Preview Round 6, 2024: St Kilda v Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 18 April, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to not present them with "gift" turnovers as well.

We helped GWS rip us apart in the first half with way too many kicks that turned over the ball.

Some were just miskicks (over heads etc). But many were to stationary team mates (ie Wikies short pass) which just allowed GWS players to sprint in and intercept. Which was just dumb football. Unless a player is in vast space you cannot just kick it straight to him, you have to kick so he has to run to it.

If we do this again then we might help to get the Dogs on a roll, and if they get rolling they will be dangerous.
The part in bold...it just wrecks my head watching the team do this stupid s*hite time and time again.

It's just so amateur.

The part in bold...it just wrecks my head watching the team do this stupid s*hite time and time again.

It's just so amateur.

Yes, kicking to a stationary team mate when he can easily be intercepted is a pet hate of mine.
Even if the opposition does not mark it, they will spoil the ball and knock over the target in the process so they can then gather the ball.

My other pet hat is that too many of our players will often try and corral player rather than tackle him. All that happens the vast majority of time is the opponent gets time to dispose of the ball better. Whereas if we went to lay the tackle, the opponent at worst has to rush their disposal, and at best we either stop the ball or even better win a free kick.

Have to win this or our chances of making the finals are pretty much gone.

Given our poor scoring record its a bad week to lose King especially against a higher scoring team like the Doggies.

No idea what changes they'll make but I'd be bringing back Howard and Jones and leaving Garcia as the sub.

That was some game wasn't it! Armitage with nearly 50 touches, Billings proving to us why we took him over Bont, Richo looking like a proud Dad at the end... and most of those Bulldogs players going on to win a Premiership the next year! Fmd...

Seriously though how much better is the commentary? Led by Sandy Roberts which makes a big difference, much smaller team, and content you can actually listen to, not just the non-stop cringe dished up today!

Howard does not deserve to be rushed back, he needs to play in VFL first, especially after a long layoff and whilst Cordy is doing a good job currently. Battle, Cordy and Wilkie should be enough. All 3 of them can rebound and mark strongly.. Howard is a punch only and turnover merchant, do not want.
Howard played VFL last week, and there's no VFL game this week.

That was some game wasn't it! Armitage with nearly 50 touches, Billings proving to us why we took him over Bont, Richo looking like a proud Dad at the end... and most of those Bulldogs players going on to win a Premiership the next year! Fmd...

Seriously though how much better is the commentary? Led by Sandy Roberts which makes a big difference, much smaller team, and content you can actually listen to, not just the non-stop cringe dished up today!
All I was thinking was that the group of kids in that game never really got any better for us.

A wild game, but I too could not help thinking throughout that despite the heroic comeback, that team was destined for a decade in the wilderness whereas the Dogs went on to win a flag the next year. And then in the corner, North is towelling up Richmond, only to think that that Richmond side too was about to go on to win 3 flags.

I suppose the message is, short term results are no guide to long term fortunes. (See also our brilliant wins against Geelong in 2022 and Richmond in 2017.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A wild game, but I too could not help thinking throughout that despite the heroic comeback, that team was destined for a decade in the wilderness whereas the Dogs went on to win a flag the next year. And then in the corner, North is towelling up Richmond, only to think that that Richmond side too was about to go on to win 3 flags.

I suppose the message is, short term results are no guide to long term fortunes. (See also our brilliant wins against Geelong in 2022 and Richmond in 2017.)

That win of ours against Richmond in 2017 catapoulted them to the Premiership!

In a season thus far that’s been influenced by injury and suspension, it was great to see Dow, Henry and Wood all training yesterday…those 3 players, plus Webster will be important additions in the coming weeks.
The goal kicking was also better, under the watchful eye of David Wheaton.
Seriously good to watch Collard kick goals from the boundary for fun!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Bevo should thumb his nose at media criticism and continue his big name ommisons and drop the Bont or start him as sub?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He should yell in his face every day, and tell him that if he's not going to toe the line he'll swap him for Hunter Clark at the end of the year.

In a season thus far that’s been influenced by injury and suspension, it was great to see Dow, Henry and Wood all training yesterday…those 3 players, plus Webster will be important additions in the coming weeks.
Seriously fun to watch Collard kick goals from the boundary for fun!
I was wondering what happened to David Wheaton. Glad to hear he is still around - we need him more than ever.

We might have done a bit better if some of our players had more longevity.

Dave Armitage is still only 35, his draft was a couple of years after Selwood's i think.
His back problems in later years means that people don't remember how well he was tracking in his prime.

Jack Steven is still only 34.

Koby Stevens is only 32.

A midfield with Steele, Armitage, Steven, Stevens and Ross would go pretty well even if it was mostly on the slow side.

Retirements and poor drafting and trading meant that Richo was doomed.

In 2017 three players in the competition played at least 22 games and averaged 23 disposals and a goal per game.

Dustin Martin, Patrick Dangerfield and Jack Billings.

Seriously fun to watch Collard kick goals from the boundary for fun!

Those goals he kicks on the boundary from 50m snaps.

Only 1 or 2 guys in the AFL that are doing that s**t... Insane

We might have done a bit better if some of our players had more longevity.

Dave Armitage is still only 35, his draft was a couple of years after Selwood's i think.
His back problems in later years means that people don't remember how well he was tracking in his prime.

Jack Steven is still only 34.

Koby Stevens is only 32.

A midfield with Steele, Armitage, Steven, Stevens and Ross would go pretty well even if it was mostly on the slow side.

Retirements and poor drafting and trading meant that Richo was doomed.

Armo was the same draft as Selwood - 2006. Boak, Goldstein and Hawkins the last three active players from that draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back