Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

It’d be like comparing Darcy Wilson’s kilometres ran, or speed to others.
They all have their own unique strengths and abilities and are all very enjoyable to watch. No idea why anyone gets so invested in trying to forlornly outline why one is so much better, when quite clearly at this point none are standouts.
They are just a great collection of talent to watch play.
WTF is this?

How does a comment like this belong on this site?

Wingman always do better early in their careers than contested players due to requiring less strength. Their ceiling is lower though if they can only be wingmen - Look at O Hollands from Carlton
Wilson will play wing now, in fact he’s not even doing that he’s mainly forward, but I think he will play in the middle and all over the place in time.

Seeing Wilson get a kick out of the back pocket and then thirty seconds later see him take a mark inside 50 is something that no longer surprises me. He can run all day. He's not the match winner kind of player that Reid is shaping into though.
Wilson's work rate and cardio will get him a fair few joe the gooses in his AFL career.

Wingman always do better early in their careers than contested players due to requiring less strength. Their ceiling is lower though if they can only be wingmen - Look at O Hollands from Carlton
Don’t agree at all tbh. Think it’s usually the opposite. Contested mid players usually outperform Other positions

For he at this stage

Top group
Wilson, Wardlaw, Reid

Next best:
Dempsey, Windsor, Darcy, Roberts, Mckercher, Draper

On the cusp:
Sanders, Duursma, Darcy Jones

Incredible group of players, all look set to make a mark and no doubt more will reveal themselves throughout the years, looks a great draft/s.

I think if Wardlaw plays 20 games it isn't certain Harley wins.
Wardlaw would be more likely to win if his team was better.
It doesn't really matter if Reid wins or not for his long term future. If he doesn't get injured and improves, that is great.
Next year will be a better indication of how good he is anyway.
He probably won't grow as much as other first year players, but will improve his tank more than other players do.
Don't get me wrong, Wardlaw is a decent kid, but he's just not as good or as impactful as Reid.

if both play ~20 games this year, Reid will be ahead, and clearly.

For he at this stage

Top group
Wilson, Wardlaw, Reid

Next best:
Dempsey, Windsor, Darcy, Roberts, Mckercher, Draper

On the cusp:
Sanders, Duursma, Darcy Jones

Incredible group of players, all look set to make a mark and no doubt more will reveal themselves throughout the years, looks a great draft/s.
Maybe McKercher to join that top group, but agree with the list.

Good work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For *s sake. That is not the question. The question was if he is more impactful than Reid.

Reid who leads him in goals, goal assists, clearances and players dumped on their arse.
Leads him by the bearest margins, meanwhile Wardlaw needs him in tackles, contested possessions etc. I'm just saying it's not a foregone conclusion that Reid is way out in front and Wardlaw is as impactful and he's still only spending 70% tog.

Wardlaw is an out and out gun who has shown a lot more to me than Reid so far - not to say Reid isn't impressive, but he's clearly the kind of player who will need a bit more time to maintain his impact across a full game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back