2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if he will have some involvement in Sports Today now Croc Media has taken that over?

He calls for Fox on Saturday and Sunday so it would be strange if they recruit him just for Friday nights.

I think the new radio deal means SEN don't produce any games, it's all relayed through Croc Media so there probably isn't much of a role left for him at SEN.

Regardless I think all football commentary roles at 3AW and SEN are up for grabs.

I wonder if he will have some involvement in Sports Today now Croc Media has taken that over?

He calls for Fox on Saturday and Sunday so it would be strange if they recruit him just for Friday nights.

I think the new radio deal means SEN don't produce any games, it's all relayed through Croc Media so there probably isn't much of a role left for him at SEN.

Regardless I think all football commentary roles at 3AW and SEN are up for grabs.
With FOX getting a 4th game, i wonder who FOX would use? Matt Garland and Bret Phillps seem to be the best bet, but Karl Langdon or Drew Moprhett could be considered. Tony Leonard from 3AW could be another choice too.

What i meant to say is now FOX has 4 games to produce(1.40, 3.20, 4.35, and 7.25 or 7.40pm) on Saturdays, hence the need for extra callers. that's where Matt Garland and Bret Phillps would be used. Last year, they did a game on the week when a 5.10pm game was played on Saturday.

Garry Lyon is set to return to SEN, 12 years after he spoke the first words on the station as part of the Morning Glory breakfast team in January 2004.

Now Lyon is set to return to the same timeslot, with Channel 7’s Hamish McLachlan earmarked as a potential on-air partner.

McLachlan has also been earmarked as a caller by SEN, with an obvious vacancy existing should Anthony Hudson accept an offer to join rival 3AW.

McLachlan is also in the running to replace Dennis Cometti as Seven’s Friday night partner for Bruce McAvaney.

James Brayshaw is said to have placed a call to Seven bosses, sounding out the possibility of calling football next year, with Brayshaw having told friends he doesn’t expect to have a heavy cricket schedule this summer.
----------------
Yikes! :eek:

JB would be good in prime time calling. I'm not sure who c7 or anyone for that matter is surveying re: Hamish literally no one likes him such a bland caller/personality.

I doubt very much JB is making any calls the HS love to hate him.

Would have loved Garry back on MMM

If JB is coming to 7 I'd much prefer him to parter with Bruce than Hamish. Hamish can host the pre and post game show on the Friday, that I don't care about so much.

Anyway if JB does make the move looks like that will spell the end of The Footy Show. Can't see Bec hosting alone, and obviously Lyon won't be returning, so that sounds like it's done and dusted sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I like JB as a caller and I think he would be perfect for Seven. I am not such a fan of him as part of the rub.

There won't be much room for commentators at Seven as they lose a game so really only need a Friday, Saturday and Sunday team. They will just cover the Thursday night games with one of those teams when needed. If JB moves they might go:

Fri Bruce / JB
Sat BT/ Duke
Sun Hamish/ Basil

If JB is coming to 7 I'd much prefer him to parter with Bruce than Hamish. Hamish can host the pre and post game show on the Friday, that I don't care about so much.

Anyway if JB does make the move looks like that will spell the end of The Footy Show. Can't see Bec hosting alone, and obviously Lyon won't be returning, so that sounds like it's done and dusted sadly.
I can see Hamish hosting the pre and post game show on the Friday, then calling for SEN on Saturday and Sunday.

Bruce/JB duo would work well in the Friday night timeslot for ch7

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm all for Brayshaw taking over from Dennis. I think he definitely plays up the 'blokey/banter' type stuff that Triple M obviously want to convey, but when put in a more serious situation he's a great caller, in my opinion. He seriously cannot be worse than Hamish McLachlan. That bloke is seriously laughably bad.

Fri - Bruce/JB
Sat - JB/Bennett
Sat Night - BT/Darcy
Sun - Bruce/Bennett

????

They don't really need a Saturday day team any more as that is a Fox game. On the weeks they have a fourth game it will be a Thursday night or public holiday.

Basil will still call a game. Seven love him.

They don't really need a Saturday day team any more as that is a Fox game. On the weeks they have a fourth game it will be a Thursday night or public holiday.

Basil will still call a game. Seven love him.
Don't Seven have four games every week? Or is it changing next year?

FTR that's more a somewhat realistic, yet optimistic commentary scenario. Basil and Rompingwins will probably do games instead of Bennett, unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back