List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love a good trade talk but jesus it's round 4.
Lets trade out our 190cm+ 19yo kid who can kick 60m, slot goals, is an elite runner, doesn't drink booze, spends his spare time at the club working out, has a very healthy ego and wants to be the best player in the comp.
Coz we haven't wanted one of them at all.
Delist IMHO
It’s extraordinary. Kicked 3 snags in a half in his second game. He’s still just a baby. And I think some of his work isn’t even noticed. Super clean inside and you can see that he will set up other midfielders in the future.

I love a good trade talk but jesus it's round 4.
Lets trade out our 190cm+ 19yo kid who can kick 60m, slot goals, is an elite runner, doesn't drink booze, spends his spare time at the club working out, has a very healthy ego and wants to be the best player in the comp.
Coz we haven't wanted one of them at all.
Delist IMHO
Seriously a waste of time this topic…Mattaes is not going anywhere!

Not surprised- we threw squillions at degeoy while still chasing other targets to no avail.

And then cut billings, gresh, coff who were all on decent coin (or earmarked for getting it in coffs case).

Josh dunkley would be a good target?
Why would we go after Josh Dunkley? He's just arrived at the Lions so I doubt he'll leave and we'd also have to trade for him which contradicts what Ross has been preaching. He's also just another slow mid with shit foot skills.

No one will trade for Hayes, clubs would only pick him up if a DFA. And doubt we'd get anything good for Dougs, maybe a third rounder at most which isn't worth it.
Nar Doogs would get more than a 3rd. He's not flash but he is still a reasonable KPD.
Hayes a 3rd rounder if someone wants him. We need some capital and list spots but nout other than Allison is an obvious delistee this year unless we retire some of Seb, Members and Jones.
Gus will have to move on to the main list (l think) and we've committed to drafting a Sandy player so it's gonna be tight.

Why would we go after Josh Dunkley? He's just arrived at the Lions so I doubt he'll leave and we'd also have to trade for him which contradicts what Ross has been preaching. He's also just another slow mid with s**t foot skills.

Nevermind- i thought I read somewhere that he was on the outer and been dropped or something at the brions.
Must have been confused with someone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nar Doogs would get more than a 3rd. He's not flash but he is still a reasonable KPD.
Hayes a 3rd rounder if someone wants him. We need some capital and list spots but nout other than Allison is an obvious delistee this year unless we retire some of Seb, Members and Jones.
Gus will have to move on to the main list (l think) and we've committed to drafting a Sandy player so it's gonna be tight.

Off the top of my head;

Hunter got shopped previously, so they pull trigger in mid and he's shaky.
Cordy was depth "in case of" gets punted before Dougal.
Allison is obvious delistee option.
Hayes is probably another major injury off being a bust, so is a reach.
Paton v Webster, do you need to carry both at the same time?

Jones has that point of difference in mid, his is a trust of body thing as it seems they would like to keep him around, Seb is a "plug gap" he's not moving like Geary wasn't. Same with Members, as despite being undersized he's maintained our F50 and assisted D50 better than Sharman did. So you're dropping the: maybe bring in Gus and drop both Paton and Webster or "we now have 3 small forwards, punt one" for example instead.

I keep questioning Butler, he just doesn't have the body for an AFL footballer, and now with Collard there, one of them drops. Higgins or Butler and I can see them dropping Butler just as Higgins is the more dynamic forward and Butlers thing is pressuring space more than impacting it... so, I guess he's my smoky for random out like Coff was when they then shopped Hunter?

So you can move others before touching Dougal and KPD stocks is basically what I am saying.

Off the top of my head;

Jones has that point of difference in mid, his is a trust of body thing as it seems they would like to keep him around, Seb is a "plug gap" he's not moving like Geary wasn't. Same with Members, as despite being undersized he's maintained our F50 and assisted D50 better than Sharman did. So you're dropping the: maybe bring in Gus and drop both Paton and Webster or "we now have 3 small forwards, punt one" for example instead.

I keep questioning Butler, he just doesn't have the body for an AFL footballer, and now with Collard there, one of them drops. Higgins or Butler and I can see them dropping Butler just as Higgins is the more dynamic forward and Butlers thing is pressuring space more than impacting it... so, I guess he's my smoky for random out like Coff was when they then shopped Hunter?

