Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Wilson though.
Doubt he beats Reid, but yeah consistently top 5 best runner in games, for both sides, getting better each game, spending time forward on the W/E and snagged 21 touches and 3 goals.

very impressive kid

Rowell had racked up three perfect 10s in the coaches votes and nine Brownlow votes in his first four games.

This isn't anything against Reid; it's just that people saying what he's doing is unprecedented have short memories.

The coverage Reid is getting for the little he is doing is pretty absurd. Rowell was MILES ahead and got no way near the coverage.

You'd think he was BOG against us on the weekend..............

Darcy Wilson for me.
Just getting better and better. A very quiet kid so not demanding the footy at times when he can and even should.
Nobody can go with him and he can torch teams on the turnover.
He is evolving by the week, his confidence is growing as is his coach and teammates in him.
God he hasn’t even barely played on a wing yet and been utilised on the switch but it’s not far off.
Gun

Wardlaw impacting games as much as Reid so far, just doesnt have an Elliot Yeo or Tim Kelly next to him to help.

The funny thing is if North win a couple of games Mckercher probably comes over the top of everyone. His numbers could reach the heights similar to that of the past two winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is I couldnt give a shit who wins the Rhys Palmer award.

Unlike the NBA it just means and shows nothing because ultimately players are not mature enough for this award to really mean anything.

I think as a whole, AFL players start their careers too early which has been forced on us due to the oversaturation of teams we have compared to the talent pool. In a more ideal world the playing age would be 20 as your draft year

So, just to recap the last page, everyone thinks a player from their club should totally be leading the Rising Star.

Probably not everyone, but it sounds like not everyone said the player from your club should totally be leading the Rising Star which might make it feel like the whole world is being a big meanie to you.

What made you think I wasn't part of everyone ;)

If I thought you were experiencing icky sad feelings because not everyone else said the player from your team, what else would I think besides you being as you described the "everyone"?

Wilson and Windsor calls are genuine jokes.

Reid still chopping them in 90% of stats.

Wardlaw getting closer.

via here https://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp

Player Totals

PlayerMTKAvgHAvgDAvgMAvgHOAvgTAvgFFFAGAvgBSCRatAvg
Caleb Windsor8627.8536.611514.4222.800212.65230.432146257.8
Darcy Wilson88310.4425.312515.6384.800141.8528175555769.6
George Wardlaw151258.31147.623915.9432.900765.1241750.3333104269.5
Harley Reid7486.97510.712317.6152.100233.3161050.713144864
Totals383188.42847.560215.81183.1001343.55031210.614140250966

Considering the position Wilson plays one could easily argue he's ahead of Reid statistically. To say it's a 'genuine joke' to compare them is ridiculous. As someone who likes both and with no preference to either I'd point out that the only 'genuine joke' here is your bias.

I'd obviously still be taking Reid ahead of any player in the draft (and Wardlaw) but based on performances this season thus far he's not miles ahead of anyone.

The coverage Reid is getting for the little he is doing is pretty absurd. Rowell was MILES ahead and got no way near the coverage.

You'd think he was BOG against us on the weekend..............
Rowell played four games before going down for the season. If he'd played a few more at that level he would have built into it and got a lot more exposure, despite playing for the GC.

Still can’t believe we gave pick 5 for Watson, but that’s your s**t Hawthorn recruiters for you. Lucky Calsher fell on their lap…..
You can't really be out on Watson can you? He's doing everything right aside from kicking points and his history as a clean finisher suggests that changes very quickly. Every indication is he'll be a very good small forward and worth the pick.

Windsor and Wilson have started very well but there hasn't really been a standout player so far picked behind him either.

Who would you have picked instead of him?

Reality is I couldnt give a s**t who wins the Rhys Palmer award.

Unlike the NBA it just means and shows nothing because ultimately players are not mature enough for this award to really mean anything.

I think as a whole, AFL players start their careers too early which has been forced on us due to the oversaturation of teams we have compared to the talent pool. In a more ideal world the playing age would be 20 as your draft year
Maybe historically it was not that accurate but the last 5 years have seen some very good players get it and they don't appear to be missing as much anymore.

Sam Walsh
Caleb Serong
Luke Jackson
Nick Daicos
Harry Sheezel

All A graders with a fair bit of upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back