Song Contest Part XXII, Host: MP_, Theme: Mental Health, Votes Due: Wednesday 9:30pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5. Unprocessed - "Blackbone" I even stopped listening to this wonderful PL to listen to their latest album. Ulahoopski 8th
4. Brenda Russell - "Piano in the Dark" Beautiful, soulful, piano flourishes, tick, tick, tick. Chipmunk 10th
3. Leslie Gore - "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" I sing this to myself often but only knew it from the Simpsons. Fossie 32 17th
2. Cloud Nothings - "Final Summer" A fav and excited to listen to the new album. omgfridge 7th
1. Between the Buried and Me - "White Walls" A bit indulgent but the peaks are so stupendous I couldn't leave it out. NaturalDisaster 14th

Billy. Doves - "Black and White Town" The harshest of harsh Billy's I've given. There's nothing wrong with this, just sounds slightly dull in comparison to everything else. Tonga Bob 1st!

HM's. Not voting for Lana, Anathema, Velvet, Joji, microwave, Agnes and Supergrass is a travesty.

Everything not named was also good!

Playlist rating - Best. Playlist. Eva/10

5. Unprocessed - "Blackbone" I even stopped listening to this wonderful PL to listen to their latest album. Ulahoopski 8th
4. Brenda Russell - "Piano in the Dark" Beautiful, soulful, piano flourishes, tick, tick, tick. Chipmunk 10th
3. Leslie Gore - "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" I sing this to myself often but only knew it from the Simpsons. Fossie 32 17th
2. Cloud Nothings - "Final Summer" A fav and excited to listen to the new album. omgfridge 7th
1. Between the Buried and Me - "White Walls" A bit indulgent but the peaks are so stupendous I couldn't leave it out. NaturalDisaster 14th

Billy. Doves - "Black and White Town" The harshest of harsh Billy's I've given. There's nothing wrong with this, just sounds slightly dull in comparison to everything else. Tonga Bob 1st!

HM's. Not voting for Lana, Anathema, Velvet, Joji, microwave, Agnes and Supergrass is a travesty.

Everything not named was also good!

Playlist rating - Best. Playlist. Eva/10

I was hoping for your votes and got worried when you said there were others in contention 😂

5: White Walls - Between the Buried and Me
4: Lighterless - Microwave
3: Free Tibet - Hilight Tribe
2: Let the Light In - Lana Del Rey
1: The Lighthouse Song - Josh Pyke
Billy: Slow Dancing in the Dark - Joji

Beyond belief that 6 campaigners can't recognise the greatness in that BTBAM track let alone deem it the worst. I weep for them.

#SongContestResults

Coming in 2nd with 18 votes and 0 Billys is: Parannoul - Polaris, as nominated by Ocha905Votes [1,5,5,4,3]

and your winner
Coming in 1st with 33 votes and 1 Billy is: Doves - Black and White Town, as nominated by Tonga BobVotes [4,2,4,B,2,4,1,5,5,1,5]
Jeses, if I didn't love these guys I'd pour derision onto their song choices because:

1. Never heard of them
2. Lacking composition
3. Inane lyrics
4. Repetive chorus
5. Out of tune instruments
6. Never heard of them

5 Amarante - Light In the Darkness
4 The Last Dinner Party - Caesar on a TV Screen
3 Agnes Obel - Fuel to The Fire
2 Anathema - Sunlight
1 Rain Paris - Lights
B Between the Buried and Me - White Walls

I was hoping for your votes and got worried when you said there were others in contention 😂
Your's and my 5 were the "couldn't possibly leave out" choices. Banga!

Ocha905 I would have given you 5 for Polaris if it's any consolation.
That you enjoyed it is awesome enough haha. 1:55 on the song is probably my favourite moment in any song.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for some old school psychedelia in Pink Floyd even though the "noise only came out of 1 speaker".

Obviously in the days before colour and stereo were invented.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted for some old school psychedelia in Pink Floyd even though the "noise only came out of 1 speaker".

Obviously in the days before colour and stereo were invented.
Dad's old Marantz stereo system could play that out of both speakers with the old mono button

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5: Joji: Slow dancing in the dark

4: Parannoul: ???

3: microwave: lighterless

2: Agnes Oblel: Fuel to the fire

1: Pink Floyd: Let there be more Light

Billy: White Walls: Between the buried and me.

Your's and my 5 were the "couldn't possibly leave out" choices. Banga!

That you enjoyed it is awesome enough haha. 1:55 on the song is probably my favourite moment in any song.
Yeah not bad. I've got a few of Polaris songs on my playlists.

Yeah not bad. I've got a few of Polaris songs on my playlists.

A different band haha. 북극성 (Polaris) is the song name, 파란노을 (Parannoul) the artist's name. The person behind the name is a recluse, not much is known about them.

#SongContestResults
Coming in 18th with 4 votes and 1 Billy is: The Velvet Underground - Beginning to see the Light, as nominated by StokeyVotes [B,4]
Coming in 17th with 6 votes and 1 Billy is: Lesley Gore - Sunshine, Lollypops and Rainbows, as nominated by @Fossie32Votes [1,B,3,1,1]
Coming in 16th with 7 votes and 0 Billys is: Pink Floyd - Let there be more Light, as nominated by DinsdaleVotes [5,1,1]
Coming in 15th with 9 votes and 1 Billy is: Josh Pyke - The Lighthouse Song, as nominated by por_please_yaVotes [B,4,4,1]
Coming in 14th with 11 votes and 6 Billys is: Between the Buried and Me - White Walls, as nominated by NaturalDisasterVotes [B,B,B,1,B,1,1,B,3,5,B]

NaturalDisaster will be sporting this light and dark av for his Billy win
View attachment 1976278
Last for the Velvet Underground!!!

Lies No GIF

Last edited:
Hahahaha you morans making me win, now you get me as a host!

Will get a theme to you soon, was just watching the Big Beach Boutique doco.

Hahahaha you morans making me win, now you get me as a host!

Will get a theme to you soon, was just watching the Big Beach Boutique doco.
As long as it's not a South Pacific Polka theme I'll be happy

Jeses, if I didn't love these guys I'd pour derision onto their song choices because:

1. Never heard of them
2. Lacking composition
3. Inane lyrics
4. Repetive chorus
5. Out of tune instruments
6. Never heard of them
If and when I meet you imma wearing my Doves t-shirt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back