Food/Supplements 60 Day Ostarine Log (SARMS)

Remove this Banner Ad

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Hey fellas. In the supps and enhancers thread I brought up the topic of starting an Ostarine cycle and keeping a log of it to which one or two people said they would appreciate me posting my experience.

I've done about a week now and I'll post what I've got so far:

Day One

Have my first 20mg dose. Train ‘pull today’ and have a really good intense workout. Undoubtedly due to some placebo effect as well as the pre workout I had (which I rarely have).

Day Two

Train ‘push'. No increase in lifts but have a general sense of well-being (which others have reported) and my friend and I both notice we have constant pumps that last the day (far more than usual).

Day Three

Constantly have energy and had a really intense leg workout. The pumps in my legs were definitely bigger than I usually get. I notice my skin is starting to get bad acne but this is undoubtedly due to my diet being bad the past few days (my skin is very sensitive to this).

Day Four

Rest day. Appetite is enormous at the moment.

Day Five

Had a night of poor sleep then had sex before the gym so it’s fair to say I wasn’t in the right mindset before this chest session. Didn’t make any strength gains per se but I managed to build momentum as the session went and had energy from start to finish, more so than usual. Acne still present but I’m still confident this is due to diet and will be gone shortly. Not looking bigger per se but seem to have that permanent ‘after-gym’ pump and so I feel good.

Day Six

Had a 12 hour day at uni so was going to have the day off, decided to go in for a late night back sesh. it was solid, no strength gains per se yet (I’ve been eating at a 300 calorie surplus this week too). I feel like I’m looking in good shape but still think my muscles just look fuller and I’m not bigger or leaner yet.

Day Seven

Acne has cleared. Probably slightly stronger in the gym. My muscle endurance has notably increased I am lasting longer and longer in the gym now before getting too fatigued.

Was told that weeks 2-4 is where the gains start so I'm hoping they kick in soon. Happy to answer any questions that may crop up.

What's your current stats? Height, weight, BF% ......just out of interest

I'm really interested in this, just because I think SARMS are a load of s**t. After reading most retailers claiming you'll put on 10lb of muscle in 4 weeks I'd really love to know exactly how far from the truth that is.

OP did you take any measurements before starting the cycle? DEXA scan or anything?

Fingers crossed the bad skin is a result of bad diet. Ain't no way I'll go near this if there are negative side effects.

Yeah man I'm all cleared up now. I've always been super sensitive to diet and it stopped as soon as I dropped off the milk intake for a few days haha.

What's your current stats? Height, weight, BF% ......just out of interest

187cm, 83kg and roughly 12-13%. Interestingly up to 85kg now so thats 2kg gain in 9 days which would be no doubt mostly water so far.

Can I ask what dietary guidelines do you follow?
Do you eat lean, paleo, hflc or just lots of protein?

Pretty relaxed man. I eat at a 300 calorie surplus (so 3k cals a day) and just a general IIFYM approach. I aim for a 40/30/30 split between carbs, protein and fat (puts me at roughly 200g of protein).

I'm really interested in this, just because I think SARMS are a load of s**t. After reading most retailers claiming you'll put on 10lb of muscle in 4 weeks I'd really love to know exactly how far from the truth that is.

OP did you take any measurements before starting the cycle? DEXA scan or anything?

Yeah fair enough man. I certainly don't buy into all the hype that gets put on this product but having read the experiences of others I thought it was worth a try.

Unfortunately didn't go to that much trouble, but that would've been pretty worthwhile. My main KPI's will be body weight, my lifts and whether or not I look bigger/fatter than the approx 13% I was when I started. Sorry.

Unfortunately didn't go to that much trouble, but that would've been pretty worthwhile. My main KPI's will be body weight, my lifts and whether or not I look bigger/fatter than the approx 13% I was when I started. Sorry.
You taking photos too? It can be hard to tell small changes looking in the mirror week by week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day Eight
Trained back, maintained strength from the last session which saw a slight gain. Looking at myself in the mirror I’m definitely looking better than I was a week ago. I can say with confidence I’ve made a very solid improvement for 8 days.

Day Nine
Trained chest this morning. Made some noticeable gains on my bench but nothing else, got out 80 for 6 when last session I was struggling to do 75 for 8. Hopefully this is the start of some real progress.

Days 10/11
Rest

Day 12
Trained back. I’ve been deadlifting pretty light weights as I’ve always had a dodgy back but jumped up 20kg with relative ease today and within 5kg of my PB. Could be a bit of a ‘regains’ situation but will monitor to see if I keep improving like this. Rest of session was solid.

