Analysis Owens vs Sheezel, Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Using the afl.com.au stats comparison tool where, "Player Benchmarking - Ratings are calculated against other players in the same on-field position", I have tallied each rating of Owens and Sheezel. 4 points for being elite, 2 for above average, 1 for average, and -1 for below average. I looked at Ashcroft and Amiss too, however, they only achieved one elite stat between them! You can use your own points values if you like, it won't change the result anyway...

1693142063613.png

1693142159999.jpeg

I excluded Owens' ruck work initially, so I've added that seperately here. Even more of a runaway:

1693142592805.png

Well done to Sheezel too for having a great season. Both Sandringham boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humphrey was outstanding for The Suns.

They escaped the infamous pick 6 curse :)
A number of exciting kids and I’m sure there are a few of them that will explode over the next 2-3 years.

I just love watching Humphrey play.

A number of exciting kids and I’m sure there are a few of them that will explode over the next 2-3 years.

I just love watching Humphrey play.

Talent wise, I think Humphrey is arguably the 3rd best kid from his class (after Ashcroft and Sheezel) but fell to the Suns cause of injury concerns before the draft.

Gold Coast have done a lot of things wrong over the years, but picking Bailey Humphrey is hopefully a sign they have finally got their act together, and they already extended his contract.

Sheezel keeps on getting underated by everyone, he wasn't even playing in a position he has played before. Wait till he gets on the ball/forward. when ever he played forward he was dangerous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back