Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

People talk about matchups, but Kemp is only 4cm taller than Cowan whilst having similar agility and speed. Would have dropped Cow before Kemp but I guess we will have to back the MC..
Cripps is 1cm shorter than Kernahan but clearly very different players.

Cox is 19cm taller than Kemp (211 cm v 192 cm). Sure he is a bit of a gumby but they would just take him to the square and kick it in high every time. At least Young at 201 should be able to bring the ball to ground. If Kemp doesn't play on the rucks then the other options are Elliott, McCreery, Schultz and Bobby Hill.
Our backline balance looks good to me - covers Collingwoods small forwards as best we can. No heroics needed to cover resting rucks - just bring it to ground. Interesting to see how we play Mohocek - likes to get up the ground.

Kemp would feel stiff

I don’t mind them picking Young for the matchup with Cox, but I think Kemp is a better option than Cowan as that traditional third tall especially with Gov currently absent.

On the other hand I love Moo holding his spot in the best 22. I predicted he would play in the ones more often than not this year. He will become a very good player.

More controversial dropping the two wingers and bringing in an underdone Cuners. That’s a lot of legs lost. Looks like Cotters will push up the ground despite his good form at HFF, perhaps to do a job on Sidebottom or Daicos and try to burn them the other way.

Looking at their changes (or lack thereof), one of our talls is going to have an incredible mismatch. Like most weeks if we can win the midfield battle we will win the game.

I would've thought Kemp would've earned enough credits for his work so far this year. I imagine he must of really screwed some team and personal targets to get sent back to the 2's. I hope he goes and does the hard work in the VFL and gets called back. He's a keeper and don't want to put his nose out of joint but I worry that it seems Marchbank and McGovern seem to also be preferred to him as well and hope we don't lose him.

Not sold on Orazio and with Cunners he must've been blitzing on the training track because I don't know how much he's been able to do the last few weeks with a calf to have him just be called in to the seniors immediately. At least with Cunners he tends to have a blistering half of football coming back from injuries and fades in the following weeks.

Ollie and Carrol if they're honest with themselves deep down they know they've been struggling of late so I hope they spend a couple in the VFL and work hard. Ollie should call up Stewie Dew or Lance Whitnall for some diet advice and erase Matty Lappins and Kade Simpson's numbers from his speed dial.

Just please don't make Kennedy sub.

Great to have Cerra and cinc in.

Hopefully cunners puts in a good game.

Fantasia needs to deliver.
Cinc provided good overlap run at times last season during our winning run, more of that will be great after defending first of course !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp would feel stiff

I don’t mind them picking Young for the matchup with Cox, but I think Kemp is a better option than Cowan as that traditional third tall especially with Gov currently absent.

On the other hand I love Moo holding his spot in the best 22. I predicted he would play in the ones more often than not this year. He will become a very good player.

More controversial dropping the two wingers and bringing in an underdone Cuners. That’s a lot of legs lost. Looks like Cotters will push up the ground despite his good form at HFF, perhaps to do a job on Sidebottom or Daicos and try to burn them the other way.

Looking at their changes (or lack thereof), one of our talls is going to have an incredible mismatch. Like most weeks if we can win the midfield battle we will win the game.
I feel we'll see Acres and Cotters full time on the wings this week.

With Cowan he has a bit of mongerel in him and awaiting for it fully come out, same with Cinc and Elijah. One thing I appreciate with this team, like Voss, they play hard, fair and are now not allowing themselves to be pushed around (except for Young who is still a bit of gentle giant).

Happy we've swung the axe.

However, I do hope that Kemp isn't a scapegoat for our defence last week, and it's just a matter of not having a proper matchup for him. He's quick enough to play on a medium forward. Either way, I'm perplexed he is a yo-yo in this side.
Think Kemp does some nice intercepts which supporters get excited about.

But he makes some pretty dumb errors and positioning/defensive errors that the coaches would really notice and mark him down for...stuff it's a bit harder for us to notice.

We owe this mob.

I want to finish them tomorrow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah another 'L' to them takes them pretty much out of contention for at least top 2. Because their 6 weeks after that 5 games they'd probably be favourites for (and who knows how Demons will show up for the Kings Birthday game) so their confidence will start to build if they beat us and head into that easy run.

We need to do it for ourselves to keep us in contention for top 4 and for the competition.

Not sure Kemp can be seen as a lock selection, so not a massive shock.
This week felt like a battle between Cowan and Kemp.
Cowan lacks a little offensive flair and Kemp at times lacks some defensive structure.

I am slightly disappointed with the selection, but so far I was completely wrong about the Pitto selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back