Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Roys FFC v Baghdad Bombers at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

They sound like Punk Metal. Sounds okay but
Indeed it's punk metal. I don't normally like metal. I know you do. I do like some punk. Therefore I found some place we might meet :)

Indeed it's punk metal. I don't normally like metal. I know you do. I do like some punk. Therefore I found some place we might meet :)
Punk Metal is a thing but small though. I listen to Küntsquad from Melbourne

I used to like Cheetahchrome Mother*ers back in the day.
I saw this weird Japanese band once when they supported Tankard. They were Punk Metal. Their English wasn’t the best, so their song titles didn’t make much sense but I can’t remember their name though

I saw this weird Japanese band once when they supported Tankard. They were Punk Metal. Their English wasn’t the best, so their song titles didn’t make much sense but I can’t remember their name though
Just looked it up, Abigail is their name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw most of my Russian friends are Siberian nutters who do often recommend music that they say is "heavy" but it always feels like every song is the one ballad tune from what should be otherwise a metal album :D

The tribal bands in Altay and Mongolia etc concentrate much more on heavy emotion in the vocals than the sound itself or the music of the instruments - always feels like the song is gonna burst at some point but always stays brooding. Lots of throat singing etc which is certainly really potent sounding, but just never really metal. I do have one mate on the far east end (eg nearly Alaska) but admittedly I've never swapped music with him. Now I'm curious as to what their native/pop crossovers would sound like way out there.

The Altay bands are usually just full hot hot chicks making catchy music combined with eye candy :D

Pretty hard to find music weirder than niche Japanese genre music hahaha. I think Baby Metal is from Japan :D And there was that all-girl band that stripped completely naked when performing. To say it was an eye-opener is an understatement.

Pretty hard to find music weirder than niche Japanese genre music hahaha. I think Baby Metal is from Japan :D And there was that all-girl band that stripped completely naked when performing. To say it was an eye-opener is an understatement.
Baby Metal are indeed Japanese but too corny for me. I like Lovebites, Coffins and Desecravity from Japan.

Most people who go checking out music from far off lands will probably already know about Otyken. It's not heavy at all (despite their stances ahahaha) but this is a very cool tune with such a gorgeous ensemble (and clearly they know it).

They draw from cultures north of Krasnoyarsk. I know multiple people from Kras and some came to the city from the north, but just not from THIS far north. It's like another world, and the folks in Kras would say the same thing about it.

Alternatively, Altay krai is generally south of Kras near the border, chockers with mountain ranges and strange deer (and the Denisova cave!) and some interesting tribal-inspired pop bands represent that region too.

Acknowledge Me The Shield GIF by SportsManias

Remove this Banner Ad

Back