Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

Last week pies had 1 best 23 player missing on the injury list
D. McStay and 2 youngsters in Eyre and Steen who aren’t in the conversation, reserves team were stacked with list players…

Last week we had missing
Motlop Cerra Fogarty McGovern Fantasia Martin Marchbank Cuningham Saad along with 1st year youngster M.Carroll as well as Silvagni and Docherty out for the year…

Just for a bit of perspective and clarity…

We're playing a weak Collingwood side. It shouldn't be about whether we win or not, it should be about how much. I'm tipping we blow them away in nearly all stats. Contested ball, stoppages should be massive wins to us.

That means nothing if we don't stop them scoring and score ourselves. Like what happened in the Geelong game, we leaked goal. Our defence is pretty down at the moment. A few defenders out of form and a few really good ones out.

We will play three tall forwards again. So I think we are going to be marking it. But they are three talls so will we be rebounded against? Rebound is a strength of Collingwood so this aspect worries me. We need to mark it and kick straight. Our smalls need to work really hard.

I would not mind us having a tactical sub ready so we can turn to a smaller forward line if the three tall system is not working and we are leaking on the rebound.

I think we will be too good around the ball. Our talls at each end should do well and we will be too good. 5 goal win.

Last week pies had 1 best 23 player missing on the injury list
D. McStay and 2 youngsters in Eyre and Steen who aren’t in the conversation, reserves team were stacked with list players…

Last week we had missing
Motlop Cerra Fogarty McGovern Fantasia Martin Marchbank Cuningham Saad along with 1st year youngster M.Carroll as well as Silvagni and Docherty out for the year…

Just for a bit of perspective and clarity…
My Collingwood mate tried to pull the DeGoey / Mitchell outs on me and then I mentioned all the best 23 that we had missing.

Still haven't heard back from him...

In: Cerra
Out: Binns
Carroll sub

We really should smash them at the clearances tomorrow night without Mitchell and De Goey.

Get it forwards of centre quickly and don't allow them to push back in numbers.

We simply should win.

Blues by 5 goals.
We smashed Geelong at clearances last week didn't turn out too well for us. It's stopping the goals from turnovers where the game will be won and lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess he doesn't really have a matchup with Weitering on Mihocek and Young taking the resting ruck. But in all fairness I'd probably take an undersized Kemp over Young atm
If it wasn't for the two ruck setup kind of demanding TDK be our third tall, I would have put Kemp forward to do the JSOS type roll.

I tell ya what.... I bloody love Voss.
When is the last time we had a coach hold our players to account both publicly and then followed it up at team selection.

Very much a ruthless "no passengers" approach.

Bloody love it.
Been a very long time since we've been in a position like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back