2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be wrong but I thought winneleah might have folded ? And with Scottsdale they might just join the magpies ?

They just won the flag, surely they didn't fold already?

Good to see the clubs did the right thing and voted the 2 clubs in, St Helens had been wanting to join for quite some time.

But who wants to travel to st.Helens? The furthest distance to travel is either beauty point or Perth, all depends where you live. That's one of the reasons a lot of people from back from div 1 to div 2, less travel

Can Nearly guarantee that Stoltenberg will leave the hawks and play with St Helens
has always said he would never play against his beloved hometown!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any other team structure changes to Div 1 or Div 2 pending?
Is there a confirmed change from u19 to u18? If so, is this for Div 1 sides only or will Div 2 clubs like Prospect and Old Scotch be able to field u18 but have seniors as Div 2?

Are there any other team structure changes to Div 1 or Div 2 pending?
Is there a confirmed change from u19 to u18? If so, is this for Div 1 sides only or will Div 2 clubs like Prospect and Old Scotch be able to field u18 but have seniors as Div 2?

Under 18s is definitely happening, just div 1 teams.
Talk of a second under 18 league happening with Prospect, East Launceston, Launceston and North playing in a 4 team league.

Under 18s is definitely happening, just div 1 teams.
Talk of a second under 18 league happening with Prospect, East Launceston, Launceston and North playing in a 4 team league.
Thanks for update. Be better off having the one u18 comp regardless of who is in Div 1

Prospect and scotch wanted an u18s team but stay in div2 and the other clubs voted against it. Rightly so too. Not fair on dub one clubs to have to find more trainers volunteers etc. scotch have won how many flags now imo they should have a crack at div 1. Launceston and north wanted to join the18s and were apparently told if they set up the same as Devonport and Burnie than yes but just sole 18s is a no for these reasons above.

Clubs outside div one only really interested due to the points system now in place where they count as one where they more points if come from another club in the future

Bridport and St. Helens joined div2 last night

Bridport was the team I grew up watching. I know the NEFU has been on deaths door for a few years now, and I know that Bridport had to move lest they find themselves in the situation that Winnaleah are in now - but it's sad for those of us who've been involved.

Perhaps sadder is that, for someone who has lived interstate for a long time now, and who only gets news of the goings on of the NEFU here and on the Examiner's web page, from a distance it seems like that brawl involving Lilydale and Ringarooma was almost the final death knell.

I dunno... I know this was inevitable, and I'm glad that Bridport have somewhere to play next year. I guess it saddens me because walking the 10 minutes from my grandmothers house to watch the Seagulls play the surrounding towns, and experiencing those NEFU rivalries was a big part of my childhood and fostered my love for Australian football - and it fostered the long since diminished relationships with extended family; it also saddens me as a "displaced" Tasmanian to know how inevitable this was because these little towns that I used to visit with my grandmother barely exist any more, and in as much as they still exist they have lost the sense of community that revolved around the local footy team that everyone either played for or volunteered for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back