Harry McKay 2024 Brownlow Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Well he is on track for 60+ goals this season. Is any forward who does that merely doing their job?

He is also doing lots of marking up the ground, 2nd rucking etc.

In short he has been one of the 2-3 best players on the ground in each of our first 3 games. If that is just par for a big forward, you must really hate Charlie Dixon, Todd Marshall etc.

Jeez you’re a sensitive lot.

He’s played likely 2 bottom 4 teams and kicked a couple goals and people are calling him out as the biggest star off the game and a Brownlow fancy. Bit much hey?

Dixon is also on track by your logic to kick 60 this year. Going at 2.5 a game so far. So should be all be cheering him on like this?

He’s on a 7 year deal and likely on huge coin. He’s doing what he supposed to do when on that kind of contract.

The beaten no one argument is funny. I think we are an almost definite top 6 and possible top 4 side from what I thought from before this year and now.

Not sure what we have done in first 3 games would lower their opinion of Carlton. Unless you just really want to think we suck cos you don’t like us.

Irrelevant. I'm wasn't hating on Carlton in my post, just pointing out that Carlton have played three struggling sides, and two of them have KPD issues - so not surprising that a big key forward has done well.

It would be refreshing to see a forward win one, even if it’s another Carlton player who have already undeservedly won two Brownlows in recent years
It would be - but it won't be Harry. Buddy in 2008 would have been deserving.

Irrelevant. I'm wasn't hating on Carlton in my post, just pointing out that Carlton have played three struggling sides, and two of them have KPD issues - so not surprising that a big key forward has done well.
So is beating Freo on neutral ground next week in the SA team free win round a pass mark or we still not have beaten anyone?

Struggling to see who we have to beat right now as every excuse under the sun is being made for anyone we despatch of.

The sides they’ve beaten are 0-9 so that needs to be considered to some degree at least but you can only beat who you’re up against and he’s clearly playing a lot better than he was last year

This thread is about Harry McKay.

Can't help you if you feel insecure about Carton :)
You are the Cats version of Fadge.

Congrats to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be refreshing to see a forward win one, even if it’s another Carlton player who have already undeservedly won two Brownlows in recent years
Dane Swan was intubated on the interchange bench in his brownlow the fat pig - that’s the only reason he won it, 100 rotations and 100 intubations

Jeez you’re a sensitive lot.

He’s played likely 2 bottom 4 teams and kicked a couple goals and people are calling him out as the biggest star off the game and a Brownlow fancy. Bit much hey?

Dixon is also on track by your logic to kick 60 this year. Going at 2.5 a game so far. So should be all be cheering him on like this?

He’s on a 7 year deal and likely on huge coin. He’s doing what he supposed to do when on that kind of contract.

Well if Dixon got 60+ you’d be very happy of course.

Just saying that it’s a baseline for literally any key forward who’s on a decent contract would mean 15+ guys kick that many a year, when they don’t.

It’s more a matter of the goalposts keep shifting for people to claim we are no good.

People (including myself) see us as a likely top 6 and possible top 4 side, unless your baseline expectation is we look like flag favourites, not sure what people are expecting.

At this rate we’ll win go 25-0, win the flag and BigFooty will just claim it was a weak season or something…

Well it does happen to all teams, people claim that about Essendon 2000.

Or any side that ends up dominant do it in a weak era or something. Until 30 years passed and people just see the raw stats and see all those sides as GOATs

Well if Dixon got 60+ you’d be very happy of course.

Just saying that it’s a baseline for literally any key forward who’s on a decent contract would mean 15+ guys kick that many a year, when they don’t.

I don’t think to many key forwards are on 7 year 800k contracts.

That kind of contract is reserved for the best forwards.

Maybe have high expectations but if any Port forward was commanding that contract, I’d sure as hell expect them to be playing as McKay is now.

He’s playing excellent no doubt but that should be his norm on that deal.

I don’t think to many key forwards are on 7 year 800k contracts.

That kind of contract is reserved for the best forwards.

Maybe have high expectations but if any Port forward was commanding that contract, I’d sure as hell expect them to be playing as McKay is now.

He’s playing excellent no doubt but that should be his norm on that deal.

Well last year was below par, this year is really good so far. Mind you if his kicking for goal was similar last year to this year, he’d have scored near on 50 goals which would have been fine.

Naughton is contracted until 2032 and on a similar contract to Harry. Hipwood contracted until 2029, that’s off the top of my head, a couple of examples.

I don’t think being best couple of players on the ground every single game is a pass mark (that’s not likely to continue either).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back