Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon next year we will see a clone of him playing senior football one Steely Green
Mansell played like his clone against Sydney ...

Baker ain't gone until he signs ... if Eagles don't win a game and our youngsters push us into finals, who knows ...

Himmelberg was coming to us ... until Hardwick jumped ship and the Giants made a run at finals

No it wasn't.

The AFL simply got spooked by the Collingwood legal machine a fortnight out from the grand final.

They twisted the interpretation of the existing rule to achieve a desired outcome.

No way Maynard gets off on that charging action on Brayshaw if it's the King's Birthday match in the same year.

Fortunately for those who made these decisions, they most likely will still not be in power when Brayshaw litigates against the AFL in a decade or two. It's inevitable, bookmark this post.
Rubbish. What Maynard did was within the rules last year, it's not this year.

The league literally changed the rules because of the Maynard incident so if it happens again he cops a suspension

I wish people would stop bringing it up as if it’s applicable now

That rule change is also the reason why Baker is now suspended so if you wanted Maynard to get suspended it also means baker needs to be suspended because it’s the same action (late smother/spoil)
Brayshaw completed the kick
Swan dude didnt complete the mark it basically just hit his fingertips on bakers spoil

So can't be deemed as (late smother/spoil).......

Reckless yes, gutsy yes,.........do you want player doing this in a thrilling grand final?.... yes.

Should have been a fine or free kick and 50, because it was a football action that no injury occured with 2 desperado's going at the same ball. i have nearly had a gutfull of the AFL.

Let's not forget IF Bakes had gone for the mark recklessly like Jonathan Brown/Nick Riewoldt/Marlion Pickett in VFL final did and took it.... it would have been Mark of the Year. even if the Swans dude was knocked out cold....I believe this scenario would still be fine under current rules.

No it wasn't.

The AFL simply got spooked by the Collingwood legal machine a fortnight out from the grand final.

They twisted the interpretation of the existing rule to achieve a desired outcome.

No way Maynard gets off on that charging action on Brayshaw if it's the King's Birthday match in the same year.

Fortunately for those who made these decisions, they most likely will still not be in power when Brayshaw litigates against the AFL in a decade or two. It's inevitable, bookmark this post.
It will happen sooner than a decade bc Brayshaw has extra evidence as the afl changed the rules bc of the horrific blow he received. They've basically dug their own grave . This lawsuit will be the biggest in the history of the game for an individual player. AFL will pay out on it early and keep it all hush so it doesn't get out and Brayshaw will walk quietly off with millions. I actually want it to proceed to court to expose the AFL, but it just won't happen as they cover things like this daily to look like a squeaky clean organisation.

Rubbish. What Maynard did was within the rules last year, it's not this year.
On a technicality bc the rules could be manipulated to suit the agenda of a Collingwood player being freed to play. This is why the AFL will pay for the incident. They first suspend him fo 4 weeks iirc and then it's overturned to SFA whilst the player impacted by it is in hospital learning he'll never play again. Later the AFL change the rules telling everyone they messed up and there was cracks with their current rules at the time which showed no consideration for player welfare and safety. They're fuxked bc if they had interpreted their rules there was definitely a rule for player welfare and safety , but they manipulated it with the Collingwood lawyers to suit their agenda that Maynard plays. He was struck in the head and the head is sacrosanct in their rules, it wasn't seen by the afl tribunal afterwards which makes them liable.

Keep dreaming my friend. My little bro is shattered just with the thought of him leaving .
I been writing him fan mail in crayon with my wrong hand saying that my daddy says that he doesn't want to be a Tiger anymore and how can he want to be an Eagle because they suk
animation domination lol GIF by gifnews

It will happen sooner than a decade bc Brayshaw has extra evidence as the afl changed the rules bc of the horrific blow he received. They've basically dug their own grave . This lawsuit will be the biggest in the history of the game for an individual player. AFL will pay out on it early and keep it all hush so it doesn't get out and Brayshaw will walk quietly off with millions. I actually want it to proceed to court to expose the AFL, but it just won't happen as they cover things like this daily to look like a squeaky clean organisation.
Already a class action against the AFL in Victoria supreme court, and other players taking separate legal action. Somehow the NFL survived the class action taken against it. I'm sure the AFL will too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL players will win. Maybe not full amount. In the US, there was a provision for payment to any players affected in the future.
Exactly they can't lose bc there are way too many contradictions in the rules and their interpretation of them that contradict player welfare and safety.

Spot on, he is not going anywhere. From what I know and heard, he feels he also owes the tigers for taking the chance on him and he is super keen to get us back up the ladder. He wont bail.
Are you still feeling the same way about baker? Anymore news?

Rather he stays tbh. No guarantees a draft pick will be as good. He’s the perfect age bracket to help develop that next generation of talent.

Back ourselves in to upgrade the picks we’ve got and nail them.

Won't be our choice. At this point, I think his head has well and truly been turned which is understandable at a long term deal at $850-900k per annum. Sometimes as a club you put your hand up and have to make the best out of the bad situations.

Won't be our choice. At this point, I think his head has well and truly been turned which is understandable at a long term deal at $850-900k per annum. Sometimes as a club you put your hand up and have to make the best out of the bad situations.
Yep and more of a chance to play for another flag in the next 3-4 years TBH.

You’re probably spot on. Hard to turn down that sort of coin at his age. Gotta set himself up at the end of the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back