So you can move others before touching Dougal and KPD stocks is basically what I am saying.
Can't see Butts going anywhere short term. Collard if he stays will eventually come in but at best that'll happen next year if not the one after.
You're right that Gus, Pato and Jweb is too much and l think Pato will be the unlucky one, but Gus sits outside the main list so that doesn't open up a spot.
Hunts is a maybe, but again l can't see it happen this year.
Cordy we'd get nothing for plus he's contracted, and my hunch is that RTB doesn't much like Doogs because he's unreliable and does stupid things. That's not really what you want in a defender. I think he'll get shopped again depending on replacement options.

Off the top of my head;

Jones had a point of interest in our midfield. Now we have Windy who is basically a better version of him while Garcia will also develop into a similar player. Jones would probably be a 'wait and see' to make a decision after the trade period.

Paton I think is definitely gone. Webster will hold down that spot for now and then Hastie/McLennan will slot right in when Web retires. No room for Pato.

If Dow goes well this year I'd hope we can get something decent for Hunter (although unlikely). I'd take a second rounder for him and run.

Hope Membrey stays on bc he's still as you said an important player for us. Seb probably stays one more year but won't play many games next year, would be more as a leadership thing.

Butler will 100% stay and is not a trade option, hes an important player for our system and won't demand much on the trade table so no point in trading him even if he eventually just becomes a depth player.

Feels like a broken record but Matteas and Harley Reid have very similar stat lines so far this year, yet somehow Pou is struggling? I'm comparing him to Harley because he is supposed to be the second coming, if Matteas was born 5 days later he'd be a first year draftee.

Whilst he is listed as 190cm, I'd be surprised if he wasn't 3 or 4cm taller. That's a big frame to develop into a midfielder. He's as close to a sure thing as we can get.

Feels like a broken record but Matteas and Harley Reid have very similar stat lines so far this year, yet somehow Pou is struggling? I'm comparing him to Harley because he is supposed to be the second coming, if Matteas was born 5 days later he'd be a first year draftee.

Whilst he is listed as 190cm, I'd be surprised if he wasn't 3 or 4cm taller. That's a big frame to develop into a midfielder. He's as close to a sure thing as we can get.
From what I can tell the Pou noise is coming from particular places - Essendon't fans worried they backed the wrong horse, Adelaide and Port fans who want to get him cheap(er), pearl clutchers who decided he was arrogant based on stories around his draft year, even some of our own worried he hasn't re-signed yet.

He'll be fine.

Not a bad idea considering we have a huge war chest.
Personally would rather keep Pou, but if Adelaide panicked ( and publicly stating this and next year's firsts are on the table), they look set for a raid.
Lyon has stated he wants to hit the draft. But at what cost is debatable.
If Adelaide offered two firsts for Pou we would have two firsts (one top 10 for sure) a second ( already Adelaide's so very high) and two firsts in the following year which could be used for trade.
I doubt any of this realistically happens and Pou re-signs. Could not see Adelaide offering anything but one frdp especially if top 5 and probably would want something back.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon they would be willing to give us a pick around 10 and another pick around 20. If they did I would take it. Take 10 to the draft and use pick 20 to upgrade our second pick to mid teens. We would then go to this years National Draft our own FRDP, Adelaide's FRDP and our SRDP upgraded to mid teens. Draft well and we would add another 3 young guns to our young Core group. That would be exciting to say the least. I know the nett result would be 2 young guns because we would have lost Pou...

I reckon they would be willing to give us a pick around 10 and another pick around 20. If they did I would take it. Take 10 to the draft and use pick 20 to upgrade our second pick to mid teens. We would then go to this years National Draft our own FRDP, Adelaide's FRDP and our SRDP upgraded to mid teens. Draft well and we would add another 3 young guns to our young Core group. That would be exciting to say the least. I know the nett result would be 2 young guns because we would have lost Pou...
Hypothetically 2 young guns.

I would not trade Pou under any circumstances if possible. Barely even tapped into his upside yet

Taking high picks is always exciting. But how about we keep Pou, take our own FRDP and trade our way into upgrading our second or trading our future FRDP.
The odds of getting a player with Pou's ceiling with another p10 is fairly low.

I just threw up a little but in my mouth.

Why would you trade gun kids?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back