Prediction Harry Sheezel - Can he be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Harry Sheezel

The Sheezel Effect - 'i reckon if you swapped sheez for daicos both of their teams fortunes would remain the same' - BringFevBack2021 - 19th March 2024.

We have never seen a player do what he has done in his first season. Many people have said he was the best first year player since Chris Judd. Chris Judd didn't do what Harry Sheezel did in his first season.

Barring injury in 2024, he will sweep every individual award on offer.

Given team performance should not be a necessary factor in determining an individual players ability (as evidenced by Nick Daicos still being held in high regard despite his teams poor start to 2024) there is no need to discuss Sheezels team performance. Just know, that when the mighty Kangaroos rise up the ladder once more that Sheezel will play a substantial role in determining the outcome of crunch games.

I'm predicting it is a matter of when, not if, we're anointing Harry Sheezel as the AFL GOAT.

Last edited:
When a player is such a good ball user and decision maker in the way GAJ was, and Sheezel is, why wouldn't a team do everything they can to get the ball into the hands of these players when they are in space.

Notwithstanding the fact that players like GAJ and Sheezel get so many possessions that they actually generally rack up more contested possessions than 99% of other players in the competition... people have to resort to % of possessions as contested to talk these players down...

When a player is such a good ball user and decision maker in the way GAJ was, and Sheezel is, why wouldn't a team do everything they can to get the ball into the hands of these players when they are in space.

Notwithstanding the fact that players like GAJ and Sheezel get so many possessions that they actually generally rack up more contested possessions than 99% of other players in the competition... people have to resort to % of possessions as contested to talk these players down...
Contested ball is a false metric. A loose ball get is considered contested. So faster than your opponent means contested

You do realise there can only be one goat, yeah?

The G stands for Greatest.

You can’t have more than one Greatest.

Yeah one is correct, you do realise that sheezal is a midfield and larkey is a key fwd right?

One word, Messi.

We are building a team around him. Larkey is another who will be GOAT. All we need is find a good defender...
McKercher looked a natural in his first game, you guys have some serious talent building up. A decent defender or two and north will be in the top 4 within a few years. Sheezel is unbelievably good and it's only his 2nd year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah one is correct, you do realise that sheezal is a midfield and larkey is a key fwd right?
You just said he is another. Didn’t specify different position.

And considering you’ve already had the OG G in that position (Duck) you can’t claim Larkey.

Needs to get himself out of the backline and seagulling cheap disposals.

Great first year but he needs to now move up the ground/midfield where can have a greater impact on the game.

Weekends game, 32 disposals. 13 were in the defensive 50 arc and only 4 disposals in the forward half of the ground according to the Telstra Tracker. This also doesn’t take into account his 5 kickouts, so 18 disposals in the defensive arc.

Ontop of that, only 4 inside 50s and 1 clearance.

That’s not enough.

Great for fantasy but hopefully we see his game develop past that this year.

I can see Toby Pink fulfilling the defensive GOAT request
Jeebus, Toby Pink is real!? I had him for ages in my AFL Evolution 2 team, I just assumed he was one of the randomly generated recruits in the game lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back