Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the replay after being at the game, I don't think TV did justice to how slick GWSs ball movement was, that's what makes this win even more impressive, GWS came to play and where lethal with their kicking, our Blue Boys just dialed it up to another level in the 3rd and blew them away, crowd was so much fun during that surge, getting to enjoy this with my teen son after so many lean years is perfect.

Go Blues
This

First half our zone was too loose and allowed them to clear our half under zero pressure. Their quick players slowed after half time and we were able to be tighter.

First half it felt like we were working hard to score through clearance where they were effortlessly moving it from one end to the other. Even though we were ahead at quarter time the second quarter seemed like it was going to happen ( especially with our inability to connect/score)

Such a great response in the 3rd

I understand the modern game is turnovers but we look so much better when we win clearances through the middle.

I get we’ve tried to get a better balance through the first part of the season but when we go beast mode I’m not sure anyone can stop us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s no coincidence we’ve been better in that mode with Walsh coming back (even though we lost with him in last week) - it also shows we need an additional inside/outside mid with breakaway/line breaking speed, I hold high hopes for our own Billy Wilson - but I think we need to zero on in on a trade target next trade period.
:thumbsu:

Watched the replay after being at the game, I don't think TV did justice to how slick GWSs ball movement was, that's what makes this win even more impressive, GWS came to play and where lethal with their kicking, our Blue Boys just dialed it up to another level in the 3rd and blew them away, crowd was so much fun during that surge, getting to enjoy this with my teen son after so many lean years is perfect.
Which is our obvious area of improvement still...I'd have Boyd and Weitering as our only genuinely damaging types by foot, with Cerra, McGovern and maybe Charlie a rung below. Would be nice to squeeze in another one or two elite users. Cowan may be one in the works...it's quite the cannon he's packing.

With you on the teen son bit.

I love him and he's been an awesome pickup but Josh Kelly outsmarted him a lot. Acres seems to play with short term memory loss and never stopped though. Fought back really well.
when GWS control the ball they are very hard to stop....

Kelly got on the end of a few - he's a great runner in his own right.

They are a bloody good side.

We just brought an enormous amount of heat in H2 and they folded....

The final margin flattered them frankly.

Just finished watching the replay. What a very satisfying victory, it really was. Positives were aplenty, of course the injury to Zac was unfortunate. Hopefully, he only misses a couple of games.
Wonderful performance from our captain and Sam was incredible as well.
Terrific to see TDK, play so well. Seemed more accurate with his tap-work and up forward he was a revelation.
Pitto played a career best game, imo. To be honest, I did not think he had it in him.
The two ruck set-up, seems like the way forward and I like it.
Young Corey Durdin proved his knockers wrong and showed us all again that with further game time under his belt, he will only get better.
Great to see Ollie have a solid game, he has turned the corner now and is certainly a valued member of this team.
Hard to see any of our injured player's coming straight back into this team. We really do have amazing depth, reckon we are the envy of every other club right now.
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

That’s not where he played in the GF in 95
Huh?

Sexton was our tallest defender. SOS generally took the best forward, Sexton the second forward, and Dean was third tall. Sexton played on Brownless in the GF. Hogg/Whitehead were our small defenders, McKay/Christou mid/running defenders.

Hogg probably best comparison for English/Boyd in that team. Definitely not Sexton.

Huh?

Sexton was our tallest defender. SOS generally took the best forward, Sexton the second forward, and Dean was third tall. Sexton played on Brownless in the GF. Hogg/Whitehead were our small defenders, McKay/Christou mid/running defenders.

Hogg probably best comparison for English/Boyd in that team. Definitely not Sexton.
Look where he was listed.

Huh?

Sextroin was named in the Back Pocket in the GF , Dean played as our CHB that year.

chrome_YddqJCKfpE.png

What does that matter? Brownless was listed in a forward pocket.

The OP was comparing Boyd and English. Sexton is by no means that type of player.
Let's settle on they all were great :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say boyd is Jayden short 2.0 more than anything

And Weitering was listed in a back pocket in this week's team v GWS. Is he a back pocket or a CHB?
The difference in that is that Sexton played in that position in 95, and Christou, Mckay and Dean were the HB line.

We had an embarrassment of riches back then, starting to look a bit more like that now :)

The GWS board game day thread is 3 pages including autopsy, the ****? 😂

Half of their supporter base was at Marvel. They were the flogs chanting “Here comes the Giants.”, which might be the most irritating chant in the competition. Felt like punching myself in the face.

Nothing would give me more joy than seeing Cripps and Voss hold up the premiership cup one day. Cripps will go down as one of the all time great Carlton players, captains and people. Just oozes leadership. Jump on his back boys, he'll show you the way.

As you can tell, I love Cripps
One day is 28th September.

Back