Any stock tips? - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Any stock tips?

Same question guys..Do I get out of MHL? Cut my losses and take the 30% loss and move on...Or do I persist.

BHP as always has been good to me (I wouldn't mind putting more money in there) :)

Same question guys..Do I get out of MHL? Cut my losses and take the 30% loss and move on...Or do I persist.

BHP as always has been good to me (I wouldn't mind putting more money in there) :)

Depends on the outlay etc. It might be wise to sell 50% and keep 50% of your MHL, but personally im not sure how much further BHP can go. Id stay away from it

Cut your losses, throw your net proceeds into a CMC account and trade like a real man.

BHP, RIO, MAH, SEK, MBL just a few to look.

Or even just trade the index- thats fun in itself.

Cut your losses, throw your net proceeds into a CMC account and trade like a real man.

BHP, RIO, MAH, SEK, MBL just a few to look.

Or even just trade the index- thats fun in itself.

If I cut my losse's I am going to turn my back on the Junior explorer's.

It'll be going straight into BHP, WOW or ANZ

still? Good tip though, It's running well, 25% in a month.

My big miss this month was ABY, I narrowed my choices to 4, bought 3, not being this one and it's up 30% in 2 weeks :( That was after getting out of CSM at $4.27 a couple of weeks ago, it hit $5.10 yesterday :(

My big miss this month was ABY, I narrowed my choices to 4, bought 3, not being this one and it's up 30% in 2 weeks :( That was after getting out of CSM at $4.27 a couple of weeks ago, it hit $5.10 yesterday :(

I think $2 is gettable, perhaps wait until a few days before the next report and see where me thinks it will go next month.

For a speccy, INT, though I'm yet to buy any, thinking of just buying $1,000 worth.

KSX I'm hoping is going to do well.

OVR looks stupidly undervalued to me. $28 million market cap, $12.5 million cash in the bank and Zinc estimates of 5.92Mt at 8.27% Zn equivalent. Independent drilling results to come in sometime between now and December, expect this to hit the roof if the results match the estimates.

Pointless question time

What is the biggest single rise in a share price in one day trading?

Gone up %6 so far today, I will be selling before next report, think there is a drop coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the plus side TTY is up 16% today after 11% on Friday, hit $1.16.
I'm looking for it to hit $1.40.

We've all got speccys, but I have been putting a fair bit of cash into BBI- Babcock and Brown Infrastructure.

Reasons are: Top 100 stock, will pay a 15c dividend this year ( about 8.6% yield ) and has forecast a dividend growth of at least 5%. And the stock has been going up about 15 c a year. I bought in when it floated at $1 about 4 years ago, so my return is now 30c per year, and rising.
And the dividends are tax deferred, which means tax is paid when the stock is sold in the form of capital gains ( less 50% for being held more than 1 year) They are into energy, energy distribution and ports. Have a good think about the return each year, beats carting bricks or digging trenches.

A couple of speccys for the bottom drawer, EPG and URA.

Anyone here hold INP? If so, well done today.

Anyway onto CIG- they have their rig in place and their first drilling announcement is due in a week or two. They will then drill another 10 wells over the next 6 months, meaning a lot of sensitive information will be flowing into the market over that time. A good result will see this shareprice moving. Have a look (as a speccie buy) before its to late.

Here are some pictures of oil seeping from the ground they are drilling:

HS%20Ashwaz-Charvak%20009[1].jpg

Sulukta%20seep.jpg

http://www.caspianogl.com/sulukta_project.21.html

Hope they strike some oil!

Pointless question time

What is the biggest single rise in a share price in one day trading?

Not sure exacatly, but I know Minotaur Resources Ltd shares went crazy over a very short period. I will post their share chart if I can find it.

I've received a couple of tips from friends today.

Friend #1 said not to buy anything until next year. She is a day trader and although looking bullish at the moment, she thinks the market is set up in a perfect position to crash. Not sure what I think of that...

Friend #2 said to buy ZRL. They're an emerging copper/gold company that is posting some superb results and is only expected to go up. Any thoughts on this one?

I've received a couple of tips from friends today.

Friend #1 said not to buy anything until next year. She is a day trader and although looking bullish at the moment, she thinks the market is set up in a perfect position to crash. Not sure what I think of that...

Friend #2 said to buy ZRL. They're an emerging copper/gold company that is posting some superb results and is only expected to go up. Any thoughts on this one?

Yer i think friend 1 is on the money, market looks to good. A BIG fall is going to happen soon. Some ppl say october

Yer i think friend 1 is on the money, market looks to good. A BIG fall is going to happen soon. Some ppl say october

I think that a solid correction/crash is looming also, not sure about when but sometime in the next 12 months seems likely. Current bull market, which continues to set record highs almost daily, with looming interest rate rises here and the US on the bring of a possible recession (watch for employment figures which are getting released this Fri I believe) doesn't spell good news.

The thing that i'm debating is whether or not it's worth while waiting around with my money doing nothing in the bank for a "crash" to occur or should I just get in and hope for the best? A stock like BHP is currently appealing....anyone got any thoughts on this dilemma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back