Day 13
Trained chest. Maintained the strength gains made in bench and without a spotter too so have to see this as a slight gain.

Day 14
Leg day. Got my deadlift back up to 110kg for 4 reps which has equalled my personal best. Up until this stage my progress could be put down to regains but if I continue on the trajectory I’m currently on I’ll be satisfied that the Ostarine is definitely having an effect. Was told by one or two friends I am ‘looking big’ at the moment so I’ve got to be happy with how it’s going so far.

FWIW I took a rig selfie on Day 13 for comparison at the end of the cycle. If I'm honest I'm looking closer to 14-15% than the 12-13 I felt I was two weeks ago. Could be water, could be over doing the cals. I'll wait and see for a bit.

Day 15
Trained chest. Benched 85 x 4 which is my equal best, likewise for my shoulder press which is back at 27.5 x 4. Didn’t have a spotter for either and this is a definite gain. Officially back at PB level for all my major compounds (and lifts generally I think). Eating is currently my favourite thing to do. Also I’ve noticed I don’t get DOMS much at all at the moment. Normally leg day kills me within 48 hours and it never does at the moment and I’m certain this is a result of the Ostarine.

Day 16-17
Rest Days

Day 18
Trained back solidly, no gains.

Day 19
Rest

Day 20

Normally my gym performance suffers when I’m recovering from being sick like I was over the weekend but I went straight back into it without missing a beat. Feeling like this is as a result of the Osta. Hit a new bench PB on chest day (87.5kg) and felt like I trained well. I’m keeping a spreadsheet of my lifts and my PB’s at the moment and I’ll probably post those after weeks 4 and 8.

Day 21

Trained legs, upped my deadlift by 5kg, but for only 2 reps instead of 5, so hard to gauge. Had a really high energy, intense session even after playing my first game of 5 a side soccer just hours before (so, so unfit).

Day 22
Trained back with slight strength gains.

Day 23
Trained chest and hit 90x3 for the first time ever. Also weighing in at about 85.5kg.

Day 24
Trained legs really well. Looking much leaner for some reason but weight and strength is maintained.

Day 25
Rest Day.

Day 26

Pretty standard back day, slight increase in cable pull down. Didn’t deadlift, wasn’t feeling it.

Day 27
Trained chest and hit 90x4 again despite being tired after soccer. Hit gains in some isolation stuff and general stamina was very good.

Day 28

Trained legs and very intensely tonight with good stamina. Deadlift is up to 120kg for 4 reps. Big, quick increases in deads lately.

So after 4 weeks I'm basically halfway through the cycle. Some points:
  • I'm sitting somewhere between 85-85.5kg at the moment so that's an increase of 2 or so kilos in the month.
  • My lifts have increased very significantly especially in bench and dead lifts.
  • My strength gains have been very quick, almost session to session.
  • Body fat composition seems to be similar to what it was when I started, approx 13-14% (photos will be posted in time)
  • Acne appeared fleetingly but I am prone to this when I eat a caloric surplus, for the most part it has been a non issue.
  • Muscle stamina has increased exponentially. I find I never want to leave the gym early at the moment, and can train while in a bad mood, tired or hungry and my performance is still strong, something I'd never had before. This may either be directly or indirectly linked to Ostarine.
  • Overall I'm forced to conclude it has been worthwhile and I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks of the cycle.

Sorry guys I've been real slack at logging lately. I wasn't keeping a day by day log as such but I can provide summaries of each week lately.

Days 29-35:

Slight increases in everything, but the progression has slowed. Sex drive at the moment is enormous.

Days 36-42:

This week saw me stagnate, although I am now weighing it at about 87kg. I feel if I'm honest though this has been from overeating rather than muscle gains and I'm feeling flabbier than I was 2 weeks ago. Probably time to moderate that a bit more.

Days 43-48:

After stagnating a little more, I decide to up the daily dosage (double: 40mg). When I did this I felt that sense of well-being come back, and a desire to hit the gym. Made gains immediately. Did this for half the week then got violently ill with a virus and have barely eaten in days, and I've already dropped a couple of kilos. Today I was able to come back and do a session at about 50% but this has been a frustrating setback.

I'm not sure exactly how many capsules I have left but since I missed a few days in there due to illness I think I'll just drop back to one capsule a day for the rest of it and try and consolidate what I've gained.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back