook, S.Berry, L.Nankervis
OUT: J.Borlase (Omitted), L.Sholl (Omitted), L.Murphy (Injured), L.Pedlar (Omitted), W.Milera (Injured)

DEMONS
B: T.Rivers, S.May, T.McDonald
HB: B.Howes, J.Lever, J.McVee
C: E.Langdon, C.Petracca, J.Billings
HF: A.Neal-Bullen, H.Petty, K.Pickett
F: J.van Rooyen, B.Brown, B.Fritsch
FOLL: M.Gawn - C, J.Viney, C.Oliver

I/C: C.Salem, C.Windsor, T.Sparrow, K.Chandler, T.Woewodin
EMG: B.Laurie, J.Schache, A.Tomlinson

IN: S.May
OUT: M.Hore (injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Adelaide will come out on fire youd think, the Gather Round opener against Carlton last year was scary good.

Dees need to make it a slog and make Adelaide play in contest all day which they arent great at. 3-15 when Adelaide score less than 100 points.

I think Adelaide will try harder, but unsure if they have what it takes against their more experienced opposition. Yes, we have beaten Melbourne before so that is one positive. Steven May, Jake Lever could be Adelaide's problem. Melbourne's backline will destroy Adelaide's forward line of they cannot move the ball correctly. You bomb it in there, then Melbourne's key defenders will have a party. You need to have your forwards lead out and also midfielders need to take more risks too. It is really do or die for Adelaide this week.

We will either compete for half a game and get blown out, or get blown out from the start.

One of these options depends on selection, which I expect to be poor given Nicks. Our current saving grace is that our defence is really solid, but since our midfield are plodders we can only hold for so long.

Interesting game.
Just can't see Adelaide sustaining it for long enough against arguably the best midfield core in the competition. Gawn will annihilate O'Brien in ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game.
Just can't see Adelaide sustaining it for long enough against arguably the best midfield core in the competition. Gawn will annihilate O'Brien in ruck.

Yes they will do us. But Gawn won't annihilate O'Brien. Gawn will beat him around the ground due to his superior marking but O'Brien has become a clearance machine in close, getting 9 clearances on his own against Geelong. He is also ahead of Gawn for Hitouts and Hitouts to advantage - O'Brien ranked 2nd and Gawn 3rd in the AFL atm. Gawn will probably beat him, but O'Brien is also pretty damn handy.

Yes they will do us. But Gawn won't. annihilate O'Brien. Gawn will beat him around the ground due to his superior marking but O'Brien has become a clearance machine in close, getting 9 clearances on his own against Geelong. He is also ahead of Gawn for Hitouts and Hitouts to advantage - 2nd and 3rd in the AFL atm. Gawn will probably beat him, but O'Brien is also pretty damn handy.

I reckon Gawn will finish with 18 disposals, 7 clearances, 38 hitouts, 6 marks and I'm still undecided on whether or not he kicks that set shot goal from about 40 out.

Interested what happens if May comes back in?

If they want to move Petty forward then JVR may have to make way, but that leaves us without someone to give Gawn a rest.

McDonald may be the unlucky one even though he's been quite solid down back.

I'd rather rest May though given he's only had a week off for broken ribs.

Got to wonder if a hammering here could be the beginning of the end for "Snake Oil Stevie".

Kojak and the fools on the AFC board that re-signed him need to be held accountable for their inexplicable actions.

Interested what happens if May comes back in?

If they want to move Petty forward then JVR may have to make way, but that leaves us without someone to give Gawn a rest.

McDonald may be the unlucky one even though he's been quite solid down back.

I'd rather rest May though given he's only had a week off for broken ribs.
Why would JVR make way? May in for Hore, Petty forward as it was vs Hawks.

Back